Page 509 of 590 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 8841

One other factor that's worth pointing out is brand value. We just heard from Bob Iger, himself, that Kevin Feige is going to take the helm for the X-men movie franchise once the merger is complete. He also made clear that there shouldn't be two branches of Marvel. They should be under the same roof. For Disney, who value their brand more than almost any other company, they have a huge incentive to make sure that the X-men brand is as valuable as possible. The best way to do that, at this point, is to make sure that X-men Dark Phoenix is the best movie it can be. Even though Disney isn't involved in making it, they have a vested interest in seeing it succeed. Unlike before, Fox isn't a competitor anymore and the X-men are part of their catalog. On top of that, Feige got his start on the first X-men movie. He's made clear that the franchise means a lot to him. For him, making Dark Phoenix great is the best way prepare the X-men for the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

How can he do that, really, when this film was written and mostly produced long before the deal was even beginning to crystallize? It is still not final. I have a hard time believing Kinberg would be humble enough to even take advice from Feige, even if there would be an active attempt from Marvel/Disney to modify Fox's product at this point[before the final paperwork has been completed]. If Marvel/Disney really wanted to maximize it's X-Men brand, and was already taking an active role in steering its course at this point, it would probably want to scrap the film entirely and do a Phoenix to Dark Phoenix build up properly under their own complete creative control, from top to bottom. Kinberg has already had a hand in messing it up once. A faulty second attempt would almost certainly sour audiences to what is perhaps the most impactful story in X-Men canon, prohibiting the MCU from doing it their way a third time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    ultracheap Roger Corman (you do know who that is, right?)

"Sorry about the costume, folks. Corman's poodle died and he doesn't like to waste anything."

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    One other factor that's worth pointing out is brand value. We just heard from Bob Iger, himself, that Kevin Feige is going to take the helm for the X-men movie franchise once the merger is complete. He also made clear that there shouldn't be two branches of Marvel. They should be under the same roof. For Disney, who value their brand more than almost any other company, they have a huge incentive to make sure that the X-men brand is as valuable as possible. The best way to do that, at this point, is to make sure that X-men Dark Phoenix is the best movie it can be. Even though Disney isn't involved in making it, they have a vested interest in seeing it succeed. Unlike before, Fox isn't a competitor anymore and the X-men are part of their catalog. On top of that, Feige got his start on the first X-men movie. He's made clear that the franchise means a lot to him. For him, making Dark Phoenix great is the best way prepare the X-men for the MCU.
    By the time of Amazing Spider-Man 2 Disney no longer got any of the box office from Spider-Man they traded their percentage of Box Office profits for full TV and Merchandising rights but Feige still gave notes on Amazing Spider-Man 2 notes Sony ignored. But he gave those notes because he didn't want the larger Marvel Brand hurt by a crappy movie. If good it will get the normal support but if bad it will be ignored by Marvel Studios and New Mutants will probably end up on Streaming. The sad thing is even if good a lot of people have moved on already and are talking about when will the X-Men come to the MCU and not Dark Phoenix.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-25-2018 at 04:56 AM.

Dark Phoenix is being released and unless another delay will be released in theaters the only film IMO in danger of being buried is New Mutants which will likely be released once Fox is fully under Disney's control and they could put on Streaming as an incentive for their Streaming Service and partially bury it if Feige wants to reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    By the time of Amazing Spider-Man 2 Disney no longer got any of the box office from Spider-Man they traded their percentage of Box Office profits for full TV and Merchandising rights but Feige still gave notes on Amazing Spider-Man 2 notes Sony ignored. But he gave those notes because he didn't want the larger Marvel Brand hurt by a crappy movie. If good it will get the normal support but if bad it will be ignored by Marvel Studios and New Mutants will probably end up on Streaming. The sad thing is even if good a lot of people have moved on already and are talking about when will the X-Men come to the MCU and not Dark Phoenix.
    All valid points. I would just add one more. Marvel, Disney, and the X-men brand have a lot more to gain with Dark Phoenix succeeding. And unlike Sony, Fox knows it's going to be under Disney's ownership soon. It's a lot harder for them to ignore notes from someone like Feige. I think Sony's willingness to ignore him was a big part of what sunk Amazing Spider-Man. Between that and the merger, Fox has plenty of incentive to coordinate and Disney has just as much incentive to make sure both Dark Phoenix and New Mutants succeed.

Now honestly, I think New Mutants' situation is a lot more tenuous. It's scheduled to come out after the merger is finalized. By then, maybe Disney feels the brand would be better served by making New Mutants a streaming exclusive. But as I said before, a good movie will do more than a good exclusive to enhance the value of a brand.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

BANNED

IIRC, rebooting with Homecoming was also Sony's decision, not DisMar's, and that they COULD have continued with ASM3 instead had 2 not been so poorly received.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    IIRC, rebooting with Homecoming was also Sony's decision, not DisMar's, and that they COULD have continued with ASM3 instead had 2 not been so poorly received.
    Yes, they had already decided to reboot before the Marvel deal, because ASM2 underperformed and Garfield was fired after being rude to Sony's higherups.

I'm sad this movie is being made. They could have stopped at Apocalypse. This story deserved to be dealt in two movies Phoenix and Dark Phoenix. I would have loved to see what Disney could have done with it. Now I wonder what story from the X-Men mythos they'll choose to do first.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That's because of two reasons one a falling out with Garfield and the fallout from the Sony hacks the being poorly received wasn't a big an issue as people think plenty of franchises aren't critically well received. Also where did I say Marvel was behind the decision? I simply said Feige cares about over films even not when MCU simply because they effect the larger Marvel Brand which includes the MCU and if Dark Phoenix is bad it could have ramifications on New Mutants because by then Feige will be in charge and deciding to reboot or not.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-25-2018 at 05:53 AM.

BANNED

That's because of two reasons one a falling out with Garfield and the fallout from the Sony hacks the being poorly received wasn't a big an issue as people think plenty of franchises aren't critically well received.
    Critical response, maybe, but when it misses box office expectations (and how ridiculous is it that $700 million is considered "disappointing?") and audience response is tepid is another matter.

in reddit is Leak Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Do you have a link to this?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Do you have a link to this?
    Just google it. It's in Marvel Studios sub-reddit for some reason. I have my thoughts, but I won't say anything until the official trailer release.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I saw pics of it and I freaked. I might wait for the official trailer release but we’ll see how much patience I have lol
    First X-Lady