Page 354 of 590 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    I resent this because it is not true to me. X-Men told stories as allegory for racism, gender, class and oppression. SJW is nothing like that. Jean Grey and Phoenix has lot to do with femininity, if you swap that with a male character, a large part of the appeal is lost. That is SJW I do not like.
    You clearly don't know what SJW is. Can some people be extreme with it? Yes. But the basics of it are very X-Men.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Well, Deadpool made tons of money, pleased most of the fans, and impressed the general public with something new(with a shoestring budget and an R rating). Why wouldn't the studio think that? Of course, they just don't see the true potential of the X-Men themselves. Maybe Dark Phoenix will change that, but I am certainly not holding my breath.
    Also many studios have realized that it's actually beneficial to spread releases out and that you don't HAVE to rely on a summer release to make money. The last three Star Wars movies were all released around Christmas. The last couple of James Bond films have come out in October/November, Thor: Ragnarok came out in the fall, etc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    FOR THE LOVE OF @#$%ING GOD CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THIS SLAP-FIGHT OUT OF HERE? I'm flat out SICK of the "HAHAHAHA ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS BECAUSE THE XCU IS DONE" petty smug bullshit, and the Jaddor/Selina/Whatever the Name of the Week Is random nonsensical rebuttals.

I want to be able to discuss developments on THE FILM without having to wade through all this garbage.
    AMEN!! It makes it kind of hard to enjoy being here at times. When people talk about "toxic/entitled fandom," this is the type of stuff that they're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also many studios have realized that it's actually beneficial to spread releases out and that you don't HAVE to rely on a summer release to make money. The last three Star Wars movies were all released around Christmas. The last couple of James Bond films have come out in October/November, Thor: Ragnarok came out in the fall, etc.
    I agree the dynamics have shifted. I mean, look at BP here in February. That said, trading Deadpool's Feb date for the typical X-Men May(or early June) is telling.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

... is telling.
    Sure it is, if that's what ya wanna hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Sure it is, if that's what ya wanna hear.
    And it isn't if that's what you want.

BANNED

And it isn't if that's what you want.
    That's why I try to avoid speaking in absolutes, 'cause IDK for sure, and am only guessin'... just like you.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-27-2018 at 06:21 PM.

That's why I try to avoid speaking in absolutes, 'cause IDK for sure, and am only guessin'... just like you.
    I mean, Deadpool absolutely made more money than any X-Men or Wolverine film, with a smaller budget. That is known. Sure, I can only guess at a movie studio's motivations and desires, but greed is a pretty sure bet!

BANNED

I mean, Deadpool absolutely made more money than any X-Men or Wolverine film, with a smaller budget. That is known. Sure, I can only guess at a movie studio's motivations and desires, but greed is a pretty sure bet!
    They had to make a choice, you're right about that. But Deadpool just seems like a better fit for the summer than Dark PhoeniX, to me, due to the overall nature of each. Not sure PhoeniX could've been ready in time anyway, as it has been allotted an entire YEAR for post-production. That in & of itself, is new & never been done before for an X-film, I believe.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-27-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Well since the movie is having a year worth of post production it kinda makes sense not to show stuff.

It'd be a damn if u damn if u don't situation. Showing footage without CGI would get panned by fans who want more action in the trailer
    Yeah, They should wait instead of giving stupid teasers like Venom and The New Mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    You clearly don't know what SJW is. Can some people be extreme with it? Yes. But the basics of it are very X-Men.
    X-Men has been on the block since 1963 they had legitimate progressive stories not SJW stories. Marvel has been accused of adapting SJW stories some few years ago, many believed it was what presently ruined their comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah, They should wait instead of giving stupid teasers like Venom and The New Mutants.
    Calling Venom and New Mutants stupid teasers for daring to be different. This is only toxic for those that like MU movies and do not know much about comics.

They had to make a choice, you're right about that. But Deadpool just seems like a better fit for the summer than Dark PhoeniX, to me, due to the overall nature of each. Not sure PhoeniX could've been ready in time anyway, as it has been allotted an entire YEAR for post-production. That in & of itself, is new & never been done before for an X-film, I believe.
    Well, it looks like New Mutants will have an even longer post-production(re-production?) timeline!!!! #dasvidaniya

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah even Marvel which showed footage of Avengers Infinity War at D23 and Comic-Con waited till November 29th to release the official trailer because they knew it would be examined frame by frame like it's the Zapruder film so yeah it's better to wait.

BANNED

For you people's sake and my x-force sake. I hope deadpool delivers. Tim Miller's departure feels like a lion coming to bite the film back in the end. all the trailers from deadpool does not seem to be giving anything knew. it more like Reynold's trying to recapture the glory of the first movie.

BANNED

Well, it looks like New Mutants will have an even longer post-production(re-production?) timeline!!!! #dasvidaniya