Page 155 of 590 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 8841
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol GotG fans are some of the most agressive fans out there and they do NOT like Marvel's treatment of the franchise post-DnA. Unlike you, some people care more about quality of product than the amount of bank it makes.
    As a guy who thinks the DnA Guardians run is one of the best runs ever written (I can't give you a ranking), I agree with this.

While the Guardians movies have been entertaining, they aren't my Guardians. They might look like them, but almost everything else is completely different, and not for the better.

Peter Quill is basically Phillip J. Fry from Futurama (don't get me started on the Ego stuff from vol. 2), Gamora seems like anything but the most dangerous woman in the galaxy, Drax's entire character and motivation is different, and Rocket doesn't have an otter for a girlfriend. OK, so that last one isn't that big a deal, but I think you gather my meaning.

While they are entertaining movies, they aren't the Guardians of the Galaxy to me. They're just sitcom characters cosplaying as them.

But that's just me.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    ...Even though the changed personality is way more popular and better, but who cares about that?
    If we're talking about Peter Quill, his pre-movie/Bendis characterization is LEAGUES better than what we've gotten since.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    As a guy who thinks the DnA Guardians run is one of the best runs ever written (I can't give you a ranking), I agree with this.

While the Guardians movies have been entertaining, they aren't my Guardians. They might look like them, but almost everything else is completely different, and not for the better.

Peter Quill is basically Phillip J. Fry from Futurama (don't get me started on the Ego stuff from vol. 2), Gamora seems like anything but the most dangerous woman in the galaxy, Drax's entire character and motivation is different, and Rocket doesn't have an otter for a girlfriend. OK, so that last one isn't that big a deal, but I think you gather my meaning.

While they are entertaining movies, they aren't the Guardians of the Galaxy to me. They're just sitcom characters cosplaying as them.

But that's just me.
    And they took those characterizations to the comics and they've been joke characters for years now. Along with the sidelining of Richard Rider, it's been rage fodder for GotG since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Holy crap! Marvel Studios changed personality of a Z-list character? THE MONSTERS! Even though the changed personality is way more popular and better, but who cares about that?
    This REALLY doesn't allow anyone to empathise with your situation. And what does A-List/Z-List have to do with ruining characters? For the kids of today, the X-Men save maybe Wolverine are kinda B or C-List too, and a large part of that is the cartoons, video games and merchandising drought courtesy Marvel.

BANNED

This REALLY doesn't allow anyone to empathise with your situation.
    You don't speak for everyone, and plenty of people ion this thread empathise with him including me.

And what does A-List/Z-List have to do with ruining characters? For the kids of today, the X-Men save maybe Wolverine are kinda B or C-List too, and a large part of that is the cartoons, video games and merchandising drought courtesy Marvel.
    The XMEN (save Wolverine and Deadpool) may not be A-list anymore, but prior to the MCU magic, the GOTG were barely even D-list. A good movie catapulted them into A-list. The XMen started out A-list and thanks to the movies are not that anymore YET you see no problem with that? OK....

Those defending these movies are the types who would find a million dollar diamond, sell it for 100K, and pat themselves on their backs for being so business savvy. The XMEN are so good that even when they suck, they sell millions worldwide. Some of us want more than mediocrity though.

A good team would help the XMEN reclaim their A-list status regardless of what the comics do. Instead we get directors proudly embarrassed by the genre, one who has things for teen boys, and another who is obsessed with Lawrence to the point of self-destruction. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This REALLY doesn't allow anyone to empathise with your situation. And what does A-List/Z-List have to do with ruining characters? For the kids of today, the X-Men save maybe Wolverine are kinda B or C-List too, and a large part of that is the cartoons, video games and merchandising drought courtesy Marvel.
    Hell yeah, A-list/Z-list matters. A-list characters are A-list for a reason. Why change them too much? If they don't change Z-list characters, they'll be remain Z-list. Marvel made every single GotG movie character a household name. Oh, the horrible crime they've committed!

And Fox doesn't change characters. They just strip them off, and shaft them in favour of their precious few. They one of the most important characters in X-Men, and then turn them into background nobodies.

Yeah, characters other than Wolverine being B/C-list today is entirely fault of Marvel for not creating cartoons. Fox doesn't get the blame at all. I mean, movie watching public vastly outnumbers cartoon watching public, gamers, etc. but that's irrelevant, right?

I am actually less interested in this movie after remembering that Jennifer Lawrence has signed on to continue as Mystique. I was actually hopeful that without her presence we'd get a movie about the X-Men, instead of her again, but alas I am sure that is not to be the case. Once again we'll have Mystique shoehorned front and center to a storyline where she should have no place at all. My desire to see this wanes every time I think about her version of Mystique.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    GotG characters weren't ruined. Before movies no one cared about them. After movies many people like them. They are better.
    X-men characters were ruined by Fox.

Calaigah :
    A good team would help the XMEN reclaim their A-list status regardless of what the comics do. Instead we get directors proudly embarrassed by the genre, one who has things for teen boys, and another who is obsessed with Lawrence to the point of self-destruction. YAY!
    true

Stormrocks :
    I am actually less interested in this movie after remembering that Jennifer Lawrence has signed on to continue as Mystique. I was actually hopeful that without her presence we'd get a movie about the X-Men, instead of her again, but alas I am sure that is not to be the case. Once again we'll have Mystique shoehorned front and center to a storyline where she should have no place at all. My desire to see this wanes every time I think about her version of Mystique.
    all rumors are about magneto so he will be also important in the movie. x-men will once again be in the ebackground...

BANNED

GotG characters weren't ruined. Before movies no one cared about them. After movies many people like them. They are better.
    X-men characters were ruined by Fox.
    Lol. They're complaining about GOTG characters becoming even more popular than before! Damn that evil MCU.

Wish we could do the same. We can only do it with Quicksilver, who the movies made more popular by tweaking him. But you don't hear X-fans complaining about his sudden rise in popularity...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Lol. They're complaining about GOTG characters becoming even more popular than before! Damn that evil MCU....
    It's bizzaro world in here

BANNED

Lol. They're complaining about GOTG characters becoming even more popular than before! Damn that evil MCU.
    true true. Poor guys.

Wish we could do the same. We can only do it with Quicksilver, who the movies made more popular by tweaking him. But you don't hear X-fans complaining about his sudden rise in popularity...
    Yeah. He should beat Apocalypse but for some stupid reason he didn't use even 0.00001% of his power. Fox fans don't complain about this lack of logic.
    also:
    when DoFP beat CA:WS it was great for X-men
    when Apo was destroyed by CA:CW... box office doesn't matter

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The point people are trying to make, is that when Marvel says their claim to fame is "honoring the source material", and then they go and take a **** on that source material and change things just the way any studio does (Wanda, Janet, Hawkeye, GOTG), its somehow taken at face value and just supposed to be accepted all because Marvel/Disney loves the characters so much. It's ridiculous. But at this point this falls on deaf ears, and the narrative will continue to change every second its called out(they weren't popular to begin with!, well they never had a solo, or so what if they changed it, still doesn't justify what Fox does!). This thread is a never ending circle, and from here on out and I'm going to do what I can to just ignore certain people in here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The point people are trying to make, is that when Marvel says their claim to fame is "honoring the source material", and then they go and take a **** on that source material and change things just the way any studio does (Wanda, Janet, Hawkeye, GOTG), its somehow taken at face value and just supposed to be accepted all because Marvel/Disney loves the characters so much. It's ridiculous. But at this point this falls on deaf ears, and the narrative will continue to change every second its called out(they weren't popular to begin with!, well they never had a solo, or so what if they changed it, still doesn't justify what Fox does!). This thread is a never ending circle, and from here on out and I'm going to do what I can to just ignore certain people in here.
    I always ignore people too when I can't prove them wrong. Luckily that never happens.

NO comic book movie completely honors the source. That'd be impossible. What MCU doesn't do is disrespect the source though. FCU movies DO!

Logan and Deadpool are loved for honoring their characters despite NOT respecting their source. Those two movies are their own source, but they work cause they respect the characters. Apocalypse doesn't respect the source OR the characters. I mean Cyclops went from being a boy scout to a rebel without a cause in that movie.

You attack GOTG for altering the backgrounds of some characters but defend Apocalypse despite it altering the background of Cyclops (boy scout to rebel without a cause), Angel (rich spoiled boy to homeless drunk), Psylocke (wealthy stealth ninja to body guard for Caliban)? Ok...

Nice try though acting like the complaining is because the movies don't copy every scene from the comics.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I always ignore people too when I can't prove them wrong. Luckily that never happens.

NO comic book movie completely honors the source. That'd be impossible. What MCU doesn't do is disrespect the source though. FCU movies DO!

Logan and Deadpool are loved for honoring their characters despite NOT respecting their source. Those two movies are their own source, but they work cause they respect the characters. Apocalypse doesn't respect the source OR the characters. I mean Cyclops went from being a boy scout to a rebel without a cause in that movie.

You attack GOTG for altering the backgrounds of some characters but defend Apocalypse despite it altering the background of Cyclops (boy scout to rebel without a cause), Angel (rich spoiled boy to homeless drunk), Psylocke (wealthy stealth ninja to body guard for Caliban)? Ok...

Nice try though acting like the complaining is because the movies don't copy every scene from the comics.
    The point that I made was that the people who complain about the changes in X-Men films don't complain when they change things in the Marvel films. Not sure how you didn't get that. But thank you for proving my point.

BANNED

I just want the 90s costumes, I want a slight update on the ones we saw at the END of the last movie.

It's going to be weird not having Wolverine in a 90s X-men movie but looking forward to Cyclops and Phoenix taking over.