Page 3 of 590 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I know a lot of the fans are sick of the DP thing, but I'm not. I will definitely be going to this when it comes out.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Hear is the deal: Replace the Hellfire Club with Sinister and the Marauder. Have them want to use Jean as a weapon via Malice.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Why are they rushing this? Unless it's a 2 parter it's going to be a mess. There needs to be A Phoenix saga before a Dark Phoenix saga. Audiences need more time to develop a connection with the new Jean and the new cast.

Worried they're going to butcher it again or try and fit Magneto and Mystique in there somehow.
    yes, a green phoenix is my dream movie
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Amazing Member

Written, produced and now looking likely to be directed by the man who already brought you the Dark Phoenix in X3. This will be interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Hear is the deal: Replace the Hellfire Club with Sinister and the Marauder. Have them want to use Jean as a weapon via Malice.
    Isn't Sinister already speculated to be the next Big Bad? I thought I read that after Mangold decided to push Sinister to the background to maintain Logan's grounded feel, that Kinberg or someone said he'll still be a major presence in the core films.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

If this means more Jean screen time then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    If they're rushing for a follow up threat why not Proteus? Shadowking?
    I wish it mattered but honestly it doesn't, this movie won't be good I'm almost sure of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    FOX tends to do these X-Films in loose "trilogies". Now, they don't need to plan the way Disney does by doing Phase 1, 2, 3 and thinking 10 years ahead or whatever. But I don't understand why they don't map out a proper trilogy for once. They know they'll continue to make X-Men films, why not just think ahead just a little bit.
    Weirdly they don't seem to think in terms of trilogies or even continuing movies at all. Every film is approached like a standalone with its own specific setting, story and villains. Now when the execution is good, we do get better "complete" films vs. the MCU which does seem like incredibly high budget tv episodes, but OTOH something like the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Saga demands to be spread out over at least two films. I feel like even X2 had a better setup for Dark Phoenix than Apocalypse did.

He also seemly died in a plane explosion in the original horsemen story. But he came back.

They already established that he had a healing factor in The Last Stand, so that makes for an easily explainable return.
    But he was left for dead by the X-Men in the movie. The only prior comnection he has to any of them is Nightcrawler kicking his ass. Him appearing as an X-Men would require a great deal more explanation.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 04-22-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Weirdly they don't seem to think in terms of trilogies or even continuing movies at all. Every film is approached like a standalone with its own specific setting, story and villains. Now when the execution is good, we do get better "complete" films vs. the MCU which does seem like incredibly high budget tv episodes, but OTOH something like the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Saga demands to be spread out over at least two films. I feel like even X2 had a better setup for Dark Phoenix than Apocalypse did.
    X2 really did have a good setup. The lake scene at the end was awesome. It's just a shame what happened next.

And I agree that they more or less just stumbled into the "trilogy" format. But since they basically know that's how it ended up, they really should just go with it. I don't know. I'm just disappointed in the way it's being handled once again. And if it true that this will Kinberg's directorial debut, I'm even more disappointed.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I am gonna stay positive and hope this is part 2 of the new trilogy with the kids. Otherwise it is just super rushed. They need to build up familiar characters first not "blow their load" every movie with brand new ones
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Isn't Sinister already speculated to be the next Big Bad? I thought I read that after Mangold decided to push Sinister to the background to maintain Logan's grounded feel, that Kinberg or someone said he'll still be a major presence in the core films.
    If Sinister is going to be apart of it then maybe we will also see Madelyne Pryor too. Maybe Sinister will clone Jean/Phoenix and Pryor will be Dark Phoenix so it will be Phoenix vs Phoenix - the battle that will end this universe and will make FOX reboot the series lol.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That he did. Sinister looked through the cameras at Weapon X and saw what Jean could do. Thus, gaining his attention.

Anyway, I would like to see Liev Schreiber return as Sabertooth in this movie.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-22-2017 at 02:42 PM.

BANNED

I hope we're going to see the X-men fight the Imperial Guard.

Make the movie last about 4 hours.

BANNED

That he did. Sinister looked through the cameras at Weapon X and saw what Jean could do. Thus, gaining his attention.

Anyway, I would like to see Liev Schreiber Return as Sabertooth in this movie.
    Nah, save Schreiber for X-23.