Page 329 of 590 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 8841
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Yes, it certainly will be interesting to see what transpires, and how things unfold. I have a feelin' tho, that no matter what, there's still gonna be fans that aren't happy. Whether it be character & casting choices, costumes, storylines, what have you, it's just impossible to please everybody, at the end of the day.

But yeah, a more even-handed team approach, wherein ALL characters get a chance to shine & show what they're made of... is the way to go, what we want, we NEED... and DESERVE, after all these years. Then, and only then, may the true healing begin... of the still-open wounds, left behind by the atrocity that was The Last Stand.

DizMar isn't perfect either, as they already have some less desirables in their MCU catalog, too. There's pros & cons to everything, the key here is to just have more of the former, and a WHOLE lot less of the latter.
    I agree with all you said. even if the movies were perfect someone would fine something not to like. and I'm hopeful with dismarvel based upon the team movies I've seen but even if they don't perfectly execute the first revamped xmen I'm certain it will be better than what we got with fox.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    She became a part of the main cast in first class and it went from there to the land of coo coo- Ville by the time apocalypse rolled around.
    Your historical revision is disappointing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Why would black people want the most iconic black superheroine overshadowed by a (soon to be) more iconic superhero? That's kind of like Superman/Wonder Woman or Batman/Wonder Woman.
    Especially since the Storm/Black Panther marriage, or at least it's execution, was controversial (to say the least) even in the comics from what I remember.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Okay, quick history lesson. When the first X1 movie came out they e're not just banking on wolverines popularity. Sure that worked for comic fans, but at the time being a comic fan wasn't like it is now. So they went with what they knew would work.

They cast people that looked like those characters but also had names. The most prominent to feature on the posters were. Sir Patrick Stewart, who most knew as Picard from ST:TNG, sir Ian Mckellen, who had been a well known name, Hallie Berry, who was also well known, and Anna Paquin, who was the main selling point to teens and younger people who grew up with her.

Those 4 with Hugh, were the ones on the posters.

It was the same for XFC, Jennifer at that point was known for the hunger games. Poster used her, magneto, Brady and Xavier as the selling point to the film.

Honestly the easy way to play off the X-men would be three things.

1. Teaser spot with Scott, or Storm, or Jubes, or Bobby, watching something and then leaving but as they leave you see a bit of their power come out, or you see an X badge on them.

2. First movie focus on O5 and their past, or you start it with Jubes coming into the school.

3. Wolverine story set in ww2, and you have Cap and Bucky work with him.

There you go. You explain that the mutant population was something Peggy helped keep under wraps, and that she was friends with Charles and helped him set up the school. She knew his mom or something.

The Hunger Games released the next year after First Class. JLaw was Anya Taylor Joy level popular when she was cast as Raven. An up and coming actress who hadn't broken out yet.

But Mystique is a visually captivating character and she has always been a prominent part of the movie posters and marketing, even Rebecca Romjin's version from 2000 onwards. She was the character used most prominently by other stuff referencing the X-Men like Family Guy and Epic Movie much before JLaw was cast. The movies made her instantly recognisable. She's probably the second most recognised X-character after Wolverine when it comes to the general public.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Okay, quick history lesson. When the first X1 movie came out they e're not just banking on wolverines popularity. Sure that worked for comic fans, but at the time being a comic fan wasn't like it is now. So they went with what they knew would work.

They cast people that looked like those characters but also had names. The most prominent to feature on the posters were. Sir Patrick Stewart, who most knew as Picard from ST:TNG, sir Ian Mckellen, who had been a well known name, Hallie Berry, who was also well known, and Anna Paquin, who was the main selling point to teens and younger people who grew up with her.

Those 4 with Hugh, were the ones on the posters.
    In my recollection posters were also very fond of Naked Blue Girl.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    You explain that the mutant population was something Peggy helped keep under wraps, and that she was friends with Charles and helped him set up the school. She knew his mom or something.
    I've said something along the same lines with mutants being an unmentioned issue. Most feel that the approach is lazy and uninspired for some reason idk... at this point in the game within MCU, it's one of the best solutions to introducing mutants.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The Hunger Games released the next year after First Class. JLaw was Anya Taylor Joy level popular when she was cast as Raven. An up and coming actress who hadn't broken out yet.

But Mystique is a visually captivating character and she has always been a prominent part of the movie posters and marketing, even Rebecca Romjin's version from 2000 onwards. She was the character used most prominently by other stuff referencing the X-Men like Family Guy and Epic Movie much before JLaw was cast. The movies made her instantly recognisable. She's probably the second most recognised X-character after Wolverine when it comes to the general public.
    Also Hugh wasn't even their first choice. He was cast VERY late in the game because their original pick dropped out (which is why he looks so much slimmer in X1, he didn't have time to bulk up like he did later).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I've said something along the same lines with mutants being an unmentioned issue. Most feel that the approach is lazy and uninspired for some reason idk... at this point in the game within MCU, it's one of the best solutions to introducing mutants.
    An even better one is to just use the one from the 60's comics.
    Mutants is not a thriving population that people have been keeping a secret somehow since WWII.
    Mutants is something that only just now is starting to happen, with a very few rare exceptions like Wolverine.

I mean, it's not as if people in the MCU have not very recently started to muck around with Reality Stones all over the place, if you really need a reason.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Speaking of realities. There is a set photo of Avengers 4 with a blonde haired Tony Stark with a SHIELD uniform.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    No, the problem is the X-Men would never want to force mutants into hiding because it goes against their dream. And the recent films have already dealt with that.

BANNED

The reality is that the X-Men should be their own distinct line of comics with their own separate universe.

Logically, this extends to the movies well.

Why isn't Cap spending every waking minute thinking about bringing liberty to mutants? Because his book isn't about mutants and their plight shouldn't be in his world.

The rights separation was a nigh-unquestionable godsend.
    It was great while it lasted.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 01-13-2018 at 02:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    The reality is that the X-Men should be their own distinct line of comics with their own separate universe.

Logically, this extends to the movies well.

Why isn't Cap spending every waking minute thinking about bringing liberty to mutants? Because his book isn't about mutants and their plight shouldn't be in his world.

The rights separation was a nigh-unquestionable godsend.
    It was great while it lasted.
    I could not have said it better. Separate universe was always the best.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    I could not have said it better. Separate universe was always the best.
    No, separate universe isn't best. The fact Cap didn't do enough for mutant rights means he's a flawed hero with blindspots, and it opens up the story for self examination.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I mean it's just like real life. People are more concerned with trivial things like the hassle of cutting the grass or raking leaves... then tragedies in 3rd world countries.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.