Page 327 of 590 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 8841
    BANNED

Wolverine has always been popular. Had nothing to do with the casting, especially not early in the series.

Logan was all about love for Huge Jacked Man though.

It was a great run.

Question is, who's gonna be the next one?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    1. Yet has some some of his films bombed. So where is this star power?
    2. But didn’t affect it on a story level.
    1. his star power is the result from his wolverine role. as I've already stated Fox saw this and profited from him but ensuring the movies revolved around his character.

2. It very much did affect her inclusion on a story level. When was Mystique an actual xman in 616? When has Mystique ever been as popular as Jean, Ororo and Rogue? Why would a villian have more development than actual heroes? It is because a big star in fox eyes was attached to the character.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-09-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Fox has largely butchered this entire universe. The sooner it's burned to the ground the better. No more forced reboots.

(But try to keep Ian...he gets Mags)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Fox has largely butchered this entire universe. The sooner it's burned to the ground the better. No more forced reboots.

(But try to keep Ian...he gets Mags)
    Everyone admits to their actors they want to stick around

Myself I say DO NOT REBOOT

Gradually integrate

Use some kind of gimmicky explanation that Reality was Rewritten and keep the SAME CAST with the SAME CONTINUITY/MEMORIES

EXPAND do not destroy

If Feige is a "True Fan" that's what he'll do.

It will be fascinating though if they do reboot and recast, and then commit a crapton of the exact same mistakes the Fox films made, but 90% of the haters will love it anyway, with absolute blinders on. Due to the marketing powers of Disney, the fact they are a monopoly, and all the other things like comics synergy, video games, toys etc, cartoons. That's what actually matters and why the MCU movies make more money, and people ought to be honest to understand that, it's not "Superior Storytelling" in the slightest or "More Authentic to Canon" lol laughable
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

Gradually integrate

Use some kind of gimmicky explanation that Reality was Rewritten and keep the SAME CAST with the SAME CONTINUITY/MEMORIES

EXPAND do not destroy

True fans don't exist, that'd mean there are fake fans and I'd never call anyone that. Honestly that's far too contrived to work

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Well Marvel was already planning an Exiles TV show with Fox.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    True fans don't exist, that'd mean there are fake fans and I'd never call anyone that. Honestly that's far too contrived to work
    I disagree about the contrived part. If the X-Men are to be integrated into the MCU there needs to be SOME explanation for the appearance of mutants. I HATE the Ultimate Universe "created by Weapon X" crap, and don't want ANY iteration of that in the films (especially because you just KNOW they'll end up being Stark Tech. In fact I'm still surprised they haven't confirmed the spider that bit Peter was Stark Tech). I like mutants as a natural evolution of mankind, as it sets them apart from other empowered characters.

But that means you need to explain how they could have existed for so long and not been noticed.

Honestly, I think the best way to do it is some sort of Secret Wars-style incursion. Let the Fox-Verse continue to run while the MCU finishes out its current plans through Infinity War II or whatever they'll be calling it, and save that for the next "big" event. Then the MCU can have its reality rewritten integrate mutants from the beginning, while using the stuff that works from Deadpool, the core series, New Mutants, and the other solos and soft rebooting the rest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I disagree about the contrived part. If the X-Men are to be integrated into the MCU there needs to be SOME explanation for the appearance of mutants. I HATE the Ultimate Universe "created by Weapon X" crap, and don't want ANY iteration of that in the films (especially because you just KNOW they'll end up being Stark Tech. In fact I'm still surprised they haven't confirmed the spider that bit Peter was Stark Tech). I like mutants as a natural evolution of mankind, as it sets them apart from other empowered characters.

But that means you need to explain how they could have existed for so long and not been noticed.

Honestly, I think the best way to do it is some sort of Secret Wars-style incursion. Let the Fox-Verse continue to run while the MCU finishes out its current plans through Infinity War II or whatever they'll be calling it, and save that for the next "big" event. Then the MCU can have its reality rewritten integrate mutants from the beginning, while using the stuff that works from Deadpool, the core series, New Mutants, and the other solos and soft rebooting the rest.
    Just make them a new thing... Like they're all teens, so when asked why didn't they helped in infinity war, ultron, new York they answer that they're literally 6 or 7

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

The main issue I have with mutants just appearing is that you are expelling, in theory, Xavier and Eric. You would have to redo that whole origin story and establish their disconnect in this new universe which is something no one has the time for. Then you have the issue where Storm (and the others) would have to be a teenager/early 20s, which will no go any BP/Storm ship. And to be quite frank I would much rather have them be adults ready to go. If we are talking integration use Dark Phoenix 2 as the one that connects there story to MCU. There is a gap in MCU story after Captain America: First Avenger. Canon First Class-Dark Phoenix to establish the mutant story. Use the film after DP to explain why mutants are no longer around and then bring them back into present day with and recast who you need to recast with memories of those previous movies intact. Save us the time, please.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Just make them a new thing... Like they're all teens, so when asked why didn't they helped in infinity war, ultron, new York they answer that they're literally 6 or 7
    Um... there are way more mutants than just any one team of XMen you know that right?

Not to mention a big part of XMen is showing how they formed, something X1 got very right really with Rogue and others (admittedly that version of Rogue pissed off a ton of cartoon fans as it continues to)

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    The main issue I have with mutants just appearing is that you are expelling, in theory, Xavier and Eric. You would have to redo that whole origin story and establish their disconnect in this new universe which is something no one has the time for. Then you have the issue where Storm (and the others) would have to be a teenager/early 20s, which will no go any BP/Storm ship. And to be quite frank I would much rather have them be adults ready to go. If we are talking integration use Dark Phoenix 2 as the one that connects there story to MCU. There is a gap in MCU story after Captain America: First Avenger. Canon First Class-Dark Phoenix to establish the mutant story. Use the film after DP to explain why mutants are no longer around and then bring them back into present day with and recast who you need to recast with memories of those previous movies intact. Save us the time, please.
    Yes this is something I was thinking about the other day. Like how insanely redundant it will be if they do a pure reboot and recast. They'll have to "re-invent the wheel" in so many ways. I am not saying it cannot work but it just seems really wasteful inefficient and downright insulting and disrespectful to the already-existent canon of the Fox-made films.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 01-09-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Um... there are way more mutants than just any one team of XMen you know that right?

Not to mention a big part of XMen is showing how they formed, something X1 got very right really with Rogue and others (admittedly that version of Rogue pissed off a ton of cartoon fans as it continues to)

Yes this is something I was thinking about the other day. Like how insanely redundant it will be if they do a pure reboot and recast. They'll have to "re-invent the wheel" in so many ways. I am not saying it cannot work but it just seems really wasteful inefficient and downright insulting and disrespectful to the already-existent canon of the Fox-made films.
    Plus they are going to own all those movies in the library, you might as well make use of the content to your advantage.

BANNED

Gradually integrate

EXPAND do not destroy

It will be fascinating though if they do reboot and recast, and then commit a crapton of the exact same mistakes the Fox films made, but 90% of the haters will love it anyway, with absolute blinders on. Due to the marketing powers of Disney, the fact they are a monopoly, and all the other things like comics synergy, video games, toys etc, cartoons. That's what actually matters and why the MCU movies make more money, and people ought to be honest to understand that, it's not "Superior Storytelling" in the slightest or "More Authentic to Canon" lol laughable
    If You really believe that what You wrote is a truth... You are not a x-men fan.

If You really believe that people like MCU movies :"Due to the marketing powers of Disney, the fact they are a monopoly, and all the other things like comics synergy, video games, toys etc, cartoons. That's what actually matters and why the MCU movies make more money, and people ought to be honest to understand that, it's not "Superior Storytelling" in the slightest or "More Authentic to Canon" lol laughable"
    then... You are completly wrong.
    Yeah better marketing helps but it doesn't change the fact that mcu movies are rated higher because they are better for general audience.
    They have more interesting and relatable characters for example.

I also think that real x-men fans can understand that other people may like x-men because of different reasons.
    If they can't ... then they are fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Huge Jacked Man
    Just quoting this because I still haven’t stopped laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Then you have the issue where Storm (and the others) would have to be a teenager/early 20s, which will no go any BP/Storm ship.
    I think Marvel would be willing to sacrifice that. Considering they skipped the Hawkeye and Mockingbird ship, the Quicksilver and Crystal ship, and the Ronan and Crystal ship, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    *Which film is that? The Spider-Man film with the highest marketing budget and marketed as his entry into the MCU with Iron Man all over the promos but still not beating any Raimi Spider film domestic and beating only the ones internationally that didn't have close to the number of foreign markets it did? That film?*
    See people? Still trying to prove that THE HIGHEST GROSSING COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF 2017 is a disappointment.

Well, Homecoming also has the second lowest production budget since Spider-Man(2002), but how the hell does that matter?