Page 296 of 590 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 8841
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd say MM is the bigger question mark of the two. At least with X-23 you have an established brand coming off a critical and financial hit, with writers who already have Disney connections (Kyle was involved with all three Thor films along with working for Marvel in general, and Mangold has a number of Disney projects in the works). MM is going to be much more of a dark horse.
    I do hope the reboot cast is kept despite the changing of hands. They seem like especially capable up and coming actors to be honest.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    I do hope the reboot cast is kept despite the changing of hands. They seem like especially capable up and coming actors to be honest.
    I love the new X-casts (New Mutants, Deadpool clan and X-Men), but expect everyone but Ryan Reynolds to be shown the door, which is hugely disappointing.

They'll only keep Reynolds around because Deadpool's meta enough to get away with it, but you can likely say goodbye to his R rating.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Disney put out Big Hero 6 which is a Marvel property not set in the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Disney put out Big Hero 6 which is a Marvel property not set in the MCU.
    They can also just run with the Multiverse for a couple years, at least as an initial starting point so they can more smoothly integrate things later, rather than trying to throw mutants in through a clumsy retcon.

Honestly, Disney almost HAS to take advantage of Fox working independently from Marvel Studios. The X-Men are too big of a franchise to only get one film every 2-3 years. Between the core team, the other team spinoffs, and the other solo films that's fodder for at LEAST 3 X-films each year. I don't see Marvel Studios as being physically capable of producing 3 regular MCU films AND 3 X-Films every year.

They can also just run with the Multiverse for a couple years, at least as an initial starting point so they can more smoothly integrate things later, rather than trying to throw mutants in through a clumsy retcon.

Honestly, Disney almost HAS to take advantage of Fox working independently from Marvel Studios. The X-Men are too big of a franchise to only get one film every 2-3 years. Between the core team, the other team spinoffs, and the other solo films that's fodder for at LEAST 3 X-films each year. I don't see Marvel Studios as being physically capable of producing 3 regular MCU films AND 3 X-Films every year.
    I agree completely: I just don't have faith in Disney to actually do that. I mean, we say how fast they jammed Spider-Man into the MCU. I don't see why they would treat this any differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I agree completely: I just don't have faith in Disney to actually do that. I mean, we say how fast they jammed Spider-Man into the MCU. I don't see why they would treat this any differently.
    That wasn’t Disney but Sony’s decision.

They cant and shouldnt oversaturate the market though. They should start with one, maybe 2 films to build that universe up and later expand from there. Even if they are released under Fox, they are still competing against each other and 6 Disney superhero films a year can easily lead to burn out

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    That wasn’t Disney but Sony’s decision.
    Sony certainly gave Marvel the rights to use Spidey, but I thought his inclusion in Civil War and the fast-tracking of Homecoming were all Marvel. Could be wrong there, but I thought that was the case.

Sony certainly gave Marvel the rights to use Spidey, but I thought his inclusion in Civil War and the fast-tracking of Homecoming were all Marvel. Could be wrong there, but I thought that was the case.
    Spidey being in Civil War was Marvel Studio's idea because they wanted Sony to feel like Spider-man was super important to achieve the story that they wanted to tell. (This was to help them guarantee the deal) This has been openly discussed before.

Sony still owns the rights to Spider-Man. That’s why they can make the Venom movie.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I want this to be the last fox-men movie. this will be a nice send off to the fox-men franchise!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I want this to be the last fox-men movie. this will be a nice send off to the fox-men franchise!!
    Ending with the Phoenix is fitting as well.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineandDeadpool View Post
    Ending with the Phoenix is fitting as well.
    I wonder how this announcement will impact sales for this movie.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wonder how this announcement will impact sales for this movie.
    I think Disney will see how the upcoming X-men films do and then take action from there.

This movie is the last before the reboot of the franchise. I think that it is best that it bombs so that they can reboot.