Page 452 of 590 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502552 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    And your point is?

I remember the trailers getting negative to okay reactions.
    From what I remember most of the negativity started when that set pic of Apocalypse with horrible lighting was revealed which I never understood why so many people said he looked like Ivan ooze, like I agree he looks terrible but besides the color in that set pic there's no resemblance to Ivan ooze in the in the slightest.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 06-13-2018 at 02:05 AM.

There is apparently a trailer coming soon with positive reactions.

https://heroichollywood.com/x-men-da...enix-reaction/
    Really looking forward to this. A good trailer doesn't always hint at a movie's success, but it certainly helps. After seeing those pictures from Entertainment Weekly, I'm excited to see Sophie Turner in all her Phoenix-fueled glory.

However, I get the feeling the trailer won't change the overall attitudes towards the movie. Those already determined to hate it will find a reason to say it sucked. Those who don't want to like the movie will find a reason to not like it even more. It's sad, but that's the nature of the genre these days. I hope it ends up swaying a few people. This movie succeeding can only help the superhero movie genre.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

And your point is?

I remember the trailers getting negative to okay reactions.
    You know my point. Suicide squad trailer had positive reactions and look how that turned out.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    You know my point. Suicide squad trailer had positive reactions and look how that turned out.
    And I never said that made the movie good.

BANNED

Like what I'm hearin' 'bout the trailer, and am lookin' real forward to seeing it for myself, FINALLY.

A good movie can have have a well-received trailer, just as easily as a bad one. There's no widely accepted, generalized rule of thumb, that I'm aware of.

AND, breaking news:

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

There is apparently a trailer coming soon with positive reactions.

https://heroichollywood.com/x-men-da...enix-reaction/
    Finally! I've been looking forward to it for months. I just wonder how much footage we'll see, or if it'll be one of those cryptic, logo-only teasers.

Counting down the minutes on both this and the Aquaman trailer...
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I just hope it's an actual trailer and not a nothing-teaser.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Raises hope, but then Apocalypse had a trailer with positive reactions as well. Trailers are easy, and not actually made by the guy, or even the studio, that made the movie.

I dislike FOX-MEN as much as the next guy... But the last FOX-MEN team movie with good trailer reactions was DoFP.

Apocalypse was panned from the get go.

This could be refreshing
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Apocalypse was panned from the get go.

This could be refreshing
    As much as I loved the Apocalypse trailers (not to mention the movie itself), I can admit that the online reaction to its trailers was pretty tepid. I'm hoping this trailer can, at the very least, pique the interest of a few people that are on the fence.

I'm afraid the whole Disney deal, assuming Comcast doesn't jump in and swipe Fox away, is going to put a pall of "Who cares about this movie if Marvel's just gonna reboot the X-Men anyway" on the thing, especially considering the release date. That can't really be helped, but it'd be unfortunate if the movie turns out awesome and doesn't get a decent audience.

I also really hope there's some meat to this trailer, but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't even show Phoenix.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Marvel has already begun to rebuild the X-Men and F4 in the comics. Plus them getting this push on the merch end already signals to me that they must have already did a hand off for the Marvel characters and they are just not saying it out loud, imo.

Anyways, I'm happy about the Dark Phoenix trailer reception. I really want Kinberg to do well since he seems very passionate about this.
    Last edited by StephenFoxMonster; 06-13-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Marvel has already begun to rebuild the X-Men and F4 in the comics. Plus them getting this push on the merch end already signals to me that they must have already did a hand off for the Marvel characters and they are just not saying it out loud, imo.
    hmmm... very interesting point. I was hearing that the xmen and f4 go back to marvel regardless of who gets the fox rights. what you described may be support this theory about the rights reverting back to marvel.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I hope they release the trailer publicly soon - I’d rather not wait another two months
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post

Anyways, I'm happy about the Dark Phoenix trailer reception. I really want Kinberg to do well since he seems very passionate about this.
    There is no merch push and the X-Men started being pushed in the comics long before Murdoch decided to sell his assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There is no merch push and the X-Men started being pushed in the comics long before Murdoch decided to sell his assets.
    My name is Sam, and I second this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Right, Marvel stopped trying to kill off the X-men and started pushing them in the comics again once they realized very few people cared about the Inhumans, this happened long before the deal between Fox and Disney was going on, no matter what the X-men always will be one of they're most successful comic titles.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 06-13-2018 at 01:30 PM.