Page 2 of 590 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Despite all the red flags that should be concerning Fox, I'm still trying to remain optimist about the Dark Phoenix film. I would hope they would at least try to stretch it out to two films, but I'm not sure they would go down that route. I can't help but be disappointed by the fact that they are jumping right into the Dark Phoenix as opposed to establishing Jean more as a character. Even in the original trilogy we got to see Jean on the side of good for two films before loosing it in the third, here it seems we're going straight from reintroduction to the character, to her being evil. I know this is all premature speculation, as we know next to nothing about the film other then release date, but hopefully when Fox divulges more info at some point, it'll make me more optimistic.
    Agreed. Dark Phoenix should really be the third film of the next "trilogy". I don't know. They say they want to do a proper Phoenix Saga, but I feel they're liable to **** it up again. Plus it's a bit disconcerting that no director has been announced. Sigh.

BANNED

Why are they rushing this? Unless it's a 2 parter it's going to be a mess. There needs to be A Phoenix saga before a Dark Phoenix saga. Audiences need more time to develop a connection with the new Jean and the new cast.

Worried they're going to butcher it again or try and fit Magneto and Mystique in there somehow.

...I really do not need to see the movies dive back into Dark Phoenix again right after Apocalypse.

Movie has fail written all over it and it hasn't even gone into production yet. How they plan on doing it in one movie is beyond me, not to mention the set up from Apocalypse was so meh and Sophie's Jean is nothing special to say the least.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Why are they rushing this? Unless it's a 2 parter it's going to be a mess. There needs to be A Phoenix saga before a Dark Phoenix saga. Audiences need more time to develop a connection with the new Jean and the new cast.

Worried they're going to butcher it again or try and fit Magneto and Mystique in there somehow.
    I get the feeling no one at Fox actually understands The Dark Phoenix Saga. They probably think it boils down to "X-Men vs. Super Powered Jean". We can do that in 2 hours!

~Mandatory long sigh at them making Dark Phoenix already instead of developing Jean and Scott for one more film~

I also think Kinberg (and maybe Singer) has a strange mindset that thinks audience attachment to Famke Janssen's Jean will spill over to Sophie Turner's Jean so there isn't a need to build up Turner's character and her relationship to her peers. If only they were paying attention to the Jean vs. Jeen wars from the comics to know that isn't the case at all. Teen needs to earn our love, devotion, respect and understanding all by herself.

I'm guessing it is a two parter with Jean only becoming Phoenix at the end of the movie. That way you get the build up with the other characters everyone wants. I would hope we get a different villain then Magneto manipulating Jean. Maybe Sinister this time. Of course this is Fox so this post was probably a waste of effort on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...I really do not need to see the movies dive back into Dark Phoenix again right after Apocalypse.
    They painted themselves in a hole with Apocalypse, Phoenix is the only thing that tops Apoc on a threat level. So we're getting DP just because basically. The better idea would be have the villain be the brood and develop Jean/Phoenix in that then go all on DP next. I'm not surprised though, look at how bad Apocalypse was, can't expect much from them...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I'm guessing it is a two parter with Jean only becoming Phoenix at the end of the movie. That way you get the build up with the other characters everyone wants. I would hope we get a different villain then Magneto manipulating Jean. Maybe Sinister this time. Of course this is Fox so this post was probably a waste of effort on my part.
    I would feel more comfortable if it was titled (or pseudo titled) X-Men: Phoenix. But the fact they stuck "Dark Phoenix" instead is what worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    The better idea would be have the villain be the brood
    Or D'Ken and Deathbird. Seriously, if they want X-Men in space, all they have to do is follow the A New Hope/Empire Strikes Back template, where in the first film a rebel princess (Lilandra) seeks out help to overthrow a tyrannical empire, the nature of Jean's mystical "force" is revealed to her, maybe throw in Corsair and the Starjammers as the Han Solo/Millennium Falcon crew, and end with Empire overthrown and heroes rewarded by princess. Second film is deeper and more tragic with the hero's dark side revealed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    They painted themselves in a hole with Apocalypse, Phoenix is the only thing that tops Apoc on a threat level. So we're getting DP just because basically. The better idea would be have the villain be the brood and develop Jean/Phoenix in that then go all on DP next. I'm not surprised though, look at how bad Apocalypse was, can't expect much from them...
    If they're rushing for a follow up threat why not Proteus? Shadowking?

BANNED

If they're rushing for a follow up threat why not Proteus? Shadowking?
    Legion already has the Shadow King handled

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Despite all the red flags that should be concerning Fox, I'm still trying to remain optimist about the Dark Phoenix film. I would hope they would at least try to stretch it out to two films, but I'm not sure they would go down that route. I can't help but be disappointed by the fact that they are jumping right into the Dark Phoenix as opposed to establishing Jean more as a character. Even in the original trilogy we got to see Jean on the side of good for two films before loosing it in the third, here it seems we're going straight from reintroduction to the character, to her being evil. I know this is all premature speculation, as we know next to nothing about the film other then release date, but hopefully when Fox divulges more info at some point, it'll make me more optimistic.
    100% agree , you well articulated my concerns about it. Dark Phoenix , well Jean barely became Phoenix to begin with... we dont have Hellfire CLub etc... I hate how each movie has a totally unique set of characters villians, they need more build up between films, some things can appear in one without "climaxing", save it for a later etc. Make it more serial like the actual stories , that's how you build emotional resonance
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Or D'Ken and Deathbird. Seriously, if they want X-Men in space, all they have to do is follow the A New Hope/Empire Strikes Back template, where in the first film a rebel princess (Lilandra) seeks out help to overthrow a tyrannical empire, the nature of Jean's mystical "force" is revealed to her, maybe throw in Corsair and the Starjammers as the Han Solo/Millennium Falcon crew, and end with Empire overthrown and heroes rewarded by princess. Second film is deeper and more tragic with the hero's dark side revealed.
    FOX tends to do these X-Films in loose "trilogies". Now, they don't need to plan the way Disney does by doing Phase 1, 2, 3 and thinking 10 years ahead or whatever. But I don't understand why they don't map out a proper trilogy for once. They know they'll continue to make X-Men films, why not just think ahead just a little bit.