Page 586 of 590 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590 LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 8841

Many people need to accept it. Hollywood has used Actors to define men and women movie stars. MAN has been a word to describe the rest of mankind since forever

I don't want X-Women, I prefer X-Men.
    Last edited by Hall; 10-07-2018 at 10:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Must be true then what most Spiderman fans are saying. If another studio made the movie not Sony, it won't be trashed as much. A friend of mine saw the film due to all the negative curiosity, she actually said it was good too.Finally, good to see many people wake up to the agenda to tear down any other comic movie that thinks for itself.
    It's actually a pretty cookie cutter movie, but highly enjoyable, all jokes were spot on (there were jokes), Tom hardy does great, but I felt it was too short that pretty much proves that sony cut 40 mins of the movie. Also it's a crowd pleaser, critics must be insane for bashing it, but beyond that it's nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    It's actually a pretty cookie cutter movie, but highly enjoyable, all jokes were spot on (there were jokes), Tom hardy does great, but I felt it was too short that pretty much proves that sony cut 40 mins of the movie. Also it's a crowd pleaser, critics must be insane for bashing it, but beyond that it's nothing special
    Most critics will trash a film that they see as being nothing more than a crowd pleaser. A few will give it the standard critical response while still saying it was enjoyable, but they are rare. I think much of that is that after seeing so many films and knowing the little mistakes audiences gloss over the ability to be entertained by such fare has dried up in the majority of critics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Most critics will trash a film that they see as being nothing more than a crowd pleaser. A few will give it the standard critical response while still saying it was enjoyable, but they are rare. I think much of that is that after seeing so many films and knowing the little mistakes audiences gloss over the ability to be entertained by such fare has dried up in the majority of critics.
    I grew up on Cannon Films and they're Schlock and I love Schlock Venom was Schlock and critics unfortunately dislike Schlock unless spelled out as Schlock which defeats the point of good schlock.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And point out the hypocrisy and I'm sure they'll come up with some sort of "But but but...!" to handwave it away.

Nope I want an actual X-WOMEN film but DC and Marvel are stealing the thunder with Birds of Prey & A-FORCE
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I grew up on Cannon Films and they're Schlock and I love Schlock Venom was Schlock and critics unfortunately dislike Schlock unless spelled out as Schlock which defeats the point of good schlock.
    Correct. Little about this movie can be called "good". It was cheesy, eye roll material.

But it was entertaining.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Correct. Little about this movie can be called "good". It was cheesy, eye roll material.

But it was entertaining.
    It wasn't nearly as bad as suicide squad, bvs or justice league... I'd give venom a 7 out of 10, 8 because it's very fun to watch

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    It wasn't nearly as bad as suicide squad, bvs or justice league... I'd give venom a 7 out of 10, 8 because it's very fun to watch
    Hmmm 7 seems about right. I found it similar to JL. 6 or a 7.

(Those other two deserve a negative 12.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Hmmm 7 seems about right. I found it similar to JL. 6 or a 7.

(Those other two deserve a negative 12.)
    I found JL meaningless.JL deserves my negative 14.

JL was fun. Not great by any means but definitely not among the worst DCEU film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I found JL meaningless.JL deserves my negative 14.
    Venom is pretty meaningless too, but in a fun way. I found JL pretty fun. Not the "gouge my eyes out" of Spidey 3, S. Squad, or Wolverine Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    JL was fun. Not great by any means but definitely not among the worst DCEU film.
    That's a pretty low bar. I personally found the tone shifts really awkward, and you can tell where one director ended and the other began with an audible clunk.

The movie was doomed from the start with the re-edits and re-shoots. And it still doesn't work, because they want the tone of the Nolanverse but still haven't figured out it doesn't work for the JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    JL is an average movie, Venom is an average movie,Suicide Squad was an average movie, Transformer 2 and 3 are average movies. Critics seem to only be able to give high praise or bash a movie to pieces.

An average movie in a genre they don't like gets murdered I watch the YA movie "The darkest minds" which is a ridiculous average movie but it got killed reviews for being a YA movie

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    JL is an average movie, Venom is an average movie,Suicide Squad was an average movie, Transformer 2 and 3 are average movies. Critics seem to only be able to give high praise or bash a movie to pieces.

An average movie in a genre they don't like gets murdered I watch the YA movie "The darkest minds" which is a ridiculous average movie but it got killed reviews for being a YA movie
    I have no idea why Fox made that movie instead of X-23.