Page 333 of 590 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383433 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 8841
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    So very competent but somewhat generic then.

Sidenote: is this common, hiring a composer this late in the game? I would have assumed the score would have been finished, or at least started on, ages ago.
    More like competent, and epic.

BANNED

can they bring in zimmer's friend Christopher Nolan to finish post production?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

Very different... That's why singer fans were so happ0y with DoFP theme since it's been so long
    I must've imagined it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    As long as Ottoman isn't editing then it's a improvement.
    Can you actually explain why Ottman was a bad editor besides "Singer friend, therefore bad"?

Sidenote: is this common, hiring a composer this late in the game? I would have assumed the score would have been finished, or at least started on, ages ago.
    It's normal for a composer to start work when the rough cut is finished. You need to see the whole thing before you can give it a unifying score.

Alan Silvestri wasn't announced to be scoring The Avengers (arguably the most memorable original score of the MCU) until November 2011.
    Last edited by Maestroneto; 01-25-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I must've imagined it.

Can you actually explain why Ottman was a bad editor besides "Singer friend, therefore bad"?

It's normal for a composer to start work when the rough cut is finished. You need to see the whole thing before you can give it a unifying score.

Alan Silvestri wasn't announced to be scoring The Avengers (arguably the most memorable original score of the MCU) until November 2011.
    He cuts Jubilee out of everything and he basically said he's sick of X-Men in a Apocalypse podcast interview. Alot more but I'm driving and can't go into detail
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

You do the movie composition after the filming because the composer needs to see what he is putting music on for inspiration.

BANNED

Last I had heard, Zimmer had "retired" from doing superhero movies. So this is news indeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    You do the movie composition after the filming because the composer needs to see what he is putting music on for inspiration.
    Not always.

Sergio Leone shot parts of Once Upon A Time In the West with the score playing in the background.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Well music is great and always adds to a movie, but with this news i can't help but just think of this quote:

"You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well music is great and always adds to a movie, but with this news i can't help but just think of this quote:

"You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."
    But I remember you hating on this because you thought Jean wouldn’t become Phoenix while in space or something. Which isn’t valid now.

Haters gonna hate I guess.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-25-2018 at 06:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    But I remember you hating on this because you thought ugh Jean wouldn’t become Phoenix while in space or something. Which isn’t valid now.

More like memers gonna meme, followers gonna follow.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Who the **** is playing Dazzler??? Please be Suki....

But I remember you hating on this because you thought Jean wouldn’t become Phoenix while in space or something. Which isn’t valid now.

she already turned into phoenix in apocalypse and it wasn't triggered while being in space so this movie already is starting off wrong.

i wont even get into storm and the umbrella trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    More like memers gonna meme, followers gonna follow.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-25-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

she already turned into phoenix in apocalypse and it wasn't triggered while being in space so this movie already is starting off wrong.
    No, she didn’t. You think having fire-like psychic energy around you makes you Phoenix?

i wont even get into storm and the umbrella trash.
    Yeah, because it’s a nitpick.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-25-2018 at 06:33 PM.

No, she didn’t. You think having fire-like psychic energy around you makes you Phoenix?

Yeah, because it’s a nitpick.
    yes, it was phoenix. thats how the phoenix manifests itself. it was like that in the movies prior to dofp and it was the case in apocalypse.

and you call it nitpicking, i call it an observation about how they can never get her character right.

yes, it was phoenix. thats how the phoenix manifests itself. it was like that in the movies prior to dofp and it was the case in apocalypse.

and you call it nitpicking, i call it an observation about how they can never get her character right.
    Well you’re wrong. Phoenix is suppose to be Jean at her full potential as a psi. Even in the credits she wasn’t labeled as Phoenix.

You’re arguing Storm can’t control the weather in the movies?