Page 556 of 590 FirstFirst ... 56456506546552553554555556557558559560566 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 8841

By June 2019, we will probably be up to 1500 pages on this thread!

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I am so dang confused now. Horrifically disappointed and confused. Don't really have anything else to say than that.

The worst thing about this is all the crap that's already being thrown about, mainly from Fox-bashers. We get it: you hate their take on the property and want the MCU takeover. I'm interested to see that eventual take, too (assuming the super hero bubble doesn't pop by then, which I think is a strong possibility), but I really want to see how this movie plays out, as I'm still a huge fan of the franchise.

*Sigh* Just gonna have to wait that much longer...
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I am so dang confused now. Horrifically disappointed and confused. Don't really have anything else to say than that.

The worst thing about this is all the crap that's already being thrown about, mainly from Fox-bashers. We get it: you hate their take on the property and want the MCU takeover. I'm interested to see that eventual take, too (assuming the super hero bubble doesn't pop by then, which I think is a strong possibility), but I really want to see how this movie plays out, as I'm still a huge fan of the franchise.

There is no superhero bubble. It's a sustained trend. Just like sports are wildly popular and pop music is wildly popular. Just like mobile phones and the internet are popular.

BANNED

Like I said, petty and pithy condescension.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    There is no superhero bubble. It's a sustained trend. Just like sports are wildly popular and pop music is wildly popular. Just like mobile phones and the internet are popular.
    I think it's more a genre like Westerns. It'll go strong for a while, but, eventually, I think they'll drop out of vogue. Don't get me wrong: I don't want that to happen. I just have a sneaking suspicion that it will, possibly as soon as after Avengers 4.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    wow, I'm deeply shocked! That's so humiliating for the entire crew. They send Sophie Turner to a talkshow and release the trailer and a day later they decide to postpone the release? WTF?!?!

Very sad day.
    Why is it sad? They just released a trailer close to October. This is why too late to start a media campaign for a film that was supposed to come out in February.

I agree it's not the actors fault. Essentially X-Men: Dark Phoenix has to be good, if not spectacular or we have a lot of fired Fox people. That's just what happens during mergers.

I think it's more a genre like Westerns. It'll go strong for a while, but, eventually, I think they'll drop out of vogue. Don't get me wrong: I don't want that to happen. I just have a sneaking suspicion that it will, possibly as soon as after Avengers 4.
    The westerns were king for like 30 years even if we say it started with X-Men we still got about 15 years.

BANNED

Westerners never completely went away. Not the most popular film genre now, but in cable and VOD they still do fairly well.

Comic books were for a rather marginalized crowd, and a lot of comic fans hate the mainstream success of comic book characters. The superhero bubble was supposedly going to break before Disney bought Marvel. Now look at it. It isn't breaking because there is now bubble. Widespread popularity of something isn't a bubble.

Disney cartoons have been going on for decades, as have Disney fans in general. Fantasy/sci have has been popular for many decades, and all superhero movies are fantasy/sci. DC movies have been on the screen and on tv for decades, as DC was a part of Time Warner. What's new is Marvel is a part of Disney and now has a corporate parent to properly produce and promote it's films.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    It's not a bubble, but it's definitely something where interest can't be sustained in a consistent manner outside of a small audience of fans (who might actually lose interest if a studio consistently screws up). I like your comparison to sports - but the way I see it, a cinematic genre is like a specific sport. People wouldn't be as much into football if you had games twice a week all year round. It's fun and exciting because football season only comes around for a few months.

People are getting tired of superhero movies and other huge releases because of how close together the movies are being released now, and because you don't have that much variety within the genre.

On another note, Dark Phoenix being delayed would at least give them more time to market it properly. The movie is a finished product so they might as well go ahead and release it, and pushing the release back to market the movie is a way to get as much of their money back as possible. I feel like the movie will be completely overlooked among other summer blockbusters though.

Also the Superhero genre has an edge even westerns didn't that it isn't about the genre but the characters. There are people who saw Black Panther and even Guardians films who didn't care about previous MCU films and loved those characters and went to Infinity War.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It's not a bubble, but it's definitely something where interest can't be sustained in a consistent manner outside of a core group of fans. I like your comparison to sports - but the way I see it, a cinematic genre is like a specific sport. People wouldn't be as much into football if you had games twice a week all year round. It's fun and exciting because football season only comes around for a few months.

People are getting tired of superhero movies and other huge releases because of how close together the movies are being released now, and because you don't have that much variety within the genre.

On another note, Dark Phoenix being delayed would at least give them more time to market it properly. The movie is a finished product so they might as well go ahead and release it, and pushing the release back to market the movie is a way to get as much of their money back as possible. I feel like the movie will be completely overlooked among other summer blockbusters though.
    The only people getting "tired" of anything are the same trollish comic book fans who have made the same negative comments all my adult life and these people are in their 50s now.

The markets do not show any sign of anyone being tired. Disney makes more money than every, and enough to buy Fox's assets.

Saying one day people will get tired of superhero movies is like saying one day the sun will go supernova. Anything is possible one day but there's no evidence of it happening anytime soon, if even in our lifetimes as there have been superhero movies all my life. Just as their have been sports all my life, and fantasy/sci movies of which comics are a subset of. None of this stuff has ever lost it's popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Everything Simon Kinberg touches turns to ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Gurl I just can't take this, it's too much.

Get my pocketbook, I'm leaving.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

My first attempt. lol

DP meme.jpg

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post

And give them time to work on the effects of the reshoots.

BANNED

There's no superhero bubble, good movies will sell, bad movies will fail, period.