Page 244 of 590 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is not normal that people seems to be happy here about possible sexual abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Your post could've been interpreted in many different ways.

But I agree, It's sad that people are kind of happy about sexual abuse because Singer didn't make good X-Men movies.

I am one of the defenders of Singer's movies here but this is indefensible (yeah, innocent until proven guilty blah blah but c'mon, guy holds parties for minors/barely legals and dresses up like a priest). People need to keep talking about it as long as accusations keep arising because if he keeps going unchecked, several kids are still at risk. Including young actors trying out for X-Men movies involving him.

And as somebody said, Chastain has to be more in the know than any of us being a Hollywood person and all. She was one of the few actresses to completely avoid Harvey Weinstein because she was aware of his behaviour pretty early on in her career. So she knows what's up.

BANNED

Buried lede: Chastain's comments confirm Singer has zero involvement with Dark Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Buried lede: Chastain's comments confirm Singer has zero involvement with Dark Phoenix.
    I was fearing Kinberg making his directorial debut with DP but now I'm relieved and intrigued with what JC had to say about the "many powerful female roles". Then again, I'm sure she said something similar about this too:

BANNED

You can have many powerful female roles and also still be a terrible movie.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

I am one of the defenders of Singer's movies here but this is indefensible (yeah, innocent until proven guilty blah blah but c'mon, guy holds parties for minors/barely legals and dresses up like a priest). People need to keep talking about it as long as accusations keep arising because if he keeps going unchecked, several kids are still at risk. Including young actors trying out for X-Men movies involving him.

And as somebody said, Chastain has to be more in the know than any of us being a Hollywood person and all. She was one of the few actresses to completely avoid Harvey Weinstein because she was aware of his behaviour pretty early on in her career. So she knows what's up.
    I wonder if people would take an accusation from a post by an anonymous on 4chan seriously.

BANNED

Oh the Singer defenders... I really hope he's paying well, otherwise any other reason to defend him doesn't look good if you get what I mean.

And huge eye roll at "anonymous accuser on 4chan". The accusations leveled against Singer have been going on for decades and they haven't been anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Oh the Singer defenders... I really hope he's paying well, otherwise any other reason to defend him doesn't look good if you get what I mean.

And huge eye roll at "anonymous accuser on 4chan". The accusations leveled against Singer have been going on for decades and they haven't been anonymous.
    I was referring to what caused the conversation. Which was deleted messages from random people on the internet.

And one of the actual accusers have been anonymous. Did you even look into the cases?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 11-08-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Just to be clear. I'm in no way defending Singer. I'm pretty sure he's guilty.

Spectacular Member

Hell, you can have "many powerful female roles" and still be a sexist movie.

This is very true. Terrible movies are not exclusive to male roles. It's possible for great female characters to be in terrible movies. I would rank X3 as one of those movies, just because it had Jean Grey standing around, looking deadpanned, and generally having the emotional range of a statue. Given how powerful she was in the first two X-men movies, that's a pretty serious downgrade.

I'm hopeful, but still bracing myself that X-men Dark Phoenix will learn from the lessons of X3. Even Kinberg has stated outright that X3 was a failure and he contributed to it, somewhat. This is his chance to show that he's learned from that experience. This movie has a lot going for it, including a Cyclops actor who didn't jump ship to a DC movie. That alone should help it improve. But again, I'm still bracing myself.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This is very true. Terrible movies are not exclusive to male roles. It's possible for great female characters to be in terrible movies. I would rank X3 as one of those movies, just because it had Jean Grey standing around, looking deadpanned, and generally having the emotional range of a statue. Given how powerful she was in the first two X-men movies, that's a pretty serious downgrade.

I'm hopeful, but still bracing myself that X-men Dark Phoenix will learn from the lessons of X3. Even Kinberg has stated outright that X3 was a failure and he contributed to it, somewhat. This is his chance to show that he's learned from that experience. This movie has a lot going for it, including a Cyclops actor who didn't jump ship to a DC movie. That alone should help it improve. But again, I'm still bracing myself.
    he thinks that fantastic four was good. he didn't learn anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    he thinks that fantastic four was good. he didn't learn anything.
    And he only admitted X3 sucked after 99% of fans made a big stink about it. If they hadn't, his interview would be about how proud he was of that movie. He does come off very phony in his interviews, and did eventually take back his compliments about F4 only after it had bombed beyond belief.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

And he only admitted X3 sucked after 99% of fans made a big stink about it. If they hadn't, his interview would be about how proud he was of that movie. He does come off very phony in his interviews, and did eventually take back his compliments about F4 only after it had bombed beyond belief.
    I always take interviews with Hollywood types with an extreme grain of salt. Both positive and negative.

Considering how incestuous the community is in terms of working relationships, it doesn't surprise me that there aren't a whole lotta people that want to trash movies/studios/people they've worked with/on because they never know when they'll have to go back to 'em. The last thing you wanna do is burn bridges, especially when you're trying to raise your profile like Kinberg is.

I think the very fact that he is going back to the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga shows that he wasn't pleased with how X3 ended up, but that could just be me.

I just really, really want a teaser (or at least some initial images) to come out so we can start talking about actual content instead of going Ouroboros on ourselves.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I always take interviews with Hollywood types with an extreme grain of salt. Both positive and negative.

Considering how incestuous the community is in terms of working relationships, it doesn't surprise me that there aren't a whole lotta people that want to trash movies/studios/people they've worked with/on because they never know when they'll have to go back to 'em. The last thing you wanna do is burn bridges, especially when you're trying to raise your profile like Kinberg is.
    I agree.
    I think the very fact that he is going back to the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga shows that he wasn't pleased with how X3 ended up, but that could just be me.

I just really, really want a teaser (or at least some initial images) to come out so we can start talking about actual content instead of going Ouroboros on ourselves.
    I think we have to wait at least till New Mutants gets released.