Page 361 of 590 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 8841
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Fox's X-Franchises are popular but the MCU is now on par with Star Wars with how they've become event movies and in some parts of the world like China which has no nostalgia factor for Star Wars I'd argue the MCU is more popular in those areas. I mean I can't lie Avengers Infinity War which is basically Marvel Infinity War and which will showcase all of the MCU heavy hitters makes me a little sad no FF or X-Men will be part of this event.
    So? I don't need the X-Men to be event films. I also don't need them to clearly look so filtered, like the current Star Wars movies. Them trying to be like the MCU is what made Apocolypse so meh. They couldn't do it right, so they should stick to doing their own thing.

Logan felt more personal than all the Avenger movies (including Civil War), and it wasn't this huge event feeling movie. If anything, I think that goes against the point of the X-Men. The story told is supposed to be personal, and emotional, first, and foremost, before any spectacle. Kinberg, based on what he's said, so far, gets that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    At the very least to get the e-peen measuring contests out of this and the other threads.
    Pretty please. Though I think there were like two of these threads already.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    I work in a cinema, can confirm a huge amount of our audiences at least didn't care about the continuity. General audiences just want to watch a good movie or to just have a day out.
    Same here. I work in a theater too, and people tell me it sucks that Wolverine died, cuz he can't be in Infinity War. I then proceed to go in another area, and die of laughter.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Those three links are all about the same one guy on Twitter.
    Good job...

The point was to show there are different sources reporting this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    Fair enough. Think I'll be skeptical, though.
    Why are you skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Why are you skeptical.
    One opinion from a second hand source. If more pop up I'll have to take it more seriously.

BANNED

Good job...

The point was to show there are different sources reporting this.
    There is just the one source. How many sites are reporting on this does not increase the number of sources. It is just one dude on Twitter.

BANNED

I've heard from another source that deadpool 2 is going to reshoots due to poor audience reaction, it seems you can only catch lightning in a bottle once

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    One opinion from a second hand source. If more pop up I'll have to take it more seriously.
    OH got it.. Fox made him take it down so I guess we will have to wait and see as early reviews come in.

There is just the one source. How many sites are reporting on this does not increase the number of sources. It is just one dude on Twitter.
    There are different sources reporting the one guy on Twitter. Someone may have saw one source and thought it was fake or fabricated. Which is why I posted the different sources on the topic.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-10-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

The Fox-men universe is not as cohesive as the MCU. It's seriously all over the place. This is another reason why I think we will get a hard reboot.
    It's a hell of a lot easier to integrate one character with two movies into the MCU than 20-ish years of continuity with several superteams worth of characters. Whose entire reason to exist does not exist in the MCU.

Cold, hard, complete reboot is the only way the X-Men can fit in the MCU.
    Why when there is so much history between 1960-90 that hasn't been touched by the MCU if I'm not mistaken. You can just as easily put the First Class series in there and then have Xavier mind erase them out for the time being. You can still recast and undo some of the damage FOX has done while still keeping that line of history so people won't have to deal with a reheash. Mutants popping up by the millions is fine, but why bother when they are sitting on a backstory that people have watched already. JMO on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I've heard from another source that deadpool 2 is going to reshoots due to poor audience reaction, it seems you can only catch lightning in a bottle once
    Irreverent comedy doesn't usually carry over to sequels that well. Scary Movie, The Hangover, Dumb and Dumber. You never know though.