Page 145 of 590 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 8841
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    You're blaming Apocalypse for Marvel's financial troubles? Lol
    No, I mean the character was put in limbo before they basically turned him into a kid.

Ah yes giving people hair makeovers and watching tv
    Yeah, that did kinda happen in the original Horsemen storyline. He turned Warren blue.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Yeah, that did kinda happen in the original Horsemen storyline. He turned Warren blue.
    It's ridiculous there's no way Patrick Stewart and Halle Berry hair got the way it was because of frickin Apocalypse

BANNED

If he was extremely popular then Marvel wouldn't put him in limbo for a decade after Blood of Apocalypse and got rid of the classic version. Extremely villains are characters like Magneto, Doctor Doom, Galactus, and Thanos.

And his storyline in the film was exactly what you expect from Apocalypse tone wise.
    Apocalypse was extremely popular 80s and 90s, even early 2000s. What happened is for awhile Marvel decided to make mutants endangered, and all mutant villains disappeared or more or less became allies of the X-Men. That endangered era is finally over, and so we'll see what mutant villains return aside from Mesmero and the Shadow King.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Apocalypse was extremely popular 80s and 90s, even early 2000s. What happened is for awhile Marvel decided to make mutants endangered, and all mutant villains disappeared or more or less became allies of the X-Men. That endangered era is finally over, and so we'll see what mutant villains return aside from Mesmero and the Shadow King.
    That's not really case. They didn't completely get rid of Apocalypse but got rid of En Sabah Nur. They retconned his backstory to where he was a pawn of the Celestials and was one of several people to hold the title of "Apocalypse". So they could replace with characters like the Apocalypse twins.

Marvel sees him as a cool concept but a stale character.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-09-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Please. X-Men TAS used Apocalypse as the series big bad, and it was epic(I like TAS Poccy and TAS Beast are even better than their 616 comic forms). There were several stories featuring him, and best of all, there was no deus ex machina finisher, he ALWAYS CAME BACK! He always had a contingency plan.

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me, and be BROKEN!"
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Please. X-Men TAS used Apocalypse as the series big bad, and it was epic(I like TAS Poccy and TAS Beast are even better than their 616 comic forms). There were several stories featuring him, and best of all, there was no deus ex machina finisher, he ALWAYS CAME BACK! He always had a contingency plan.

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me, and be BROKEN!"
    He wasn't THE series big bad but a recurring major villian. The series didn't revolve around any villian for that matter. And there were some things about that version that didn't make sense to me. Like why did he need Mystique in Season 1 to act out his plans if he could shape-shift himself in Season 2? I wonder that even as a kid.

Apocalypse was the series villian of X-Men: Evolution though. Build him up for three seasons and had him as final villian for the last two seasons. Now that's a big bad. Best villian of the character, imo.

As for the film version getting killed, that also happened in the original Xavier story.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-09-2017 at 04:59 PM.

He wasn't THE series big bad but a recurring major villian. The series didn't revolve around any villian for that matter. And there were some things about that version that didn't make sense to me. Like why did he need Mystique in Season 1 to act out his plans if he could shape-shift himself in Season 2? I wonder that even as a kid.

Apocalypse was the series villian of X-Men: Evolution though. Build him up for three seasons and had him as final villian for the last two seasons. Now that's a big bad. Best villian of the character, imo.

As for the film version getting killed, that also happened in the original Xavier story.
    There was a four part story called Beyond Good and Evil, which was meant to be the series finale(and you can sense that even in its final version, with so many characters coming back into play, and even a few new ones introduced/cameo), and Apocalypse coerced many of the other X-villains to work for him collecting all the best psis in universe and all that. The show got picked up for another season afterwards, but they even followed through with one more episode showing his Mayan pyramid. So, he was in a manner of speaking, the big bad for the show(as was intended). Even when he is first introduced, Xavier says he is his worst nightmare: not someone like Magneto who can be reasoned with, but a powerful mutant driven mad with power. And yes, Evolution used him as their series finale, which were the best episodes of the entire show(though definitely not the best version of the character or the Horsemen).

If you are referring to Shadow King vs. Xavier, obviously SK survives that psi battle in Cairo, and comes back to torment Charles and his students time and time again.

Amazing Member

Oh my god, Scarlet Witch. Genosha as a floating island in space... ruled by Magneto and Mystique(as lovers), with Pietro and Wanda.

Please be true. Please don't suck.

^This does not sound believable at all.

Does anybody find it weird that any news/rumour we get is usually about Magneto and others related to him, rarely about Jean and never about Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno M. View Post
    Oh my god, Scarlet Witch. Genosha as a floating island in space... ruled by Magneto and Mystique(as lovers), with Pietro and Wanda.

Please be true. Please don't suck.
    I like it except for the Magneto and Mystique as lovers part. Sadly that part is what makes me think this might be true. I wonder if they'll actually introduce the Scarlet Witch though.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There was a four part story called Beyond Good and Evil, which was meant to be the series finale(and you can sense that even in its final version, with so many characters coming back into play, and even a few new ones introduced/cameo), and Apocalypse coerced many of the other X-villains to work for him collecting all the best psis in universe and all that. The show got picked up for another season afterwards, but they even followed through with one more episode showing his Mayan pyramid. So, he was in a manner of speaking, the big bad for the show(as was intended). Even when he is first introduced, Xavier says he is his worst nightmare: not someone like Magneto who can be reasoned with, but a powerful mutant driven mad with power. And yes, Evolution used him as their series finale, which were the best episodes of the entire show(though definitely not the best version of the character or the Horsemen).

If you are referring to Shadow King vs. Xavier, obviously SK survives that psi battle in Cairo, and comes back to torment Charles and his students time and time again.
    Hmm, I didn't know about that. I would still say that Evolution Apocalypse and horsemen were better. He was more consistent in terms of powers more than TAS Apoc, a superior design, and he just ran through literally everyone in that universe with ease(X-Men, Brotherhood, Acolytes, SHIELD). The TAS Apocalypse struggled against Magneto while evo Apoc made him his bitch. And the evo horsemen were also far greater threats than the TSA version too. Like Apocalypse they were whooping everybody's ass too while TSA went out like chumps. The whole fake deaths of the horsemen were a nice throwback to the original horsemen storyline where Angel was thought to have died in a plane explosion.

Yes, I'm talking about that. From what I heard on another forum apparently Singer said on some Empire podcast that Apocalypse was only physically killed. Which would mirror Shadow King, if true.

Dark Phoenix.

Focus, people, focus!!!

If the rumor is true about them merging Genosha with Astroid M, I'm guessing we'll that will be a replacement for the blue area of the moon since they lack the rights.

You know, after watching Spider-Man Homecoming, and what happened with Michelle (Zendaya's character); i dont think that the MCU would have a better version of this than FOX how long Joe Quesada still works at DisMarvel.