Page 404 of 590 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 8841
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie valley View Post
    House of M would be definitely an interesting movie. I saw an article recently saying that the Russo brothers won't reboot X-men or Wolverine for the next 10 years which is smart imo. Rebooting them right after a long run of 12+ movies is exhausting.
    1) I don't think the Russo brothers get to decide this.
    2) Continuing the Fox-verse, that is what sounds exhausting to me.
    3) There is absolutely no way that Hugh Jackman is going to do another decade of Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    I never said any of it was good or that she wasn't used as a plot device because well she was but she still changed throughout the story for better or worst and we do learn things about her, but yeah she was still a plot device at the end of the day but so was Mystique in DOFP and she also still received character development, thankfully that looks like it's over, hopefully.
    In DoFP it was Wolverine who got to be little more than Plot Device Lad.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

praise the goddess this will be the last foxmen movie!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie valley View Post
    Forget about Dafne Keen. They will use a grown up actress in her early 20s just like the current X-23 in marvel comics universe she is an adult 20-years old.

Understanding how cinema works X-23 is audience friendly character who has the potential to excite the audience to the edge of their seat. She also has the personality she is feisty and Unpredictable moody. Action is guaranteed.

She is just an explosive individual and personality. People are generally excited by such characters and personalities. Charismatic, fearless and very edgy. Also high on herself which guarantees for fights going down
    I'm okay with this, mostly because I think Dafne Keen set the bar so high as a kid X-23 that it wouldn't make sense for Marvel/Disney to try and top it. It would make more sense to give us an older X-23, similar to what we have in the comics now. Personally, I'd like to see a story that has Wolverine trying to deal with a teenage daughter while still trying to be himself. I think that's the sort of thing that will make for the kind of fun, softer moments that we've seen throughout the MCU over the years.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm okay with this, mostly because I think Dafne Keen set the bar so high as a kid X-23 that it wouldn't make sense for Marvel/Disney to try and top it. It would make more sense to give us an older X-23, similar to what we have in the comics now. Personally, I'd like to see a story that has Wolverine trying to deal with a teenage daughter while still trying to be himself. I think that's the sort of thing that will make for the kind of fun, softer moments that we've seen throughout the MCU over the years.
    I also don't think Marvel would put kids in the place X23 was, It hurts their brand. Marvel is not going to show a kid killing people.

The only kid I see topping X23 is if we ever see Damian Wayne in a Batman movie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    I also don't think Marvel would put kids in the place X23 was, It hurts their brand. Marvel is not going to show a kid killing people.

The only kid I see topping X23 is if we ever see Damian Wayne in a Batman movie.

Next.

That’s way different from what X-23 was doing but I get your point.

Extraordinary Member

I know some here who are Disney interns that don't watch the movies, some are honest they find it boring due to lack of things getting destroyed every minute. Some just say things for the sake of saying things to feel better about the lack of credibility of other comic movies. I don't take some of their comments seriously, Speaking of character development, I almost cringe when I watch Iron Man and Thor in the recent movies or try to compare Spiderman Homecoming to Spiderman 2002, Both characters acted more like grown ups in their first origins movies than the recent movies.

I have not seen IW so I cant speak of Wanda but the last time Wanda had an opinion that evolved was switching sides in Age of Ultron. I think Wanda qualifies as the it female with super powers and comparing her to Mystique, Jean or Kitty Pryde is not a legit discussion if we look at the actual writing of the movies. I don't think Black Widow has gotten any development either. lol

Elizabeth Olsen wants a House of M movie. Trust me, she has not being trained to handle that type of story from the acting and writing in the comic movies she has been in. If the Older Jean was still active. Franke Jameson or Jennifer Lawrence pre American Hustle and a person like James Cameron still had the chance to make an X-Men movie , (House of M) possibly. it will be a different conversion.
    If they actually make House of M, she probably won't have to act that much at all.
    It's just out of no whe insanity and Bendis one-liners. And she doe even need to be in like 90 percent of the movie.
    They can find another cheap plot Device to fill Wanda's role and nothing will change, heck, even Wanda herself is basically mindless in House of Micheal.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    If they actually make House of M, she probably won't have to act that much at all.
    It's just out of no whe insanity and Bendis one-liners. And she doe even need to be in like 90 percent of the movie.
    They can find another cheap plot Device to fill Wanda's role and nothing will change, heck, even Wanda herself is basically mindless in House of Micheal.
    I assume if they ever made a House of M movie it would be changed quite a bit from the comics version though, and one of the major changes would be to give Wanda a lot bigger role in it

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The thing is that for sure if they were to keep using Keen as X-23 then having a recasted Wolverine would be extremely awkward don't you think?

I actually don't want them to recast X-23, as others mentioned she'll grow/age quickly and we see with the MCU the power of letting audiences get emotionally invested in specific actors/actresses over multiple films. Constant recasting is a TERRIBLE idea. There is a reason people love Wolverine so much in the XCU it's because ONE actor for a LONG time and many films, it lets fans grow attached to them. That is why it's so easy, on the other hand, to attack XM:A because the cast was brand-new mainly and people are much more willing to be critical.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 05-15-2018 at 06:32 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I assume if they ever made a House of M movie it would be changed quite a bit from the comics version though, and one of the major changes would be to give Wanda a lot bigger role in it

The thing is that for sure if they were to keep using Keen as X-23 then having a recasted Wolverine would be extremely awkward don't you think?

I actually don't want them to recast X-23, as others mentioned she'll grow/age quickly and we see with the MCU the power of letting audiences get emotionally invested in specific actors/actresses over multiple films. Constant recasting is a TERRIBLE idea. There is a reason people love Wolverine so much in the XCU it's because ONE actor for a LONG time and many films, it lets fans grow attached to them. That is why it's so easy, on the other hand, to attack XM:A because the cast was brand-new mainly and people are much more willing to be critical.
    I was about to say so, I should just stop assuming everyone knows adapting comics is not the same as making a comic book movie page by page since noone has ever done that or can ever do that.

BANNED

I was about to say so, I should just stop assuming everyone knows adapting comics is not the same as making a comic book movie page by page since noone has ever done that or can ever do that.
    or has any interest in doing that. It stifles creativity. The production company buys the right to make their version of the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    or has any interest in doing that. It stifles creativity. The production company buys the right to make their version of the source material.
    It has happened though. Not a full frame by frame... but one of the ways Robert Rodriguez was able to make Sin City was proving to Miller he was making a faithful version of his book. This included taking shots that were framed exactly like the comic.

Not the same point you're making here by miles, but I could absolutely see a director wanting the challenge to bring a faithful adaptation to life after years of comic movies where liberties are taken in character development and plot points. If anything I think New Mutants might be a chance to see this done in an X-film since the director keeps going on and on about how influential the book was to his formative years.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    In DoFP it was Wolverine who got to be little more than Plot Device Lad.
    They both were.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Next.
    Well there's a few differences between a young X-23 killing and baby Groot killing, one Groot isn't human, he's an alien tree monster wheres X-23 besides having super powers is just a little human girl, also the scene with baby Groot killing was done purely for laughs where's the scenes with X-23 killing were done dead serious.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 05-15-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    They're not going to recast a universally-lauded actress who's young enough that she could continue in a role for decades.
    They can and they will. I doubt they even use X-23 for at least 10 years because Disney will have to set up their whole X line from the bottom up. They are going to want to give whoever their new Wolverine is a goo solid foundation before they even think about doing clones or other knock offs.