Page 4 of 590 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Nah, save Schreiber for X-23.
    You can have him in both films. Henchmen for Dark Phoenix and main bad guy for X-23.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GMT47 View Post
    Written, produced and now looking likely to be directed by the man who already brought you the Dark Phoenix in X3. This will be interesting.
    Yeah some people are just like little kids getting distracted by someone shaking keys at them. It is from THE SAME GUY who already totally screwed this up last time so what makes them think this will be any better. Add to that Kinberg wrote the screenplay for Apocalypse which was also a big old pile of flaming garbage. I just don't know what people are getting excited for.

I hope it is good I really do, but Kinberg is poison to this franchise at this point. If it was another writer and director I would be looking forward to this, but not with Kinberg at the helm.

Urgl... I am all for more Jean' screen time and for Phoenix. But the DFS only works if spectators are already invested in Jean and her relationship with Scott and the rest of the X-Men. It only works when put in comparison with the Phoenix saga. It's the contrast between what Jean/Phoenix did and Dark Phoenix that make it meaningfull. I don't think it can be done in a single movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Yeah some people are just like little kids getting distracted by someone shaking keys at them. It is from THE SAME GUY who already totally screwed this up last time so what makes them think this will be any better.
    You need you look at the production history of X-3. It was a very studio mandated film. A lot of the stuff in that film wasn't even Kinberg's idea. Like the Cure plot and the deaths.

Add to that Kinberg wrote the screenplay for Apocalypse which was also a big old pile of flaming garbage. I just don't know what people are getting excited for.
    Some people like Apocalypse.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-22-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    He also seemly died in a plane explosion in the original horsemen story. But he came back.

They already established that he had a healing factor in The Last Stand, so that makes for an easily explainable return.
    They never established a healing factor for Angel in The Last Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    They never established a healing factor for Angel in The Last Stand
    His wings grew up back when they were cut them off.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-22-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I also think Kinberg (and maybe Singer) has a strange mindset that thinks audience attachment to Famke Janssen's Jean will spill over to Sophie Turner's Jean so there isn't a need to build up Turner's character and her relationship to her peers. If only they were paying attention to the Jean vs. Jeen wars from the comics to know that isn't the case at all. Teen needs to earn our love, devotion, respect and understanding all by herself.
    That's not a strange mindset at all.

This will be the 10th movie in the series, and the 6th involving Jean's character. All those past movies count. They don't disappear.

i'm usually excited for these movies, and i didn't hate apocalypse, but i am not excited about this. it's too soon and there isn't much investment in a scott and jean relationship at this point. i would like another movie between this and dark phoenix

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I am excited at the prospect of seeing more of the younger cast. I think to almost everyone, even those who didn't like Apocalypse, wanted to see more of them. I'm also thrilled that we will hopefully see those costumes that we saw at the end of the film finally get some use, though I don't know if we'll get the chance to see Jean in hers. I also hope that whoever is working on this (Other then Kinberg) is able to salvage the mess the Phoenix force has become. At this point in Marvel, everyone and their mother has possessed the damn thing, and I'm hoping that maybe this film will be able to make it more unique to Jean once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    His wings grew up back when they were cut them off.
    I didn't take that as a healing factor at all.

His wings were barely just beginning to grow in, and he began the process of cutting them because he was ashamed and scared. The scene itself doesn't imply even a little bit that he "cut them off", and implied that they were just growing in.

At that point, they healed yes, but over the course of what was it 10 years? All human bodies heal to some point over time. So yes, his wings that were just barely coming in and were not severely mutilated, were able to heal naturally over the course of 10 years.

That was not an implied healing power.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i'm usually excited for these movies, and i didn't hate apocalypse, but i am not excited about this. it's too soon and there isn't much investment in a scott and jean relationship at this point. i would like another movie between this and dark phoenix
    I'm kinda in the same boat, but it depends on which direction. I think the best thing to do is keep the earth stuff in one movie and save the space stuff for another.

This could be very interesting if it goes down the root I mentioned on the first page.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-22-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Who should be on the roster? Assuming one or two new members join like most previous team films.

My wish list

Professor X
    Moira (Still has 1 film left on contract)

Cyclops
    Beast
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Jubilee
    Angel
    Monet

Vs

Dark Phoenix
    I would like the team to be :

Professor X
    Moira

Cyclops
    Jean
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Quicksilver
    Jubilee
    Sunfire

with the villains maybe being a new Helfire Club or Sinister

also would love Psylocke to come back...as an anti hero that helps out in the end or a full villain , maybe the White or Black Queen who helps manipulating Jean.

I don't know how excited I am for this movie.

On the negative side, I don't think I'm excited about rehashing a story that this series has already done. Whether it was well done or not, this series has already done the Dark Phoenix Saga. To do it again is simply just a rehash.

I'm also not excited about going into space. Going into space is typically when I've felt the X-Men comics "jump the shark", and lose their depth and meaning and become just convoluted "pew pew" for the sake of a "cool" factor. Not interested in space pirate parents, not interested in cosmic beings that eat stars and possess mortals, and if they go all out, definitely not interested in "but that wasn't the REAL Jean, that was a clone. The REAL Jean is still in the water!" #soapopera

On the positive side, with this being a new timeline, it does seem rather fitting that there would be a new version of Phoenix that occurs. And considering that Xavier is well aware of the results of the original timeline, we would now explore the results of him handling Jean differently (something that was already introduced in X-Men: Apocalypse).

IF DONE WELL, adding the element of space to the movies can give it something new to explore that hasn't been used in the movies so far.

All in all, I do feel the series has had a nice, full arc, bookended nicely with the introduction in X-Men, and the finales of X-Men: Apocalypse and Logan. All in all, I feel like it's a pretty complete series. I wouldn't be against the series continuing on in the form of spinoffs (X-Force, New Mutants, Deadpool, etc.) and letting the mainline X-Men take a bow.

That said, due to how the rights work, they are not going to ever stop making X-Men movies. And given the arc of X-Men: Apocalypse, Phoenix does seem like the natural next step. They have a very strong set up to work with, with X-Men: Days Of Future Past giving a clean slate to the new timeline, and X-Men: Apocalypse re-introducing and establishing the core of Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm, and also setting up other characters like Nightcrawler and Quicksilver. A new cast, a clean slate, and the mainstays of Magneto, Mystique, and Wolverine finally taking their exits, the series does have a lot of direction they can go in.

An unchecked Kinberg is definitely frightening. X-Men: Days Of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse are hands down my 2 favorite X-Men movies, and I don't hate X-Men: The Last Stand, but both of those movies also had Bryan Singer to reign him in and keep him in check (and in the case of Days Of Future Past, had an original script / story from Vaughn and Goldman as well). X-Men: The Last Stand had some good ideas, but some questionable execution. I definitely don't trust Kinberg on his own.

I was hoping that in "Supernova" they were going to explain the PF in Jean with all the details, possibly seeing the Shi'ar. I thought they might go DP by the end of it, setting up DP as the third movie.

Perhaps they are moving this quickly due to the comics and wanting to keep pace with whatever direction they will go there: Jeen with the PF or without it. Since the PF was shown in Apocalypse, now they have to deal with it.

I just Hope that it is better than the last Dark Phoenix movie and that Jean survives the experience!

Why does Jean's death in X-Men: The Last Stand keep coming up as a mistake, when Jean's death is an integral part of the Dark Phoenix Saga?

Until it was retconned with the whole clone stuff, Jean -doesn't- survive the experience, and that's kind of the point.