Page 499 of 590 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    It is interesting that it and Dark Phoenix are slated to release within a month or so of each other, given that they both take place in the early '90s, focus primarily on a female character and (potentially) both have Skrulls.
    The connection is obvious at this point. As I said before, it's Fox's turn to put up or...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It should be an epic space opera with the Shi'ar, the Imperial Guard, and Starjammers.
    I'd like it to have those characters, too, but I'll judge the movie on its own merits and see how it works, regardless of whether or not they're in it.

After all, Infinity War didn't have Adam Warlock, Mephisto or Mistress Death (the latter of which is Thanos's entire character motivation), and the fanboys still loved that movie. So judging this movie by what characters it may not have is a little wrong-headed.

I wasn't aiming that last bit at you specifically, Jokerz: it's more of a generalized statement.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I will say Infinity War pissed me off for not using Mistress Death(or at least Hela), and Adam Warlock. Mephisto I could take or leave(and they did have Loki do what he did to an extent, like how Hulk was in Silver Surfer's place). Creative switches like that which acknowledge the original canon do a lot for me, though. It's a respect for the canon, even if they are making new choices.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    ...that Aquaman trailer had me looking sideways, and not in a good way. And I despised Logan.
    Wow. We're totally different people. To each his/her own, of course, but I loved the Aquaman trailer and adored Logan.

The connection is obvious at this point. As I said before, it's Fox's turn to put up or...
    True. We'll have to simply wait and see how the Dark Phoenix trailer looks. Whenever they release it, of course.

I will say Infinity War pissed me off for not using Mistress Death(or at least Hela), and Adam Warlock. Mephisto I could take or leave(and they did have Loki do what he did to an extent, like how Hulk was in Silver Surfer's place). Creative switches like that which acknowledge the original canon do a lot for me, though. It's a respect for the canon, even if they are making new choices.
    I definitely agree with the bold. While I still enjoyed the movie, it still made me a little salty that they turned Thanos into space Ra's Al Ghul.

One thing that's started bothering me lately about the MCU is that they are growing more and more divergent from the comics. At first, they were being pretty faithful to a lot of them. Every adaptation has its changes, of course, but they were pretty accurate. It just seems like they are growing farther and farther away from the comics as time goes on, and it's really jarring for me. Almost to an aggravating degree. So while Guardians of the Galaxy might be a fun movie, they aren't really my GotG (the DnA-era team), which the movies bear very little resemblance to at this point. Don't even get me started on Vol. 2.

I didn't have so much of a problem with this in regards to the X-Men movies because they were so different from the start that I was more amenable to changes. So while I was pissed at how horrifically X3 treated everything not named Beast or Shadowcat, I didn't mind at all how William Stryker was changed in X2, which I still consider to be one of the best CBMs ever.

Sorry for that tangent. Kinda went stream of consciousness there for a minute.

Amazing Member

I hope to god this movie is good and should also be a good conclusion but with Kinberg at helm I have no confidence and only time will tell when Disney finally has control of the X-Men.

Spectacular Member

Wow. We're totally different people. To each his/her own, of course, but I loved the Aquaman trailer and adored Logan.
    And I'm in the middle of the both of you. I loved Logan and hated the Aquaman trailer also. We should hang out!!!

Huth Parker posted a new photo on instagram that looks like Mystique and Jean talking. The reshoot seem to be over already. So 2 weeks more or less.

I can't wait for the trailer!

I definitely agree with the bold. While I still enjoyed the movie, it still made me a little salty that they turned Thanos into space Ra's Al Ghul.

One thing that's started bothering me lately about the MCU is that they are growing more and more divergent from the comics. At first, they were being pretty faithful to a lot of them. Every adaptation has its changes, of course, but they were pretty accurate. It just seems like they are growing farther and farther away from the comics as time goes on, and it's really jarring for me. Almost to an aggravating degree. So while Guardians of the Galaxy might be a fun movie, they aren't really my GotG (the DnA-era team), which the movies bear very little resemblance to at this point. Don't even get me started on Vol. 2.

I didn't have so much of a problem with this in regards to the X-Men movies because they were so different from the start that I was more amenable to changes. So while I was pissed at how horrifically X3 treated everything not named Beast or Shadowcat, I didn't mind at all how William Stryker was changed in X2, which I still consider to be one of the best CBMs ever.

Sorry for that tangent. Kinda went stream of consciousness there for a minute.
    No, it's all good. For me, since I don't really care about the non-X-Men Marvel properties that much, the changes the MCU made to them didn't bother me. For the most part, the films were actually elevating the characters. Until they changed Thanos's entire MO and made him a bullhorn for depopulation agendas. That one has me incredibly salty(even if I still see the film as well-constructed and effective for the most part). I also hated what they did to T'Chaka in BP, even if that film is also still very effective.

When the Fox films change so much about the X-Men lore that I love above all else, and produce what I see as inferior lore, that is where I will take issue. Dark Phoenix, in particular, is messing with some of the best of Claremont/Byrne's work, which I feel is basically a cardinal sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    And I'm in the middle of the both of you. I loved Logan and hated the Aquaman trailer also. We should hang out!!!
    lol, the full spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Having aliens in your story is not enough to be labeled a space opera. Space opera means taking place mainly in outerspace. That’s why the Men In Black films are not consided space operas because they take place entirely on earth.

EDIT: The Starjammers weren’t in Dark Phoenix.
    Dark Phoenix is lesser without the entire Phoenix Saga which the Starjammers are in and it should had been a trilogy but Fox dropped the ball IMO and the sad thing is this is the second time so I doubt I'll ever see a proper Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Saga on the Big Screen which is my favorite comic book storyline and hence my anger at Fox.

Spectacular Member

I passed the moment of anger a while ago. I'm simply excited to see a new X-Men movie in a couple of months before we get even more movies from a new, fresh team. Kinberg barely has any talent as a writer in my eyes but he seems to be smart enough to bring in some fantastic talent for this movie. So there is hope that the movie will be at least mediocre and not downright horrible.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-18-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Dark Phoenix is lesser without the entire Phoenix Saga which the Starjammers are in and it should had been a trilogy but Fox dropped the ball IMO and the sad thing is this is the second time so I doubt I'll ever see a proper Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Saga on the Big Screen which is my favorite comic book storyline and hence my anger at Fox.
    I understand your feelings. It seems like no one can get this story correct on the big screen, except we have not seen this version yet. Maybe we will be surprised?

I passed the moment of anger a while ago. I'm simply excited to see a new X-Men movie in a couple of months before we get even more movies from a new, fresh team. Kinberg barely has any talent as a writer in my ideas but he seems to be smart enough to bring in some fantastic talent for this movie. So there is hope that the movie will be at least mediocre and not downright horrible.
    I am with you here!

I am excited to see what we get. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I understand your feelings. It seems like no one can get this story correct on the big screen, except we have not seen this version yet. Maybe we will be surprised?
    no, we won't. It will be a very very different storyline and not an adaptation. Everything that leaked confirmed this already. But I'm still interested to see what they will come up with. And the Dark Phoenix Saga also hasn't aged so well from a gender perspective in my eyes. so I hope Jean will transcend humanity and become a powerful goddess flying into space and finds happiness, instead of committing suicide because she is not getting medical treatment for her mental illness (probably her insatiable sex addiction (?!?!)).

no, we won't. It will be a very very different storyline and not an adaptation. Everything that leaked confirmed this already. But I'm still interested to see what they will come up with. And the Dark Phoenix Saga also hasn't aged so well from a gender perspective in my eyes. so I hope Jean will transcend humanity and become a powerful goddess flying into space and finds happiness, instead of committing suicide because she is not getting medical treatment for her mental illness (probably her insatiable sex addiction (?!?!)).
    No one wants a happy and different ending of the Dark Phoenix Saga for Jean, one where Jean is alive and fully empowered, more than I. Jean, as Phoenix, is a goddess. She would be a perfect hero in outer space having cosmic adventures.

While this movie may not be an adaptation, I am still excited to see what it is about and remain Hopeful until I see it and they prove it otherwise.

new pic reeshott

versus old pic

Last edited by juan678; 09-18-2018 at 05:45 PM.