Page 411 of 590 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 8841
    Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I honestly skipped half this thread because it always degenerates into more XCU vs. MCU @#$% waving, and I'm sick of it.
    I thoroughly agree. There is a thread for comparing XCU and MCU.

I have probably missed a lot because I don't have time to wade through the rest of the non-related junk.

Could we possibly stay on topic? I'd actually like to read about Dark Phoenix updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    I thoroughly agree. There is a thread for comparing XCU and MCU.

I have probably missed a lot because I don't have time to wade through the rest of the non-related junk.

Could we possibly stay on topic? I'd actually like to read about Dark Phoenix updates.
    Here, here!

I asked a couple pages back if there was any new DP updates, and there was no reply, so I guess not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Here, here!

I asked a couple pages back if there was any new DP updates, and there was no reply, so I guess not.
    KatePryde just posted one. Kinberg confirming there WILL be aliens involve in the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    The awkward part of comparing regular movies to the Disney machine movies. I hate to spoil your fun but the Racoon is there for toys, same for Groot. Black Panther, Jokerz said was a cultural thing. That been said, who actually thinks this movies will be remembered months from now like Logan will be. Logan has one advantage over these films. it was the better film. Its a great film, not just a great comic film. GOTG is not a movie you should put with the x-men. the tone alone strips it away, if you want to compare GOTG to a comic film, Joel Schumacher's Batman movies are better comparisons.

What is troubling about GOTG is the movie is nothing like the comics that was Marvel's answer to DC's Legends of Tomorrow. Disney found an equation that fitted their wholesome brand to work on property people knew nothing about and it worked. This equation is now a fetish. It was used for Thor 3 that should never have been used, And they tried to use it on Solo: A star Wars Story until George Lucas stepped in and said no, 70% of Solo had to be reshot, because Lucas rejected GOTG on Star Wars, Trust me, movies as GOTG and Black Panther are beneath X-Men, As much as GOTG is way beneath Star Wars.

Lucas made the right choice. The only choice to make. If GOTG or Black Panther had been X-Men movies, We would have torn it to shreds. GOTG in particular would be X-Men's Batman and Robin. Black Panther will be called too generic for an X-Men story, the last fight in Black Panther will get the same harsh criticism as X-Men Origins no thanks to the laughable CG effects in both movies.
    George Lucas isn't involved with Lucasfilm or Solo a Star Wars story Kathleen Kennedy runs Lucasfilm.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    KatePryde just posted one. Kinberg confirming there WILL be aliens involve in the plot.
    I pray to god it's not the brood. the foxmen hsve botched enough of the xmen stories and characters as is.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

In a bit of unfortunate writing on the author's part, Kinberg is quoted as mentioning extraterrestrial characters, and then immediately saying the movie is more grounded and relatable LOL. Not that the two necessarily exclude each other, I just find it funny how they keep using the term "grounded" for this movie when all previous X-Men movies always seemed pretty grounded already, except this is the first one featuring aliens. Minor quibbles aside, I'm still quite looking forward to Dark Phoenix - for some reason it feels like a lifetime since Apocalypse came out and I'm just super hungry for the X-Men on the big screen. But at least I'll have Deadpool 2 for this weekend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    In a bit of unfortunate writing on the author's part, Kinberg is quoted as mentioning extraterrestrial characters, and then immediately saying the movie is more grounded and relatable LOL. Not that the two necessarily exclude each other, I just find it funny how they keep using the term "grounded" for this movie when all previous X-Men movies always seemed pretty grounded already, except this is the first one featuring aliens. Minor quibbles aside, I'm still quite looking forward to Dark Phoenix - for some reason it feels like a lifetime since Apocalypse came out and I'm just super hungry for the X-Men on the big screen. But at least I'll have Deadpool 2 for this weekend.
    Have you ever seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind? or an episode of Star Trek?. Have you heard of Vulcans, Klingons, Romulans , extraterrestrial characters in star trek, the greatest science fiction series known to man kind.
    If you have not heard of them, Did you watch X-Men TAS interpretation of the story, The SHIAR (extraterrestrial characters) came to kill Jean. Xavier got caught up in his feelings for Lilandra, Jean , his xmen and the fate of universe. The grounded part was... to kill or not kill jean aspect. It caused a rift between Xavier and extraterrestrial Lilandra, who was also his lover. X-Men has always been grounded and should remain grounded. The movies are grounded because they have the stories and the depth. The not grounded comic movies are that way because they don't have the story or content and need to fill it up with the CG fton.
    All I can say is this from Star Trek. It could work , if done correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tarantino; 05-17-2018 at 04:46 AM.

Sounds promising. The original Dark Phoenix Saga involved aliens and X3 thought it could get away with using none. That shows Kinberg has learned. I hope it shows in the final product.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Sounds promising. The original Dark Phoenix Saga involved aliens and X3 thought it could get away with using none. That shows Kinberg has learned. I hope it shows in the final product.
    X3 should have been its own movie, flip a coin on The Phoenix storyline or The Gifted storyline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KatePryde View Post
    Kinberg added details about the tone of his directorial debut, promising Dark Phoenix will be “a little less operatic” than past X-Men movies, saying, "It’s more intense and it's more real and grounded
    Seriously? Has this guy read the Dark Phoenix comics? It's one of the most operatic and least grounded X-Men stories of the canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Seriously? Has this guy read the Dark Phoenix comics? It's one of the most operatic and least grounded X-Men stories of the canon.
    It looks like X-Men the Animated Series will remain the best film version of the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Saga I just hope this film is good for what it is.

It's clear that Kinberg said whatever the hell came up in his head. "Extraterrestrial characters... grounded and real". He's not saying anything new, unless you take the "extraterrestrial characters" comment way too literally. Filmmakers have been known to flat out lie before. I wouldn't put much thought in that one way or the other.

I wish some actual meaty news would come up. Something that isn't just speculation or hint. But then again, nobody wants to spoil their own movie. I guess we just have to wait for the first teaser. Which should come up in July-August I think?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's clear that Kinberg said whatever the hell came up in his head. "Extraterrestrial characters... grounded and real". He's not saying anything new, unless you take the "extraterrestrial characters" comment way too literally. Filmmakers have been known to flat out lie before. I wouldn't put much thought in that one way or the other.

I wish some actual meaty news would come up. Something that isn't just speculation or hint. But then again, nobody wants to spoil their own movie. I guess we just have to wait for the first teaser. Which should come up in July-August I think?
    He's the writer and director.
    If the best he can come up with to sell his movie is random buzz words and flat out fabrication, how are we supposed to believe it's even remotely watchable?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I hate to ask concerning the term grounded or the best way to explain it. Did you understand James Cameron's ciritcsm of GOTG compared to Interstellar or The Martian? All 3 movies are fictional but GOTG is not grounded as the other 2. Grounded means actually telling a story and being more self aware, not getting too caught up in the spectacle, a very tempting thing for any space related film. Dark Phoenix could be more Interstellar and less GOTG,as a grounded movie or the Martian, made by Fox.
    Last edited by Tarantino; 05-17-2018 at 09:54 AM.