Page 502 of 590 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    First Class was released before she became an A-list actress and DOFP was in delevopment before that too. The reason why she has a big role in the former is because the popularity of the character in the original trilogy and because they were pulling from Ultimate Xavier’s origin. The latter is due to the fact that the original DOFP had Mystique in a similar role, which people tend to forget about.
    was mystique really that popular in the original trilogy though? i don't think she was. And lawrence has been vocal about not wanting to do it anymore, and was pretty much a cardboard performance in apocalypse. the character ruins every movie. i hope they just stop with her

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    was mystique really that popular in the original trilogy though? i don't think she was. And lawrence has been vocal about not wanting to do it anymore, and was pretty much a cardboard performance in apocalypse. the character ruins every movie. i hope they just stop with her
    She was, it is rare to find anyone who likes Lawrence over Rebecca Romijn. Lawrence became very annoying around 2015. I think the world turned on her or just fell in love with Emma Stone and Emma Watson.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    was mystique really that popular in the original trilogy though?
    She was, mostly on account of being literally a naked supermodel.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    She was, mostly on account of being literally a naked supermodel.
    oh come on guys, her character design was a lot more sophisticated than a "naked supermodel". Her movements, her voice, her look, her score, her viciousness, her relationship with Magneto. Singer created an iconic and unique creature with Mystique.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    oh come on guys, her character design was a lot more sophisticated than a "naked supermodel". Her movements, her voice, her look, her score, her viciousness, her relationship with Magneto. Singer created an iconic and unique creature with Mystique.
    She could've worn an outfit...there was NO reason not to put some clothes on her and the scales & hair were unnecessary.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    She could've worn an outfit...there was NO reason not to put some clothes on her and the scales & hair were unnecessary.
    What is the problem about scales? It makes her even more otherworldly and dangerous. Maybe because in the comicbooks she does not have scales so she should not have scales in the movie? Her scales look better than if she would be simply painted blue. I love everything about this character design. I also don't mind her nudity. Singer made sure that she has a reason for it and you cannot objectify her because she is too self-determined and powerful and in control in every single scene she is in. Wonder Woman in Justice League is a lot more sexualized and she actually wears cloth. Mystique reclaims her alterity and body absolutely.

I really wished people would forget the comics for one second and appreciate how great her character development was in all six movies.

SMeFDfG.jpg
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-19-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Ewww. Just when I was starting to like you....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Romijn did it best. I hated the helmet hair, but love the design overall. The scales added an interesting visual when she used her power.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ewww. Just when I was starting to like you....
    Mystique movie fan no. 1. here. Days of Future Past is so brilliant that I don't care about First Class or Apocalypse.

https://itsstrawberryblonde.files.wo...2014/05/x2.gif

how can anybody not love these two! That's just the best scene in the history of cinema!

p.s. I can't do gif here. that's a shame.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-19-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Mystique movie fan no. 1. here. Days of Future Past is so brilliant that I don't care about First Class or Apocalypse.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    oh no! don't leave me. All the other people here in this forum are weird.

BANNED

What is the problem about scales?
    They're mostly there to prevent a very hard R rating.

It makes her even more otherworldly and dangerous.
    No they're not.

Singer made sure that she has a reason for it...
    He must have forgotten to put that reason in the movie then.

...and you cannot objectify her because she is too self-determined and powerful in every single scene she is in...
    That's... not how objectifying works. And how is she self-determined? Romijn's Mystique got no personality beyond undying loyalty to Magneto.

Wonder Woman in Justice League is a lot more sexualized and she actually wears cloth.

Mystique reclaims her alterity and body absolutely.
    Not until she started being played by Jennifer Lawrence and stopped being mostly eye candy.

I really wished people would forget the comics for one second and appreciate how great her character development was in all six movies.
    There is no development.
    She's the same stoic non-person in the first three movies. And she's pretty much a totally different character with a totally different look, personality, motivation... in the later movies.

Spectacular Member

you really haven't understood Days of Future Past, haven't you?

Let's just agree to disagree.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    What a coincidence. I was just coming to the realization that every single X-film has had nudity in it.

X1 = Naked Mystique
    X2= Naked Mystique & Wolverine
    X3 = Naked Mystique
    XOW = Naked Wolverine
    XFC = Naked Mystique
    TW = Naked Wolverine & random guy
    XDOFP = Naked Mystique & Wolverine
    Deadpool = Wade fighting naked
    XA = Naked Mystique
    Logan = Flashing topless woman
    Deadpool 2 = Wade flashing ass and genitals
    Dark Phoenix = Jean is apparently naked in Phoenix form
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-19-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I don't view Mystique form the first trilogy to Mystique in the second trilogy to be the same characters. I mean you can't as the backstory for First Class and DoFP with her relationship to Charles makes literally no sense when viewing the original trilogy. I would have expected so many snarky jabs in dialogue when referring to Charles in any of those movies, but they were utter strangers.

While I wished there was more characterization for RRS, I enjoyed her SOOO much more the JLaw as nothing about nuMystique made a lick of sense to me, especially as Mystique does not play such a prominent role in the X-Men anywhere else.