Page 146 of 590 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 8841
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    ^This does not sound believable at all.

Does anybody find it weird that any news/rumour we get is usually about Magneto and others related to him, rarely about Jean and never about Scott?
    Nope.
    It is only a matter of time before Magneto will be possessed by Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Nope.
    It is only a matter of time before Magneto will be possessed by Phoenix.
    Something that already has happened a couple of times in the "What if"-style comics.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    You know, after watching Spider-Man Homecoming, and what happened with Michelle (Zendaya's character); i dont think that the MCU would have a better version of this than FOX how long Joe Quesada still works at DisMarvel.
    Well, we know now through that movie that Marvel studios wouldn't make a Phoenix movie since Fox already did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Well, we know now through that movie that Marvel studios wouldn't make a Phoenix movie since Fox already did that.
    Twice now.

spoilers:
    I wonder how many people would like to see June Green (i.e. Emma Frost as a brunette) as a member of the X-men.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Not really.
    We only know that Marvel probably won't create Dark Phoenix movie 5 years after previous version.
    and that's logical. It is better than watching the same scene again and again.

dragonmp93
    Something that already has happened a couple of times in the "What if"-style comics.
    thanks captain obvious.

You know, after watching Spider-Man Homecoming, and what happened with Michelle (Zendaya's character); i dont think that the MCU would have a better version of this than FOX how long Joe Quesada still works at DisMarvel.
    Except that Michelle is a good character. She's entertaining, she's a character I'd want to see more of. And the film makers don't even consider her Mary Jane. They said it was just a nod. I admit it wasn't a particularly clever one, but that's how I see it, too.

What Fox does is, take an awesome character from comics, strip them off of their awesomeness, and shaft them in favour of their precious few. Fox doesn't change characters, they just strip them off.

I don't hate Fox's Cyclops because he's not accurate to the comics(neither was Evolution, but I love him), I hate him because he's barely a character in the first trilogy, and just plain bad one in Apocalypse.

Not really.
    We only know that Marvel probably won't create Dark Phoenix movie 5 years after previous version.
    and that's logical. It is better than watching the same scene again and again.
    Well, even if they make a Phoenix movie; there is still this problem:

spoilers:
    I wonder how many people would like to see June Green (i.e. Emma Frost as a brunette) as a member of the X-men.
    end of spoilers
    dragonmp93

thanks captain obvious.
    Just saying, after all, if this happens, then this board is going to complain about FOX making stuff up

I didn't mind the Michelle development, but folks be trippin' if they think DisMar will dump the Avengers and start pushing the X-Men as their premier team even in the non-existent scenario of them fully getting the rights back.

Except that Michelle is a good character. She's entertaining, she's a character I'd want to see more of. And the film makers don't even consider her Mary Jane. They said it was just a nod. I admit it wasn't a particularly clever one, but that's how I see it, too.

What Fox does is, take an awesome character from comics, strip them off of their awesomeness, and shaft them in favour of their precious few. Fox doesn't change characters, they just strip them off.

I don't hate Fox's Cyclops because he's not accurate to the comics(neither was Evolution, but I love him), I hate him because he's barely a character in the first trilogy, and just plain bad one in Apocalypse.
    For the record, i did liked Michelle as Michelle.

But my point is that possibly the rest of the X-men may be probably treated better in the MCU; but i really doubt that either Jean or Scott would.

I hope you are as understanding if their hypothetical Cyclops is "Sean Samuel"

Having said that, I think they consider Michelle as Mary Jane (where is this quote where they say they don't consider her as Mary Jane?) As I said on the Spider-Board before, this isn't even the first time we've had an "MJ" who wasn't named Mary Jane Watson (see Spider-Man: India's Meera Jain, Spider-Ham's MJ Waterbuffalo).

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I hope you are as understanding if their hypothetical Cyclops is "Sean Samuel"

Having said that, I think they consider Michelle as Mary Jane (where is this quote where they say they don't consider her as Mary Jane?) As I said on the Spider-Board before, this isn't even the first time we've had an "MJ" who wasn't named Mary Jane Watson (see Spider-Man: India's Meera Jain, Spider-Ham's MJ Waterbuffalo).
    If he's as good character as Michelle, and important, and isn't getting shafted in favour of others, then I'm fine with it.

If he's as good character as Michelle, and important, and isn't getting shafted in favour of others, then I'm fine with it.
    Ok that's nice to hear

One of Parker's classmates, "very smart, very intellectual, [and] always in her books." Michelle was not intended to be a love interest for Parker, with Zendaya calling her "very dry, awkward, intellectual and because she's so smart, she just feels like she doesn't need to talk to people". Zendaya added that it was "refreshing" that Michelle was weird and different, feeling that "a lot of young people—especially young women—can relate to that". Watts likened the character to Ally Sheedy's Allison Reynolds from The Breakfast Club or Linda Cardellini's Lindsay Weir from Freaks and Geeks. On giving the character the initials "MJ", Feige said "she's not Mary Jane Watson ... but giving her the initials that remind you of that dynamic certainly is intriguing about what could go forward." Feige added that Michelle is "not obsessed with" Parker like Watson is at times in the comics, "she's just observant."

Marvel Studios boss and Homecoming producer Kevin Feige recently told IGN’s Jim Vejvoda the following:

We never even looked at it as a big reveal necessarily but more of just a fun homage to his past adventures and his past love. She's not Mary-Jane Watson. She never was Mary-Jane Watson. She was always this new high school character, Michelle, who we know there's an ‘M’ in Michelle and an ‘M’ in Mary. [laughs] So we're so clever and we thought, ‘Wouldn't it be neat if her initials were MJ?’
    http://in.ign.com/spider-man-marvel/...-wtf-questions

BANNED

For the record, i did liked Michelle as Michelle.

But my point is that possibly the rest of the X-men may be probably treated better in the MCU; but i really doubt that either Jean or Scott would.
    Could it get worse for Scott?

Like really

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Could it get worse for Scott?

Like really
    Yes. He could be Janet Van Dyne'd and not be a X-Man at all. Apparently, like Scott she was considered the greatest leader of her team.