Page 194 of 590 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Claremont's Dark Phoenix Saga is grounded in human emotions and relationships. It's Jean's emotional response to her heightened powers which build. It's Mastermind's manipulations of her repressed emotions that really build the tension. It is Jean's relationship with Scott, and the X-Men at large that really serve as the crux of the story. The Shi'Ar and everything else are just fun set pieces to show the stakes, that have risen from internal and interpersonal to intergalactic/cosmic in scale.

I sincerely doubt Kinberg and this cast are going to be able to pull this all off in one movie. Jean and Scott's relationship was built over 100 issues of slow burn before getting to this point. The X-Men have been built up into a close-nit family, and highly effective fighting force, by the time DP crescendos. We just barely met Sophie's Jean in the films. She bears almost no resemblance to Jean in the comics, and has barely gotten past introductory flirting with this Scott. The 'team' is a hodgepodge of (barely introduced/characterized) individuals with almost no tactical abilities as a unit. Add to that the fact that Magneto, Mystique, Xavier and Quicksilver will take inordinate amounts of screentime, and I just don't see how they can pull this off successfully.
    That's my biggest problem with this. No matter how good the movie is, I will forever wish they had made another one or two in between.

I wouldn't mind it if there was a Dark Phoenix parts one and two.. a saga.. if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I wouldn't mind it if there was a Dark Phoenix parts one and two.. a saga.. if you will.
    If only there had been a template for them to follow. Somewhere they could have looked to for guidance...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

If only there had been a template for them to follow. Somewhere they could have looked to for guidance...
    Like a storyboard, you mean

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Like a storyboard, you mean
    Or a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    Or a comic.
    That's what I was alluding to, yes lol

I love that Jeremiah Johnson movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's my biggest problem with this. No matter how good the movie is, I will forever wish they had made another one or two in between.
    Sure, it would have been cool; but im just sick of Jean getting killed and being away for a long time.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...rounded-human/

15 plus years later and still the same crap. I'm not sure how anyone who is a fan of xmen can ship for this.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

^Read the thread.

No more Kinberg! No more Kinberg! No more Kinberg! No more Kinberg! No more Kinberg!

News announcement: Superheroes can't be human!
    Last edited by HaydnC95; 08-29-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

15 plus years later and still the same crap. I'm not sure how anyone who is a fan of xmen can ship for this.
    It sounds like she is confusing The Dark Phoenix Saga with the Phoenix Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I've been dreading this film ever since I heard both Magneto and Mystique were being put back into the mix. Because if there is anything the Dark Phoenix Saga needs, it's less of Jean and more of the same Xavier/Magneto angst we have gotten in pretty much every other X-Film to date. <that was sarcasm just in case it didn't translate well over the internet. too bad the rolleyes icon has been removed>

I don't think that they are going to make a film about Jean (much less give Scott the primary supporting role he should have in this story) when they can just rehash the same stuff again for us.