Page 102 of 590 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 8841
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    So true.

Even New Mutants is having to suffer from this same situation.
    X-FORCE won't have this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You missed the point that second trilogy is still more about Mystique and Mystique even when the only movie with good box office was advertised as:

so less M&M(as good guys) = better box office

Less M&M or just more Wolverine?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Less M&M or just more Wolverine?
    The only X-man with character in Fox movies? who wasn't dumbed down to storm trooper level?
    yes he definiately helps

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jennifer as Mystique in First Class and DOFP was wonderful. However, she generally looked bored and like she didn't want to be there in Apocalypse. I don't think she was as bad as some people make her out to be in the XMA, but you can tell she wanted to move on. I'm hoping that her past couple of fumbles at the box office have made her more humble. With her coming back I hope that she'll be able to bring what she brought in the first two films to Dark Phoenix.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Well, that link a couple pages back, was a Vanity Fair interview with Bryan Singer. In it, he literally said that Fox wants mystique to be the face of the franchise going forward and that apocalypse was re-written to make her part bigger/better. And that was at the expense of very popular character Wolverine. It's pretty logical to assume she's going to have big part in that his movie (since fox wants her as 'the face') and that other characters, will likely 'suffer' as a result. I mean if even mega popular Wolverine got his part cut down for her, what chance do less popular characters have of escaping that fate?
    I just read the article and Singer himself doesn't that but rather the the writer of the article putting words in his mouth. And if he did, than the article didn't quote him.

There are other odd narrative moments from Apocalypse—specifically, one in the final act involving Quicksilver and Magneto—that could be explained away by Kinberg and Singer wanting to keep the focus on Mystique.
    The writer also doesn't seem to know that Quicksilver also rejected his father in the comics.

But even without speculation, it’s clear that X-Men: Apocalypse is a movie that’s meant to highlight Lawrence as the potential, new leader of the franchise. Whether that’s something she wants remains to be seen.
    lol based on interviews it seems Mystique is going to be a villian again somewhere down the line.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-17-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Jennifer as Mystique in First Class and DOFP was wonderful. However, she generally looked bored and like she didn't want to be there in Apocalypse. I don't think she was as bad as some people make her out to be in the XMA, but you can tell she wanted to move on. I'm hoping that her past couple of fumbles at the box office have made her more humble. With her coming back I hope that she'll be able to bring what she brought in the first two films to Dark Phoenix.
    Yes, I had read something online very similar to what you state-- she was bored in XMA.

Perhaps she will deliver in the upcoming film.

Is Quicksilver slated to be in DP? I have seen articles including him and others not mentioning him. Despite what the comics do, they could have Peter and Erik working side by side on-screen.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think at this stage it's become painfully clear that Fox really has no clue on what to do with this franchise. Mind you, I'm not necessarily talking about quality, just pointing out the general lack of direction.

For the main X-Men line, they have found a formula that more or less works box-office-wise, which is the Shuler-Donner/Singer/Kinberg vision of the franchise, with a steady focus on the same small group of characters/actors and little to no development for the rest. Just see how quickly they did away with Matthew Vaughn after the quirky First Class, to get back to what they were comfortable with. While one can't really argue with the financial success of this approach, I think it shows the studio is loathe of trying anything too different, lest they drive this franchise into the ground like they did with the rest of their Marvel properties. Because let's never forget they let the Daredevil rights revert back to Marvel because, in the era of superhero movies, they had NO CLUE what to do with it, and of course they also crashed and burned with the Fantastic Four.

Logan and Deadpool are two immensely successful movies which were entirety driven by the creative vision of their directors and stars. Which is a great thing obviously, but it's a studio's responsibility to keep their franchises healthy, encourage vision, create spin-offs. But Fox has shown time and again that they don't really plan beyond the following year. Even they don't know whether they want to create an "X-Men Cinematic Universe" or just a series of movies vaguely set in the same world. But given that they can't keep their continuity straight even from one movie to the other in the same series (hello Mystique posing as Stryker at the end of DoFP!), they're probably better off not trying anything too ambitious.

Again, this isn't a "the X-Men movies are all bad!" post. There have been and can still be very good films. But it's clear that the studio who owns the rights is not really behind the franchise and doesn't have a clear plan on what they want to do with it. They'll basically just keep milking the cow until it's run out of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Just see how quickly they did away with Matthew Vaughn after the quirky First Class, to get back to what they were comfortable with.
    They didn't dump Vaughn. He wanted to focus on Kingsman and so he left.

But Fox has shown time and again that they don't really plan beyond the following year. Even they don't know whether they want to create an "X-Men Cinematic Universe" or just a series of movies vaguely set in the same world. But given that they can't keep their continuity straight even from one movie to the other in the same series (hello Mystique posing as Stryker at the end of DoFP!), they're probably better off not trying anything too ambitious.
    Based on interviews going all the way back to 2014, they always intended for Wolverine to get his adamantium. They just had Mystique posing Stryker to show that she was going around saving Mutants like she did earlier in the film. Wolverine still went into the military and volunteered for the Weapon X between the 10 year gap as shown in Logan.

BANNED

psylurker :
    While one can't really argue with the financial success of this approach,
    after Deadpool?
    after Gotg?
    after Batman Dark Knight?
    after Avengers?
    after BvS?
    after suicide squad?
    after Logan?

that strategy is weak financially

psylurker :

after Deadpool?
    after Gotg?
    after Avengers?
    after BvS?
    after suicide squad?
    after Logan?

The original trilogy sold more tickets or around the same as some of those films.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-17-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    They didn't dump Vaughn. He wanted to focus on Kingsman and so he left.
    Yeah, no one got rid of Vaughn. He chose to step down from directing the next X-film.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I had read something online very similar to what you state-- she was bored in XMA.

Perhaps she will deliver in the upcoming film.

Is Quicksilver slated to be in DP? I have seen articles including him and others not mentioning him. Despite what the comics do, they could have Peter and Erik working side by side on-screen.
    Evan Peters will be filming the upcoming season of American Horror Story, I believe around the same time as Dark Phoenix is shooting. So odds are that he either has a small part or isn't in it all.

Quicksilver vs Gladiator would be epic.

psylurker :

after Deadpool?
    after Gotg?
    after Avengers?
    after BvS?
    after suicide squad?
    after Logan?

The last film pulled in half a billion.

That is not financially weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post

Yeah there's never been a Fox X-Related film that was a financial failure even the two I dislike X-Men Origins Wolverine & X-Men Last Stand were profitable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    The original trilogy sold more tickets or around the same as some of those films.
    original trilogy shouldn't be used as example because it didn't had competition.

Franchise408 :

Compared to other super hero movies?
    compared to DOFP?
    compared to Deadpool?
    compared to Logan?
    weak