Page 255 of 590 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 8841
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The odds are very much in JLaw's favor regarding Mystique's death. She had a very short tenure in Montreal, I believe only being there for about two weeks, before leaving to promote Mother!, and never coming back. Then I believe her fans have also said she's hinted as much when asked about it. I'm glad that she won't be getting too much of the spotlight, but I'm disappointed with how Mystique has kinda been tarnished among X-fans due to JLaw, and the writing in Apocalypse. I wish her story would have just ended in DOFP, and they would have recast the role to be introduced later. I very much enjoyed the freedom fighter she became. Oh well.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Just saying, but Mystique getting killed off doesn't mean that Fox will suddenly start treating "proper" X-women with respect. They'll just replace her with... I dont know, somebody like Pixie or Destiny or U-Go Girl.
    Ironically the only chance we have of getting a live-action Destiny is if her wife is out of the picture.

Astonishing Member

I don't know how likely that is. Probably the biggest development that would result would be fassenbender screaming and having space!man pain.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Do you guys think Kinberg is going to deliberately seek to avoid/break with many of the tropes that fans have noticed from the prior films? Is he even aware of these tropes being viewed negatively by many?

I could be WAY off on this but I seem to remember a slight bit of hinting re: Nightcrawler/Mystique in one of the movies already... so hopefully it does get expanded on although agreed perhaps not in this very next film unless the Phoenix Sage is truly in 2 parts then we could have enough screentime for it perhaps
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I could be WAY off on this but I seem to remember a slight bit of hinting re: Nightcrawler/Mystique in one of the movies already... so hopefully it does get expanded on although agreed perhaps not in this very next film unless the Phoenix Sage is truly in 2 parts then we could have enough screentime for it perhaps
    Possibly in DOFP. Some have argued that Mystique looked especially sad when she saw the picture of Azazel’s body which could be a hint that something happened between them.

I thought this movie was supposed to be about Phoenix, Jean and maybe Scott.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 11-23-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I thought this movie was supposed to be about Phoenix, Jean and maybe Scott.
    You fool! It was never going to be about them, no matter how much it should be.

The Phoenix story is about Jean, Jean, and Jean. Scott is the primary supporting character. Anything else is doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

The Phoenix story is about Jean, Jean, and Jean. Scott is the primary supporting character. Anything else is doing it wrong.
    Phoenix Endsong and Phoenix 5 were pretty Jean deprived. Ditto for the examples Rachel fans are sure to bring up if prodded.

Having said that, Jessica Chastain's comment about "the film having many powerful female characters" does point to Jean, the titular Dark Phoenix, having a substantial role. Kinberg is smart enough to not have her be a zombified WMD like Ratner. Her trauma will be showcased.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Phoenix Endsong and Phoenix 5 were pretty Jean deprived. Ditto for the examples Rachel fans are sure to bring up if prodded.

Having said that, Jessica Chastain's comment about "the film having many powerful female characters" does point to Jean, the titular Dark Phoenix, having a substantial role. Kinberg is smart enough to not have her be a zombified WMD like Ratner. Her trauma will be showcased.
    Pretty sure Gray Lensman was talking about Phoenix Saga and Dark Phoenix Saga specifically.

If Sophie does go full Dark Phoenix do we think she'll have a similar look to The Last Stand in terms of effects and make-up? The menacing black eyes and veiny skin are the one thing I didn't hate about that movie

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    If Sophie does go full Dark Phoenix do we think she'll have a similar look to The Last Stand in terms of effects and make-up? The menacing black eyes and veiny skin are the one thing I didn't hate about that movie
    Really? To me it was terrible, and generic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

Technically Jean isn't even in the comics version.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There is no point in giving Nightcrawler a dead mother.
    Especially because Nightcrawler isn't going to be important enough to have lines in future films.
    Why do you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    But does Kinberg want more development/shades of Nightcrawler?................... I highly doubt it (actually Ive heard he doesnt like the character too much)
    Where did you hear this?

So you guys think there's not much Nightcrawler in the future movies? They even kept Quicksilver.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aben View Post
    Why do you think that?
    I watched some X-Men movies, and as far as I can tell Nightcrawler is not Xavier or Magneto or Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aben View Post
    So you guys think there's not much Nightcrawler in the future movies? They even kept Quicksilver.
    These movies are about Magneto... Obviously his son will be more important than X-man.