Page 15 of 590 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I'm very excited and yet cautiously concerned about this movie. I absolutely want a Dark Phoenix movie but I really want a GOOD one. And honestly, I wish they would take the time to build up Jean and Scott more, do a Phoenix movie and then a Dark Phoenix movie a year or two later. Not to say that they can't do a good story in one movie, just wish we could have that build up. And then let that be the end of the X-Men series (or Deadpool 3 which ever is last.)
    I'm with you brother! I hate to be that fan who hates everything but... The success of a Dark Phoenix movie hinges on the audience caring about Scott Summers and Jean Grey. Fox has never given us a reason to care about either.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

They are not going to kill Jean if that is what you are thinking. This is obviously going to be a loose adaptation.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-25-2017 at 04:43 AM.

All-New Member

My advice to Fox studios for whatever it is worth. Dark phoenix is the x-men equivalent of Avengers Infinity War , it is a defining moment, the defining moment in xmen history.You can NOT cram everything that needs to be said into even a three hour movie. It simply can not be done.

Go with a trilogy, xmen are yet to fight their traditional enemies the sentinels, use them in the next movie . I strongly suggest that they change titles and shift dates to early 2019 to accommodate the new story line if they must, they won't regret it. Use Genosha and the sentinels for the 1st movie, with avengers style action scenes and focus being on the team but more emphasis on cyclops and jean . Have Jean needing her powers for I don't know i.e flying into space to destroy the satellites controlling the sentinels and re-entry awakening the dark phoenix for the first time.

The 2nd movie can focus on the Hellfire club with Selene and Mastermind as the main antagonists ,also if they can bring back January Jones in her role as the white queen , the argument she doesn't age in diamond form can be used to explain her youthfulness. In this movie whatever chains still binding the phoenix are removed and she goes fully dark here.

In the 3rd movie, Fox is welcome to go the Star Wars route , Intergalactic empires, combat with the Imperial guard and the purging of the phoenix from jean with the m'krann crystal. Each movie will build anticipation for the next and they can take their time with introducing new characters as needed. This way Fox revitalizes the main x-men movie brand in a big way while working with what they have right now and with the path also open for new teams or groups to emerge. Marvel invested their top talent writing stories for the x-men comics line during the 80s and 90s .Pick a story and run with it but leave the dark phoenix for now and hopefully for a good long time.
    Last edited by lade5; 04-25-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Now that sounds like a plan, lade5!

I only wish the studio would do it this way because anything else will be skipping important things which would need to be in the movie to make it great.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lade5 View Post
    My advice to Fox studios for whatever it is worth. Dark phoenix is the xmen equivalent of Avengers Infinity War , it is a defining moment, the defining moment in xmen history.You can NOT cram everything that needs to be said into even a three hour movie. It can not happen.

Go with a trilogy, xmen are yet to fight their traditional enemies the sentinels, use them in the next movie . I strongly suggest that they change titles and shift dates to early 2019 to accommodate the new story line if they must. They won't regret it. Use Genosha and the sentinels for the 1st movie, with avengers style action scenes and focus being on the team but more emphasis on cyclops and jean Have Jean needing her powers for I don't know i.e flying into space to destroy the satellites controlling the sentinels and re-entry awakening the dark phoenix for the first time.

The 2nd movie can focus on the Hellfire club with Selene and Mastermind as the main antagonists ,also if they can bring back January Jones in her role as the white queen , the argument she doesn't age in diamond form can be used to explain her youthfulness. In this movie whatever chains still binding the phoenix are removed and she goes fully dark here.

In the 3rd movie, Fox is welcome to go the Star Wars route , Intergalactic empires, combat with the Imperial guard and the purging of the phoenix from jean with the m'krann crystal. Each movie will build anticipation for the next and they can take their time to introducing new characters as needed , Fox would have revitalized the main xmen movie brand in a big way, with the path also open for new teams or groups to emerge. Marvel invested their top talent writing stories for the xmen comics line 80s during the and 90s ,pick a story and run with it but leave the dark phoenix for now and hopefully for a good long time.
    In an ideal world.... but we need to accept they're going to cram it all in a single film it looks like. Yes it's a bad idea. But it's apparently happening. We can either get mad or try to enjoy it.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    In an ideal world.... but we need to accept they're going to cram it all in a single film it looks like. Yes it's a bad idea. But it's apparently happening. We can either get mad or try to enjoy it.
    I am not mad, just discussing it with you all fine folks!

And, I am going to enjoy it, whatever they present. I always do. I go in with no expectations Hoping to be entertained in the least and Wowed in the most.

But anyways, it will be a few hours of Jean screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by lade5 View Post
    My advice to Fox studios for whatever it is worth. Dark phoenix is the x-men equivalent of Avengers Infinity War , it is a defining moment, the defining moment in xmen history.You can NOT cram everything that needs to be said into even a three hour movie. It simply can not be done.

Go with a trilogy, xmen are yet to fight their traditional enemies the sentinels, use them in the next movie . I strongly suggest that they change titles and shift dates to early 2019 to accommodate the new story line if they must, they won't regret it. Use Genosha and the sentinels for the 1st movie, with avengers style action scenes and focus being on the team but more emphasis on cyclops and jean . Have Jean needing her powers for I don't know i.e flying into space to destroy the satellites controlling the sentinels and re-entry awakening the dark phoenix for the first time.

In the 3rd movie, Fox is welcome to go the Star Wars route , Intergalactic empires, combat with the Imperial guard and the purging of the phoenix from jean with the m'krann crystal. Each movie will build anticipation for the next and they can take their time with introducing new characters as needed. This way Fox revitalizes the main x-men movie brand in a big way while working with what they have right now and with the path also open for new teams or groups to emerge. Marvel invested their top talent writing stories for the x-men comics line during the 80s and 90s .Pick a story and run with it but leave the dark phoenix for now and hopefully for a good long time.
    They have done Sentinels in Days of Future Past. And no. More movies that setups to later movies are not what people want to see. We already got that with Thanos and the Justice League and Star Wars. The next X-Men movie should be looking to step to Deadpool and Logan's quality of stand alone movie. With Jean in the pilotseat, given that Sophie Turner is the one with the name recognition. They actually have that part right.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    They have done Sentinels in Days of Future Past. And no. More movies that setups to later movies are not what people want to see. We already got that with Thanos and the Justice League and Star Wars. The next X-Men movie should be looking to step to Deadpool and Logan's quality of stand alone movie. With Jean in the pilotseat, given that Sophie Turner is the one with the name recognition. They actually have that part right.
    Those were SUPER sentinels not normal sentinels . As I said avenger style action scenes fighting human soldiers and beatable robotic sentinels.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    When Scott blasts off the toilet door and that kid? That was... unimaginative, to say the least.
    It was better with the red-eye pot joke from the original version. Also, how did that kid not get obliterated?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Small nitpick.... Hopefully Cyclops can fire his optic blast without adjusting his visor

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It was better with the red-eye pot joke from the original version. Also, how did that kid not get obliterated?
    The door was between him and the blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    The door was between him and the blast.
    A flimsy 1980's bathroom stall is sufficient protection from Scott's unrestrained optic(mighty oak splitting/catching on fire instantly) blast? lol, okay.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm going to remain hopeful regarding this film. Fox's strongest entries with their main X-films have always been when they've had the source material to guide them. Both X2 and DOFP are the best of the series, and typically when they have stumbled its when they've tried to make up their own story. I'm hoping that if the use the use the overall Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga as a guide then prehaps they can avoid what happened with Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm going to remain hopeful regarding this film. Fox's strongest entries with their main X-films have always been when they've had the source material to guide them. Both X2 and DOFP are the best of the series, and typically when they have stumbled its when they've tried to make up their own story. I'm hoping that if the use the use the overall Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga as a guide then prehaps they can avoid what happened with Apocalypse.
    Apocalypse wasn't exactly its own story. It had the original horsemen story as a guide. Magneto's storyline was the same as Warren's but with a dead family instead of mutilated wings. The problem was that Weapon X scene derailed the movie, causing other stuff to be rushed. That and they tried being far too subtle in their approach to certain things.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-25-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Yes, and perhaps just too many things squished into the movie.

I liked how the movie started and ended, even though both were not that long. Just too many other pieces, such as Moira, Charles going to see Moira, Magneto reliving his horrors yet again, Charles grieving for Magneto's loss yet again,etc.

They need more focus.

However, it makes no sense to talk about going to the mall, then we don't see them at the mall. Also, I understand they trained Sophie for weeks on archery, yet we never see her actually shoot the one arrow. As I said, they need to focus. If those involved in making this movie watched one with the faux paux I mentioned, I am sure they would not like the movie and wonder what the crew was thinking.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 04-25-2017 at 04:16 PM.