Page 399 of 590 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Yeah I'll be the judge of that when I see it, so far only X men first class has been a proper X men movie, the rest have been xavier, magneto and wolverine show with some unnecessary mystique and no proper development for the rest of the X men
    I still don't think it's a proper X-Men movie. It's just the one that has come the closest. It's still mostly Magneto/Xavier/Mystique origin. Yeah, other characters get development more than the other X-Men movies(gotta love that training montage), but they're still supporting characters at best, not the main focus.

It's so weird that a movie set 20 years before even the formation of X-Men and the single most inaccurate movie to the comics, is the closest to the spirit of X-Men out of the whole franchise.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yeah I'll be the judge of that when I see it, so far only X men first class has been a proper X men movie, the rest have been xavier, magneto and wolverine show with some unnecessary mystique and no proper development for the rest of the X men
    how was first class a proper xmen movie?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Ghost/zombie Emma confirmed!
    Would have been good for new mutants.

BANNED

First Class was actually a legit good movie because of the writing, politics and depth of the movie. I think the politics thread about Gold is relevant here of what makes X-Men as I said its about the politics and characters.

The oringal DOFP story was very Kitty Pryde centric, we were lucky the movie manage to use 5 characters for an art drama movie, which is good compared to other comic films of the main character being hardly there or just being a parody.

The truth is you are hardly going to get 10 xmen in a movie getting focus. its not just possible for a film and trust me wrecking cities for 2 hours with superhero powers is not giving characters focus is remaking x-men 3 or worse transformers or avengers.

Though I do agree with mystique, I think DOFP should have been the last time we saw her. Her entire Arc felt complete in DOFP. Anything now is a waste of space, time and money.

I have said dark phoenix the only way it can be a good legit movie, the main characters should be Scott, Jean, Xavier and I am going to add Storm. Jean needs that female friend. Raven should die in the first 10 minutes and Magneto should show up only in the end.
    Last edited by Tarantino; 05-12-2018 at 01:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    I have said dark phoenix the only way it can be a good legit movie, the main characters should be Scott, Jean, Xavier and I am going to add Storm. Jean needs that female friend. Raven should die in the first 10 minutes and Magneto should show up only in the end.
    I'd suggest you count your blessings and be happy Jean and Cyclops are even in it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'd suggest you count your blessings and be happy Jean and Cyclops are even in it.
    lololol... very tru. surprised jean wasnt replaced with Logan
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Regardless of the complaints of xmen movies, wolverine or magneto geting too much spotlight, I can still tolerate it because they are still xmen characters, I fear the future xmen movies we will be lucky to just have only xmen characters. We will be lucky if storm spends more time talking to xmen characters than the people of wakanda. we will also be lucky if Beast and Xavier can build the danger room without any tie ins to Stark industries. This is something I am dreading about the possible future xmen movies. I will rather watch Crazy Mystique many times than have other non xmen characters butting in.

Jean and Cyclops should be fine, I am curious about Cyclops, I once diminished the actor, he looked too young and too short but he was expcetionally good in Ready Player one, I don't know how much of it was him or Spielberg directing, Tye is a very promising actor and perfect for Cyclops and seems to sound real about everything he says about the movie.
    Last edited by Tarantino; 05-12-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah I don't quite get what the purpose of showing fans a photo of a corpse Emma Frost is. Like, we are already upset she died in the first place and some people wanted to deny it and hope Mags was just wrong in DoFP. Why rub it in our faces like this? Is this supposed to somehow get us psyched up for the next movie? And if so how would that work?

Very confusing marketing strategy. Although sure the photo looks "cool" and "realistic" I guess (that Emma reminds me of the AoA Emma who lobotomized herself to try to force into a human being)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    January Jones Emma Frost in X-MEN Days of future past pic Today
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Pic is new Today oficial January Jones (Emma Frost 1 Class) Instagram inedito
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Why even make it now? Unless it was relevant to the upcoming film.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah I don't quite get what the purpose of showing fans a photo of a corpse Emma Frost is. ... Is this supposed to somehow get us psyched up for the next movie? And if so how would that work?

Very confusing marketing strategy. Although sure the photo looks "cool" and "realistic" I guess (that Emma reminds me of the AoA Emma... lobotomized...)
    And where did the Mutant part of her brain go?
    Called it!

I always thought we'd be gettin' the White Queen again, somehow, soon as she was cast.
    (She's even been drawn a lot more like the way Chastain looks there, in X-Men Blue recently.)

Think similar...

... to the Xavier body transfer, via Moira, at the end of TLS.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Not really. They've only dropped X-Men from title(Just why? They can't even pretend that these movies are supposed to be about X-Men anymore?), Dark Phoenix is still there.
    I think they wanna save the X-Men title for the next reboot after Dark Phoenix flops (How can it not be a flop when the director is Simon Kinsberg, dude directed the worst part of Fan4astic)
    Dreaded, run from it, Bendis still arrives to ruin your canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah I don't quite get what the purpose of showing fans a photo of a corpse Emma Frost is. Like, we are already upset she died in the first place and some people wanted to deny it and hope Mags was just wrong in DoFP. Why rub it in our faces like this? Is this supposed to somehow get us psyched up for the next movie? And if so how would that work?

Very confusing marketing strategy. Although sure the photo looks "cool" and "realistic" I guess (that Emma reminds me of the AoA Emma who lobotomized herself to try to force into a human being)
    Or maybe she is not actually dead, Its fiction you never know.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    This is a team movie. Not a solo.
    And Logan focused on more than one X-Man. Captain America: Civil War was not titled Avengers: Civil War despite featuring other Avengers.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-12-2018 at 04:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottsummer View Post
    I think they wanna save the X-Men title for the next reboot after Dark Phoenix flops (How can it not be a flop when the director is Simon Kinsberg, dude directed the worst part of Fan4astic)
    Matthew Vaugh directed that part actually. That’s one of the versions on the rumor.

Lol. I agree. But technically, this is a team movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    And Logan focused on more than one X-Man. Captain America: Civil War was not titled Avengers: Civil War despite featuring other Avengers.
    Logan focused on Logan and that's it. Where were thebother X-Men? Xavier and X-23 don't count.