Page 557 of 590 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Good things are worth waiting for, but unless there's a VERY good reason...this is pushing it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    It is a remake. You are splitting hair here. Sorry.

- Xavier manipulates Jean to keep her in control. Check.
    - Xavier's manipulation leads to Jean losing control in the present. Check.
    - We see a moment from Jean Grey's childhood. Check.
    - Magneto lives somewhere in the woods with a group of mutants. Check.
    - Jean Grey kills an X-Men at her old family home. Check.
    - We will have a funeral scene during the middle of the movie. Check.
    - The aesthetic of Magneto's brotherhood sidekick tattoo mutants. Check.
    - conflict between the X-Men: shall we save or kill her. Check.
    - Jean Grey in a coat wrecking havoc. Check.

The only difference so far is that most roles are reversed. It is a remake in my eyes...the new subplot is not the cure storyline but random aliens nobody had heard before infiltrating the earth.
    How funny that 2 movies about a specific story would share common plot points that are also present in the original source.

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    The like/dislike ratio on youtube is a lot better then I thought it was gonna be, this is honesty surprising considering the amount of hate it's been getting for over a year now, I mean a ton of the comments on there are negative but when it comes to the likes and dislikes it's 147K likes to 9.3K dislikes and also happens to be number 4 on trending at the moment, I just didn't expect that tbh.
    It's not surprising.

The X-Men movies aren't universally hated like the disgruntled fanboys try to paint the picture of them being. It is actually a very well received and liked franchise.

BANNED

There it is, Storm and Kurt joined Magneto

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Good things are worth waiting for, but unless there's a VERY good reason...this is pushing it.
    Seems that Fox got greedy and wanted put out an PG13 cut of Deadpool 2 in December to get a China release. So it took Alita: Battle of Aliens’s spot which was already in a crowded date, gave that Dark Phoenix’s date and that got Gambit’s original release date.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    There it is, Storm and Kurt joined Magneto

Talked about the image pages back. Everyone that had a soft spot for Mystique(except Xavier) joins him.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-28-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Btw, something came to mind:

This movies to be taking inspiration from the Morrison run. The suits, the way Phoenix looks, and Genosha seemlying getting destroyed.

Didn’t Cassandra Nova take over the body of a shape shifting alien that was connected to the Shi’ra in that run?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-28-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Spectacular Member Holland Oates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Yeesh! What a mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I am so dang confused now. Horrifically disappointed and confused. Don't really have anything else to say than that.

The worst thing about this is all the crap that's already being thrown about, mainly from Fox-bashers. We get it: you hate their take on the property and want the MCU takeover. I'm interested to see that eventual take, too (assuming the super hero bubble doesn't pop by then, which I think is a strong possibility), but I really want to see how this movie plays out, as I'm still a huge fan of the franchise.

*Sigh* Just gonna have to wait that much longer...
    There is no "superhero bubble" there is a "cape and cowl" bubble. Superhero movies aren't Westerns. Logan is Western, Deadpool and Antman are Comedies, Winter Solider is a spy thriller, GoG was Scifi. Superheroes movies are too diverse to go anywhere and comic fans should know that. When people say Comic book movies or Superhero movies are going away it is always weird Men in Black,Time Cop, Road to Perdition, RED, History of Violence ,From Hell are "comic book movies". Do I think that people will get tired of the Spandex heavy,Masked comic book trope superheroes? Yes the comic book industry has spurts of moving away and going back but we have already seen comic industry adjust as necessary so will the movie industry. The X-men can be spandex and scfi ,The X-men can be serious and grounded.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-28-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Here is part of the reason for the delay.

The latest X-Men installment “Dark Phoenix” is also leaving its original premiere date behind in favor of an early summer release June 7. The premiere shift is also part of an effort to capitalize on Chinese viewers, following a strong response to its trailer this week.
    https://variety.com/2018/film/news/f...it-1202961650/

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    There is no "superhero bubble" there is a "cape and cowl" bubble. Superhero movies aren't Westerns. Logan is Western, Deadpool and Antman are Comedies, Winter Solider is a spy thriller, GoG was Scifi. Superheroes movies are too diverse to go anywhere and comic fans should know that. When people say Comic book movies or Superhero movies are going away it is always weird Men in Black,Time Cop, Road to Perdition, RED, History of Violence ,From Hell are "comic book movies". Do I think that people will get tired of the Spandex heavy,Masked comic book trope superheroes? Yes the comic book industry has spurts of moving away and going back but we have already seen comic industry adjust as necessary so will the movie industry. The X-men can be spandex and scfi ,The X-men can be serious and grounded.
    My precise thoughts when I hear the "super hero fatigue" argument, it's completely possible that an audience could grow weary of a particular franchise or series there's proof in that. However, comics in general are so varied that it is prime material for filmmakers to create whatever universe they want. The magic ultimately lies in the film, whether it succeeds or not are up to the merits of that film.

The X-Men if used correctly, with care, and understanding is one of the most extraordinary franchises, with it's consistent application in a variety of narrative genres, with a rich and varied cast dependent on use.

What. A. Mess. And just one day after the first trailer. Just... ugh.

So what happened to all that "February is a great release month! Deadpool and BP were so successful! VALENTINE'S DAY RELEASE DATE!"

You know I thought this movie was definitely getting released in the theaters. I was 100% sure of it. Now, not so much. This really may end up on streaming.

And do people really believe Feige's going to merge these universes? REALLY?! And please don't argue that it's just speculation, that I don't actually know what Feige's going to do, that your speculation has the same validity as mine. Just don't. And these are the same people that believe mutant in MCU are going to be somehow related to Stark. Seriously.

And people are worried about superhero bubble? Again? Guys, have you seen the top grossing movies of this year?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

So what happened to all that "February is a great release month! Deadpool and BP were so successful! VALENTINE'S DAY RELEASE DATE!"
    Look two posts up. Fox been really greedy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

You know I thought this movie was definitely getting released in the theaters. I was 100% sure of it. Now, not so much. This really may end up on streaming.

And do people really believe Feige's going to merge these universes? REALLY?! And please don't argue that it's just speculation, that I don't actually know what Feige's going to do, that your speculation has the same validity as mine. Just don't. And these are the same people that believe mutant in MCU are going to be somehow related to Stark. Seriously.

And people are worried about superhero bubble? Again? Guys, have you seen the top grossing movies of this year?
    There are ways to link the two franchises without merging them. In fact a way to link them but completely dissolve the Fox uninverse.

Just let Phoenix “win” in the movie. Fox xmen universe destroyed, and the Phoenix somehow makes its way to the mcu in a later film, if not infinity war 2 since it will likely involve time/multiverse travel. Phoenix either alters time has mutants existing since beginning of mcu, or it ignites mutant gene like post avx.

No, No, I’m not actually predicting this will happen. But I’m just saying it’s possibel to link the two franchises but start over with a complete blank slate. Because I agree that disney would be crazy to keep anything from Fox xmen (and this is coming from someone who loves the Fox xmen movies). No need to get opinionated with what will or won’t happen. It’s all in good fun to imagine scenarios

But yes this delay is a huge mess. I genuinely have no idea what’s gonna happen next.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Just make the Fox X-Men franchise into the Exile franchise(which was already pitched as a Marvel show) while spontaneously having the MCU X-Men. That will please everyone.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-28-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Kinberg
    Raven is a part of the X-Men, but she’s critical of some of Charles’ methodologies, in terms of him feeling as though they can just dress up in those costumes and be considered the same as the rest of humanity, so there is a schism forming between her and Charles. That struggle has been present in every movie, and we do it in a hopefully slightly more subtle way in this film. She toggles back and forth between Raven and Mystique, and there is meaning to that as there has always been in the previous three X-Men movies.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09...ssor-x-issues/

I just can't with this. It's almost funny. Yeah, just keep repeating the same thing you did in previous three movies.