Page 248 of 590 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    no dazzler in x-men dark Phoenix
    That's disappointing, but somewhat expected. Bringing Dazzler into the mix, when the cast is already so packed with major names, would be pushing it. But I find it odd that Fox keeps teasing it. They did it with X-men Apocalypse with that whole Taylor Swift gimmick. Now, they're doing it again. At some point, you have to wonder whether it just might be easier to add Dazzler to a movie and be done with it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    no dazzler in x-men dark Phoenix
    Dazzler has already been cast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Dazzler has already been cast...
    Incredibly unconfirmed internet rumour/wishful thinking at best so far.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Incredibly unconfirmed internet rumour/wishful thinking at best so far.
    Maybe so but her picture is included with the other actors behind the scenes on Fox set

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That's disappointing, but somewhat expected. Bringing Dazzler into the mix, when the cast is already so packed with major names, would be pushing it. But I find it odd that Fox keeps teasing it. They did it with X-men Apocalypse with that whole Taylor Swift gimmick. Now, they're doing it again. At some point, you have to wonder whether it just might be easier to add Dazzler to a movie and be done with it.
    She is not cut out, juan was paraphrasing Kinbger's comments in the Instagram where he said Katy Perry is bedazzling, but not Dazzler.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Maybe so but her picture is included with the other actors behind the scenes on Fox set
    Let's say that unfocused, vague picture is really her.
    Where are you getting Dazzler from?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KatePryde View Post
    First Genosha, and now Brazil.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah not sure how a Brazil setting would play into this film. But it could be like a very brief stop over while just showing the planet Earth all reacting at once to the landing of aliens? Or the emergence of Phoenix? Who knows, might not imply an extended stay in a Brazil setting for the film. Of course, that COULD happen as well
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Wouldn't be surprised if Brazilian Kid #2 gets more character development than Storm and Cyclops combined.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah not sure how a Brazil setting would play into this film. But it could be like a very brief stop over while just showing the planet Earth all reacting at once to the landing of aliens? Or the emergence of Phoenix? Who knows, might not imply an extended stay in a Brazil setting for the film. Of course, that COULD happen as well
    Maybe Dark Phoenix destroys all the Wonders of the World like in the animated show and the giant Jesus statue is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Maybe Dark Phoenix destroys all the Wonders of the World like in the animated show and the giant Jesus statue is one of them.
    Done too many times in disaster movies.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Done too many times in disaster movies.
    XTAS did the different city destruction montage first during their DPS arc. I remember her setting flame to the Taj Mahal and the climate chaos in NYC which led to the Spidey cameo.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Kind of hard for me to fathom how much some people supposedly X-Men fans are hating the movies and the people who create them

Just don't get it tbh

Not talking about the allegations re: Singer either although again innocent until proven guilty is a justice system rule *for good reasons* precisely to avoid mob mentality off of suspicion/hearsay/"He looks creepy to me" etc
    i hate the xmen films because they took perfect stories with rich characters and reduced it to a pile of horse crap where the only characters who came out having any REAL "development" over a nearly 20 year period were Logan, mystique, magneto and professor xavier (how mystique and magneto get better development over rogue, storm, Nightcrawler, colossus is simply beyond me). the xmen are known for their strong female characters and diversity but you couldn't or can't tell that from the movies. all the characters of color are relegated to minor roles (even though storm is one of the major players with the xmen), evil, or dead. and let's not start with the white washing and over emphasis on needing to drive this narrative home that the men are the leaders and shakers of the franchise when the opposite is true in the comics. the writing is very lazy as well. i mean when you take a character lie storms origin and replace it to the garbage in the movie it become ready apparent how lazy the screenwriters were. there is nothing to celebrate when the fox-men are simply the xmen by name alone. outside of that they are nothing even close to what made me fall in love with them. i think if u ask most people who hate these films you would get something similar to what I said.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-17-2017 at 12:35 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Other than Storm, how much diversity have the X-titles actually pushed? Jubilee, with her wacky Chinese fireworks powers? Psylocke, the white lady in a Japanese body? Bishop, who came close to being a breakout character but then was relegated to villain/marginalised territory?

I agree that Fox hasn't done the Claremazons much justice but the diversity aspect of the main X-Titles is overrated. It's usually the later generations and spin-offs that have more racial and sexual orientation diversity.