Page 203 of 590 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 8841
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    In a couple months, people will hate Logan and say it broke the universe. Look at DoFP. Everybody loved it when it came out. Now the consensus is that it's a piece of crap.
    Meh there are some factors....JLAW BACKLASH being a significant one. Honestly, actually I say Mystique and thus JLAW is tied to most of the complaints besides the only POC existing are in the future where they just die a bunch....Mystique contributes to some Key Problems....shifting Strker to grab Wolverine which leads absolutely nowhere. And you know the fact that Sentinels supposedly get their powers from Mystique instead of you know Rogue or Darwin. And you know Mystique trying to go for the kill despite being told no by everyone including a dude from the future Also, now I am no expert but when does killing the leader of a country tend to not result in enhanced security measures not happening?

I never liked Logan. Just got around to finally watching it recently. Too much gratuitous violence against POC. Weird fetishization/violence with the clone children. Logan and Charles are these weird, lost characters, with almost no heroic, redeeming qualities left. Caliban is just a plot convenience (there to be a natural Cerebro), and has some strange gay lover of Logan/Charles vibe going on. X24 was stupid, and the Reavers, my god, would it have been so hard to give one of them a mini tank to ride on? Also Pierce was a waste. I know everyone just lapped it up, but I thought it was horrible(but then, everyone is lapping up WW too, so, ya know...).

I cringe at how Fox will do Genosha and push Jean to the side(again) in her own story.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Meh there are some factors....JLAW BACKLASH being a significant one. Honestly, actually I say Mystique and thus JLAW is tied to most of the complaints besides the only POC existing are in the future where they just die a bunch....Mystique contributes to some Key Problems....shifting Strker to grab Wolverine which leads absolutely nowhere. And you know the fact that Sentinels supposedly get their powers from Mystique instead of you know Rogue or Darwin. And you know Mystique trying to go for the kill despite being told no by everyone including a dude from the future Also, now I am no expert but when does killing the leader of a country tend to not result in enhanced security measures not happening?
    Mystique was there to save him from drowning. Kinberg even stated so back in 2014 when DOFP came out. Wasn't meant to go anywhere other than that.

EDIT: They implied Rogue was involved with the new Sentinels in the Rogue cut.

And Logan never spoke to Mystique.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-06-2017 at 01:23 AM.

BANNED

Interesting definition of saving someone.

Yeah well much Like BvS the Theatric Cut it what matters.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Interesting definition of saving someone.

Yeah well much Like BvS the Theatric Cut it what matters.
    Oh, so you believe lifeguards don't save people either?

BANNED

Do lifeguards usually drop them into the welcome arms of secret industrial military complex people?

Or was Wolverine not in a Weapon X facility during Age of Apocalypse.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Do lifeguards usually drop them into the welcome arms of secret industrial military complex people?

Or was Wolverine not in a Weapon X facility during Age of Apocalypse.
    Wow, there are a LOT of assumptions going on here. All we see is a bunch of military guys, under the "command" or Mystique, raise Wolverine out of the water. That's it.

I do admit that it's easy to assume that's how WX got their hands on him, but we don't actually know that. She could just have easily had him transported somewhere, beat up the military guys en route and turned him loose, only for Stryker to find him later and catch him.

After all, we don't know how long Wolverine was with WX prior to Apocalypse. We just know he was there.

Again, I get how people would jump to the conclusion that Mystique turns Wolvie over to WX, but there isn't enough on-screen to confirm it.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

The problem is that scene is ultimately entirely pointless. We didn't need to see that Wolverine survived. We knew that because he woke up in the good future.

BANNED

And he is Wolverine? I mean you are not going to have Logan go out like that.

And he is Wolverine? I mean you are not going to have Logan go out like that.
    You can assume that but not that Raven saved him once but Weapon X captured him again?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    You can assume that but not that Raven saved him once but Weapon X captured him again?
    You do a scene of Raven pretending to be Stryker and saving Wolverine, and then expect the audience to just accept that he got in Weapon X anyway? Then what was the point of that scene?

Not showing anything is better.

BANNED

Not really the same...one is assuming that Wolverine escaped and got recaptured later which is of course possible but nothing in the narrative supports that.

...whereas the other is assuming you don't kill the biggest character in the franchise in such lame and unsatisfying way. And you know the above mentioned he woke up in the good future which tells you he didn't actually die.

Not really the same...one is assuming that Wolverine escaped and got recaptured later which is of course possible but nothing in the narrative supports that.
    Apocalypse shows her saving mutants but just dumping them at safe places like Xavier's instead of keeping track of their whereabouts. Logan being an adult and well, Logan, couldn't be expected to remain at such a safe place for long.

...whereas the other is assuming you don't kill the biggest character in the franchise in such lame and unsatisfying way. And you know the above mentioned he woke up in the good future which tells you he didn't actually die.
    Drowning 70's Logan still is an incomplete way to end even if we know Future Logan is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Drowning 70's Logan still is an incomplete way to end even if we know Future Logan is okay.
    Could have had Poccy get him from the river, give him adamantium and make him a Horseman, but then he'd have to be already active, not napping in the pyramid for thousands of years. I didn't like how they took Poccy off the board like that. One of the fun parts about his 616 origin is being active since the pharaonic days of KMT, and having traveled the world and taken on the role of destroyer in various time periods/cultures.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You do a scene of Raven pretending to be Stryker and saving Wolverine, and then expect the audience to just accept that he got in Weapon X anyway? Then what was the point of that scene?

Not showing anything is better.
    To me, the scene would've been fine if they hadn't had the Mystique eye flash at the end of it.

As shown, it does lead the audience to assume that she turns Logan over to the feds/Weapon X, which honestly doesn't make any sense. If there had been some dialogue in Apocalypse when they were at Alkali Lake that acknowledged that scene or explained what happened, it would have been fine.

For example, maybe Mystique was trying to rescue Logan but gets found out and she sells Logan out to Stryker to save her own @$$, which could've led to feelings of guilt that caused her to become the mutant rescuer that we see in the beginning of Apocalypse. I'm obviously just spit-balling, but something like that could've worked.

As-is, though, it's just a dangling plot thread, but not one that disrupts my enjoyment of either DOFP or Apocalypse.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."