Page 335 of 590 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 8841
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Just going to toss my $0.02 to some of the conversations going on here:

Jean manifested/summoned the Phoenix Force at the end of Apocalypse. It may not have been a 100% manifestation, but it was the Phoenix. What we don't know is if it sticks around between movies, slowly building until the incident in space or if it goes dormant again until its presumed complete/total manifestation during said incident. We'll just have to wait until the movie comes out to see.

As for Storm holding an umbrella, that's a 100% nitpick. It's not a slap in the character's face, disrespect or any other overly dramatic interpretation. That'd be like if I said they totally disrespected Iceman because his costume involved him wearing a coat. Don't get me wrong: you have the right to complain about it or whatever else you want, but don't expect to not be called out for it.

As for costumes, we'll see if they keep the ones from the end of Apocalypse or tweak them a bit. I'd wager on them being tweaked, but we'll have to wait and see.

Still psyched about the Zimmer news.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Ok I’ve been watching videos of Halston Sage, interviews and the like and I’m convinced that she is perfect to play Ali Blaire and that is coming from one of the biggest Dazzler arms on the internet.
    She’s effervescent, cool, she seems like she genuinely is a sweet hearted person who doesn’t take herself too seriously, loves fashion and holy cow
    She is the kind of drop dead gorgeous/ cute as a button that Ali Blaire is supposed to be. I hope they don’t waste her talents or the opportunity to make Dazzler a stand out character in the movies! I just hope that she’s able to get down, dirty, and really sassy when it comes to action sequences because Dazzler is pretty high octane and I hope that the iconic club scene that introduces the character is over the top hot af. Like, I hope it replaces the Jessica Rabbit introduction from Who Framed Roger Rabbit as the most iconic
    Introduction to a club performance in a film, to date. Just all out fun ����

Come on marvel, make me yours again...

I'm sure Halston Sage is perfectly capable of pulling off Dazzler if given the proper chance but the if here is doubtful. So a word of advice is to lower those expectations please.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Because alot is happening in this movie I don't think it's much for dazzler to do.

My idea before I realized Jubilee wasn't in this was for Jubilee, Storm, Jean (and I thought another girl would've been cast) would've been similar to death proof

The females driving from Westchester to NYC and it be a easy way to pass the bechdel test. Having good convo with each other and then going to see the dazzler concert. Then mid way through her concert mutant hijinks ensue
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

It’d be dumb to diminish a character like Dazzler that fits into the DisMarvel mold of Barbie doll commercial merchandising, so readily.

BANNED

They said from the start that it would be a small role. Probably something similar to Quicksilver in DoFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They said from the start that it would be a small role. Probably something similar to Quicksilver in DoFP.
    That did work out for him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Just going to toss my $0.02 to some of the conversations going on here:

Jean manifested/summoned the Phoenix Force at the end of Apocalypse. It may not have been a 100% manifestation, but it was the Phoenix. What we don't know is if it sticks around between movies, slowly building until the incident in space or if it goes dormant again until its presumed complete/total manifestation during said incident. We'll just have to wait until the movie comes out to see.

As for Storm holding an umbrella, that's a 100% nitpick. It's not a slap in the character's face, disrespect or any other overly dramatic interpretation. That'd be like if I said they totally disrespected Iceman because his costume involved him wearing a coat. Don't get me wrong: you have the right to complain about it or whatever else you want, but don't expect to not be called out for it.

As for costumes, we'll see if they keep the ones from the end of Apocalypse or tweak them a bit. I'd wager on them being tweaked, but we'll have to wait and see.

Still psyched about the Zimmer news.
    well you are entitled to your opinion, but i stand by statements its an indication that they still dont get the character.

First off Ororo has always embraced the elements and it has always been something that she enjoys and finds peace from:

Moreover, when she has attended funerals and it has rained, if she didnt want to get wet she simply made the area around her rain-free:

furthermore, i'm not the only fan who feels this way:

http://colorwebmag.com/2017/12/11/wh...look-thoughts/

All in all, Ororo has never been accurately portrayed in these films and it would be nice if these subtleties were actually included. It may not mean much to you but for this fan, and the plenty others who saw it had a similar reaction, it does matter. For a fan of the characters to see her with an umbrella, a character described as a weather goddess, is such an eyesore and it doesnt make me the least interested in wanting to see the film and its another reason why im so happy this will be the last xmen ensemble team to be produced by fox.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-26-2018 at 12:38 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    It’d be dumb to diminish a character like Dazzler that fits into the DisMarvel mold of Barbie doll commercial merchandising, so readily.
    They'll make a new dazzler next decade. Deadpool probably the only one who comes to DisMarvel
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Deadpool probably the only one who comes to DisMarvel
    Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Why is that?
    because he sells a heck of a lot more than fox-men and they actually embraced the comic version unlike the foxmen movies.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    because he sells a heck of a lot more than fox-men
    You mean the franchise it’s apart of.

they actually embraced the comic version unlike the foxmen movies.
    Kevin Feige disagrees with you on that.

You mean the franchise it’s apart of.

Kevin Feige disagrees with you on that.

the xmen didnt embrace the comics at all. singer wouldnt even let the cast at one point read the comics. and deadpool is its stand alone universes. the colossus in deadpool was completely different from the one in foxmen.

Why is that?
    jmo..... what's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well you are entitled to your opinion, but i stand by statements its an indication that they still dont get the character.

First off Ororo has always embraced the elements and it has always been something that she enjoys and finds peace from:

Moreover, when she has attended funerals and it has rained, if she didnt want to get wet she simply made the area around her rain-free:

furthermore, i'm not the only fan who feels this way:

http://colorwebmag.com/2017/12/11/wh...look-thoughts/

All in all, Ororo has never been accurately portrayed in these films and it would be nice if these subtleties were actually included. It may not mean much to you but for this fan, and the plenty others who saw it had a similar reaction, it does matter. For a fan of the characters to see her with an umbrella, a character described as a weather goddess, is such an eyesore and it doesnt make me the least interested in wanting to see the film and its another reason why im so happy this will be the last xmen ensemble team to be produced by fox.

Let me risk stating the obvious here but if they, in ANY way whatsoever, seemed to have a grasp on the character and portrayed her even somewhat similarly/appropriately to the Storm we know and love from the comics? The umbrella would be a non-issue. The fact is they have given us a weak, timid, stranger in the role of a goddess and the umbrella is just another kick in the shin to our entirely burned leg, if you catch my meaning.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 01-26-2018 at 02:34 PM.