Page 144 of 590 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 8841

Here's the reason some X-Men fans have issues with the X-Men in these films outside of Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and Wolverine I could sum up everything I know about each character from the films in one sentence about them. Some I could do in a few words and for a series that was always an ensemble in comics and animation that is frustrating as hell especially given it's been 17 years since the first film.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    So I guess you're just gonna speak for me now and my preferences as a fan?

I think those things about X-Men, and I think the movies are excellent.

Considering that these movies are about characters like Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Jean Grey, Rogue, Iceman, Storm, all characters who are X-Men characters, then yes, these movies are about X-Men.
    Your missing the point of what they are saying. These movies are supposed to be about Xavier,Jean,Storm,Nightcrawler,Cyclops all whom are XMen but they arent they rather focus on Magneto and Mystique with the other characters getting little to no development and being background characters when they should be at the forefront for a movie about them. Thats the issue not everyone in the cast gets proper development besides Mags,Raven,Xavier and Wolverine which is what Im hoping they change with Dark Phoenix, show us those bonds and friendships among the new team so when Phoenix goes dark we feel the impact. We dont need XMen not playing a pivotal part in a movie about them.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    When you're a Storm fan, these movies aren't very likable.
    I'm someone who is both a fan of the films and of Storm, but I totally understand this. I actually don't think she's had a such a small role that some people make it seem, but they could do SO much more with it. In X1 it was pretty meh, but she has some nice moments. She's got some great scenes in X2 and her leadership was starting to show in X3. I really enjoyed her scenes in DOFP, but of course wish we saw more. She was completely wasted in Apocalypse.

I really hope that this changes with DP and that the dynamic between her, Jean, and Scott is explored a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by MattSimasArt View Post
    I'm someone who is both a fan of the films and of Storm, but I totally understand this. I actually don't think she's had a such a small role that some people make it seem, but they could do SO much more with it. In X1 it was pretty meh, but she has some nice moments. She's got some great scenes in X2 and her leadership was starting to show in X3. I really enjoyed her scenes in DOFP, but of course wish we saw more. She was completely wasted in Apocalypse.

I really hope that this changes with DP and that the dynamic between her, Jean, and Scott is explored a bit more.
    More screen time does not equate to fleshing out a character in this case. X3 she did get alot of time onscreen. What do we know about the character except that humans make her angry, wheres the backstory where is the exploration into this other characters and really giving them a voice. Yes she has had some good power moments as well but that's not all its about, but most of the scenes giving us some insight into who Storm was were deleted in both X3 and Apocalypse the latter being a complete waste I mean they were on her stomping grounds and did nothing with it she became mute after joining the team only to make more room for Magneto. The other horsemen were wasted, thats the issue a few cool power scenes and their face onscreen isnt enough, the same insight they give us for Mags and Raven and in the past Wolverine they need to extend out to the others as well.

BANNED

GOT IT!! Win-win for EVERYbody! Split off Mags, QS, & Katnystique -- if she's still around -- into their own Brotherhood/Genosha/Acolytes/House of M franchise, freeing up the main X-movies once again, exclusively for the likes of Cyke, Storm, Jean, 'Crawler, Xavier, Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Kitty, Jubilee, etc. ... vs. Sinister, or somethin'... dark & twisted, like that. Would like an Ororo focused story too, maybe in Cairo & against the External Candra, like in that Unlimited issue with her, Jean, & Remy. I used to have a tee with this image from it:

... on it, in B&W. It was really cool! Well, 'cept for Gambit's smokin', anyway.
    He's such a bad, bad boy... and should be punished.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-08-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    More screen time does not equate to fleshing out a character in this case. X3 she did get alot of time onscreen. What do we know about the character except that humans make her angry, wheres the backstory where is the exploration into this other characters and really giving them a voice. Yes she has had some good power moments as well but that's not all its about, but most of the scenes giving us some insight into who Storm was were deleted in both X3 and Apocalypse the latter being a complete waste I mean they were on her stomping grounds and did nothing with it she became mute after joining the team only to make more room for Magneto. The other horsemen were wasted, thats the issue a few cool power scenes and their face onscreen isnt enough, the same insight they give us for Mags and Raven and in the past Wolverine they need to extend out to the others as well.
    She actually didn't get a lot of screentime in X3. It was like 11 minutes, iirc.

I want to see Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, and Quicksilver going on simple missions. They could just be hanging out and I would watch it. I don't need iconic storylines like Dark Phoenix or massive characters like Apocalypse. But I think the studio thinks general audiences need a "hook" to get them to go and international audiences at the box office enjoy big action set pieces.
    Last edited by sage; 07-08-2017 at 09:17 PM. Reason: removed rumor that was about New Mutants, not DP

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    I want to see Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, and Quicksilver going on simple missions. They could just be hanging out and I would watch it. I don't need iconic storylines like Dark Phoenix or massive characters like Apocalypse. But I think the studio thinks general audiences need a "hook" to get them to go and international audiences at the box office enjoy big action set pieces.
    Apocalypse isn't really a massive character. It's just that he was tied to one of the biggest Marvel events ever, Age of Apocalypse, and that is all he is known for. He's vastly weaker than Magneto(Age of Apocalypse proved that) and he's more like the Summers Family's Sabretooth than the X-Men's big bad.

It has little to do with the studio. According to Singer he was interested in his alien connections, probably to allude to the Shi'ar. So he had him replace Shadow King as Xavier's motive to form the X-Men. And Kinberg wants to redeem himself for being involved in X3, that's why we are getting this film.

The hook the studio shoehorned in was the Katniss subplot and Hunger Games inspired flight suits.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-08-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    She actually didn't get a lot of screentime in X3. It was like 11 minutes, iirc.
    Lol idk about 11 minutes, that seems a bit short. I remember reading that in X3 she got alot more screentime. Either or I just want them to flesh out the main team, like please give us some proper characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    GOT IT!! Win-win for EVERYbody! Split off Mags, QS, & Katnystique -- if she's still around -- into their own Brotherhood/Genosha/Acolytes/House of M franchise, freeing up the main X-movies once again, exclusively for the likes of Cyke, Storm, Jean, 'Crawler, Xavier, Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Kitty, Jubilee, etc. ... vs. Sinister, or somethin'... dark & twisted, like that. Would like an Ororo focused story too, maybe in Cairo & against the External Candra, like in that Unlimited issue with her, Jean, & Remy. I used to have a tee with this image from it:

... on it, in B&W. It was really cool! Well, 'cept for Gambit's smokin', anyway.
    He's such a bad, bad boy... and should be punished.
    I always loved this issue of Ororo, Jean, and Remy and how street-savvy Ororo and Remy were compared to Jean.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Apocalypse isn't really a massive character.
    If they weren't going to treat his character with respect then don't introduce him. And definitely don't name the movie after him. Apocalypse is extremely popular regardless what you try to spin it as. And it completely backfired on them trying to just do whatever they wanted with his look and storyline.

Movie Apocalypse was fine. Most people on this very board used to call him an overrated caricature of a villain lol.

The PF was a Deux ex machina cheat to get rid of him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Movie Apocalypse was fine. Most people on this very board used to call him an overrated caricature of a villain lol.

The PF was a Deux ex machina cheat to get rid of him though.
    Given his power levels at that point in the movie, who else other than the Phoenix could've taken him down? Plus, that did happen in the comics. There is a precedent for Apocalypse falling to the Phoenix Force. So it's not like the movie did something completely out of left field.

With this movie, the Phoenix Force can't just be "fixed" that easily. It also can't just be some overpowered madness, like it was in X3. Based on the recent casting, I think Fox is going to try and capture some of the sci-fi elements of the Phoenix Force. That's actually pretty promising because those elements are critical to the overall mythos of the Phoenix. It's a cosmic force, not some mental illness in Jean's mind. If the movie is going to capture that, it needs to encompass as many of these elements as Sophie Turner and the production budget can manage.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    If they weren't going to treat his character with respect then don't introduce him. And definitely don't name the movie after him. Apocalypse is extremely popular regardless what you try to spin it as. And it completely backfired on them trying to just do whatever they wanted with his look and storyline.
    If he was extremely popular then Marvel wouldn't put him in limbo for a decade after Blood of Apocalypse and got rid of the classic version. Extremely villains are characters like Magneto, Doctor Doom, Galactus, and Thanos.

And his storyline in the film was exactly what you expect from Apocalypse tone wise.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-09-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

If he was extremely popular then Marvel wouldn't be in limbo for a decade after Blood of Apocalypse and got rid of the classic version.
    You're blaming Apocalypse for Marvel's financial troubles? Lol

And his storyline in the film was exactly what you expect from Apocalypse tone wise.
    Ah yes giving people hair makeovers and watching tv