Page 446 of 590 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie valley View Post
    I didn't mean that but just from a concept point of view. A storm franchies is hard to put together. Her powers and everything is conflicting plus lack of an egdy personality won't do good. Big screen need more action peaked violence and that is what excites movie-goers. It's just concept wise. Example a character like Blade is awesome
    I know it's unpredictable and what not but I can't fancy Storm turning box office. fantasy just dosen't allow it. It would be nightmare to translate her on screen as comic also due to her powers being off limits. But again hard to predict but also difficult for any production team to have faith in it on before hand. It's like being on unknown waters and gamble
    Last edited by ComicJoe; 06-05-2018 at 12:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    X-23 can't lead an ongoing comic book.
    Ever heard of Guardians of the Galaxy? Also, of bloody course she can lead an ongoing comic book. She's done it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJoe View Post
    I find them mostly boring except for Underworld heroine and Laura whom I find quite closely similar tho Laura is more moody which I like.
    I would be more convinced if you actually knew her name.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    So why can’t X-23 become a franchise if those others could?
    Oh, she absolutely could, but Fox doesn't seem to be in a hurry to give it a go. It's a moot point.

I hope people come to the realization that the X-men has ended. Dark Phoenix is the last movie of this run until reboot happens and that can only happen realistically some time in the 2030s if people are up for it.

The X-men had a great run that nearly lasted 20-years. The production team needs change so do the audience. Fatigue is something real that shouldn't be underestimated.

What do we have left? couple of Spin-offs like Deadpool/X-force and not sure whether Gambit and multiple man will become something.

There is literally nobody left the X-men you knew they are all dead in the XCU timeline continuity. We have X-23 and couple of mutant kids alive aka Next Generation. Basically the XCU continues with them until reboot. Also Fox themselves have chosen to set her and these mutant kids up just like that. It was pre-planned for future adventures.

You can look at so many angles you will come to the same conclusion. X-23 is the center-point of XCU timeline continuity.

For once we have a worthy center-point that can take the X-men Cinematic universe to the next level
    Last edited by ComicJoe; 06-05-2018 at 12:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJoe View Post
    I hope people come to the realization that the X-men has ended. Dark Phoenix is the last movie of this run until reboot happens and that can only happen realistically some time in the 2030s if people are up for it.

The X-men had a great run that nearly lasted 20-years. The production team needs change so do the audience. Fatigue is something real that shouldn't be underestimated.

What do we have left? couple of Spin-offs like Deadpool/X-force and not sure whether Gambit and multiple man will become something.

There is literally nobody left the X-men you knew they are all dead in the XCU timeline continuity. We have X-23 and couple of mutant kids alive aka Next Generation. Basically the XCU continues with them until reboot. Also Fox themselves have chosen to set her and these mutant kids up just like that. It was pre-planned for future adventures.

You can look at so many angles you will come to the same conclusion. X-23 is the center-point of XCU timeline continuity.

For once we have a worthy center-point that can take the X-men Cinematic universe to the next level
    That's Your opinion.
    I think that X23 movie won't happen and even if deal will be cancelled and Fox would create her movie... They would earn less than 250 millions.

Her movie would destroy impact of Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    That's Your opinion.
    I think that X23 movie won't happen and even if deal will be cancelled and Fox would create her movie... They would earn less than 250 millions.

Her movie would destroy impact of Logan.
    Where are you getting your numbers from? There is alot of misconceptions here and I want to clear that up. Why do you think the MCU enjoyed more success then the XCU as of late? It's because XCU and MCU are from different eras?

The X-men have peaked 10-yrs ago and at that time the Office Box arena was different then lets say then 10 years later where a well produced marvel movie can hit 1-billion mark not all tho just these that are well promoted. Box office was way different when X-men peaked in early 2000s and these fans are old now mostly and left the comic book arena mostly. The MCU is newer and is just 10yrs old where as XCU is from way back in 2000. The truth is that XCU has overstayed it's welcome. If you don't have good story-lines to share it's extremely difficult to stay 20-yrs with same franchise.

MCU is now officially in their peak and after infinity war 2 they will automatically go down and interest will be lost slowly as time passes by. Franchies are mostly suited for 5-6 movies and can only go above that number if there is strong story to tell.

The X-men got old also as characters due to the run and also the fanbase arena changes from generation to generation that is every 10-yrs. It's even hard to compare XCU and MCU because they are from different generations and XCU have overstayed way more then it's welcome.

Hence why a complete change is needed with fresh youthful characters the next generation can grow up watching. X-23 and these kids come into the picture and they will be more at home from 2020s up to 2030s rather then X-men because that time it would be unbearable to continue that and extreme fatigue.

It will not destory any impact but keep it intact and continue. So newer generations can watch it. getting the teens involved because they form the fanbases but you can't keep old characters in there.

Fresh characters that are known to them, newer plot-lines, different settings, different goals and wars and just overall complete different world. I assume this will be sci-fi comic films and something completely new
    Last edited by ComicJoe; 06-05-2018 at 01:03 AM.

BANNED

ComicJoe :
    Where are you getting your numbers from?
    as i wrote:
    we have different opinions. I think that...
    There is alot of misconceptions here and I want to clear that up.
    ok
    Why do you think the MCU enjoyed more success then the XCU as of late? It's because XCU and MCU are from different eras?
    No
    MCU looks better and have better characters.
    The X-men have peaked 10-yrs ago and at that time the Office Box arena was different then lets say then 10 years later where a well produced marvel movie can hit 1-billion mark not all tho just these that are well promoted
    10 years ago they were worse than Spider Man movies
    but yes. xcu peaked before mcu because they have less competition.
    Box office was way different when X-men peaked in early 2000s and these fans are old now mostly and left the comic book arena mostly.
    again... spider man
    The truth is that XCU has overstayed it's welcome.
    That's your opinion
    That's misconception
    If you don't have good story-lines to share it's extremely difficult to stay 20-yrs with same franchise.
    true
    that's why x-men need different directors, writers and producers
    they don't need new characters like x23(for franchise? 5-6 movies with her alone? it won't work at all)
    MCU is now officially in their peak and after infinity war 2 they will automatically go down and interest will be lost slowly as time passes by. Franchies are mostly suited for 5-6 movies and can only go above that number if there is strong story to tell.
    probably
    but You can be wrong
    mcu is a little different because this is first movie universe
    we don't know how they work
    The X-men got old also as characters due to the run and also the fanbase arena changes from generation to generation that is every 10-yrs. It's even hard to compare XCU and MCU because they are from different generations and XCU have overstayed way more then it's welcome.
    yeah
    similarly to x23
    Hence why a complete change is needed with fresh youthful characters the next generation can grow up watching. X-23 and these kids come into the picture and they will be more at home from 2020s up to 2030s rather then X-men because that time it would be unbearable to continue that and extreme fatigue.
    I understand Your opinion.
    I don't think that she alone with few other unknown x-men can create succesful franchise

It will not destory any impact but keep it intact and continue. So newer generations can watch it. getting the teens involved because they form the fanbases but you can't keep old characters in there.
    marvel comics can

and to be honest... majority of x-men didn't had even a single story about them
    general audience don't know them.

I don't think that many people would be interested in wolverine movie without wolverine.

Fresh characters that are known to them, newer plot-lines, different settings, different goals and wars and just overall complete different world. I assume this will be sci-fi comic films and something completely new
    I agree but I think that it would be better to use x-men instead of x23
    most of x-men were used as wallpapers or worse.

so...
    I think that xcu overstayed their welcome because their writers didn't had interesting stories to tell
    It doesn't mean that other writers would have the same problem
    Last edited by Xelossik; 06-05-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Jokerz79 already responded this, comic book sucess doesn't necessarily translated to the big screen, it all comes down to execution, by the time that Daredevil hit the big screen it has Frank Miller as a base, still sucked.
    I think a Storm movie would likely share the same fate as Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    How the does that comparison even work? Solo is a prequel/spin-offf story of a cool supporting character without the actor that made him famous, set years before the current time period, telling origin stories of stuff nobody asked for. Storm solo movie would be none of these things. It would not have any expectations, so the talks of disappointments would be moot.

BANNED

I think that Wolverine movie(without Hugh Jackman and released within next 3 years) would likely share the same fate as Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Would you think characters like Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant-Man would ever be successful franchises once? None of us know how the public will react. I think both could be successful but I'm not going to pretend I know which would be more successful.
    Exactly, until a few weeks ago I never thought I would hear the words flop and Star Wars used in the sentence but here we are, at this point anything can happen.

BANNED

Depends. Will they get Ron Howard to direct it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    Exactly, until a few weeks ago I never thought I would hear the words flop and Star Wars used in the sentence but here we are, at this point anything can happen.
    Yeah I'm not saying either would fail just we can't judge who would do better. The only one I think would be less successful than a X-23 film is a Wolverine reboot simply because Logan felt like a passing of the torch with HJ's blessing and a reboot would come off as just replacing HJ and I just feel the public would be more receptive to X-23/Laura over a new Logan right now given how beloved HJ was in the role.

Han Solo is 50% percent a great character and 50% great because of Harrison Ford and no one wanted a Han Solo without Harrison Ford a Old Man Solo film would had done better IMO than Little Han did and there were other stories and characters fans wanted explored before Young Solo. Also there were a ton of other factors production was a train wreck, opening around Infinity War and Deadpool 2, opening with a big soccer/Football event which affected International numbers, memorial day weekend, and fan backlash from TLJ still going strong since it was only 6 months since that film. Solo was a perfect storm of how to sink something thought to be a sure thing.

While Storm has never been defined by an actress as of yet and has a ton of backstory untouched on film and could be explored her parents death, a thief in Egypt under Shadow King's control and becoming a "Goddess" saving her tribe heck if in the MCU you could throw in Black Panther Storm could be a massive hit IMO.