Page 412 of 590 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 8841
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    I hate to ask concerning the term grounded or the best way to explain it. Did you understand James Cameron's ciritcsm of GOTG compared to Interstellar of The Martian?
    I didn't memorise it nor do I feel inclined to go looking for it.
    But it's James Cameron, so I doubt it was very substantial.

All 3 movies are fictional but GOTG is not grounded as the other 2. Grounded means actually telling a story and being more self aware. Dark Phoenix could be more Interstellar and less GOTG,as a grounded movie or the Martian, which was made by Fox ...
    Look, you can't just make up new definitions for words to suit your argument. That is not at all what grounded means.

Definition of grounded
    : mentally and emotionally stable : admirably sensible, realistic, and unpretentious remains grounded despite all the praise and attention

making me to ask why didn't Ridley Scott direct this movie.
    ...because somebody watched his latest two Alien movies and wouldn't let him.

Okay, real answer: because Ridley 'I have no integrity' Scott is already busy making one of his progressively worse alien sequels/prequels.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Look, you can't just make up new definitions for words to suit your argument. That is not at all what grounded means.

Definition of grounded
    : mentally and emotionally stable : admirably sensible, realistic, and unpretentious remains grounded despite all the praise and attention
    Why are you just using one of the definitions? Grounded usually means to be on earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Why are you just using one of the definitions? Grounded usually means to be on earth.
    That particular definition only applies to airplanes or pilots not stories.

One does not say "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory is a grounded movie because it takes place on planet Earth".
    Last edited by Carabas; 05-17-2018 at 10:30 AM.

That particular definition only applies to airplanes or pilots not stories.

One does not say "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory is a grounded movie because it takes place on planet Earth".
    Well, duh. There is no reason to think it doesn’t take place on earth.

But in previous interviews it seems that Kinberg is speaking in that context. He says “less intergalactic and more grounded”.

BANNED

I didn't memorise it nor do I feel inclined to go looking for it.
    But it's James Cameron, so I doubt it was very substantial.

Definition of grounded

...because somebody watched his latest two Alien movies and wouldn't let him.

Okay, real answer: because Ridley 'I have no integrity' Scott is already busy making one of his progressively worse alien sequels/prequels.
    It was some of you who made up words to fit your own argument. Kinberg did not make up anything because grounded movies and extraterrestrials have been done before. it is nothing new or something he invented. Do you realise you are actually giving him credit he does not deserve by saying he wants to invent grounded movies and extraterrestrials. LOL. Gene Rodenberry is laughing in his grave.

I explained grounded movies with extraterrestrials by bringing up star trek and close encounters of the third kind, you ignored that and still said grounded cannot work with extraterrestrials when it can and has been done time and time again. Many X-MEN stories with extraterrestrials were more like Star Trek due to philosophy and politics. Its shocking to see some people act as if extraterrestrials and grounded movies cannot work, I won't find it surprising if some of you never heard of Star Trek or Close Encounters before leaving me no choice but to post this clip.

This is what a grounded movie with extraterrestrials is like. One of many. Can you imagine Dark Phoenix taking clues from this movie? X-Men already has the drama aspect down. combining the extraterrestrials aspect could be hard but could work. You know a non grounded movie with extraterrestrials? Mars Attacks.. Very different from Close Encounters. Dark Phoenix should be more close encounters to fit a grounded movie.

This clip from Close Encounters can be similar to extraterrestrials contacting Charles Xavier due to the effects of the Phoenix force. Sorry, I am still laughing at Kinberg being the first person to try and mix a grounded movie with extraterrestrials because he does not know what he is doing and trying to see what fits. LOL.
    Last edited by Tarantino; 05-17-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    It was some of you who made up words to fit your own argument. Kinberg did not make up anything because grounded movies and extraterrestrials have been done before. it is nothing new or something he invented. Do you realise you are actually giving him credit he does not deserve by saying he wants to invent grounded movies and extraterrestrials. LOL. Gene Rodenberry is laughing in his grave.

I explained grounded movies with extraterrestrials by bringing up star trek and close encounters of the third kind, you ignored that and still said grounded cannot work with extraterrestrials when it can and has been done time and time again. Many X-MEN stories with extraterrestrials were more like Star Trek due to philosophy and politics. Its shocking to see some people act as if extraterrestrials and grounded movies cannot work, I won't find it surprising if some of you never heard of Star Trek or Close Encounters before leaving me no choice but to post this clip.

This is what a grounded movie with extraterrestrials is like. One of many. Can you imagine Dark Phoenix taking clues from this movie? X-Men already has the drama aspect down. combining the extraterrestrials aspect could be hard but could work. You know a non grounded movie with extraterrestrials? Mars Attacks.. Very different from Close Encounters. Dark Phoenix should be more close encounters to fit a grounded movie.

This clip from Close Encounters can be similar to extraterrestrials contacting Charles Xavier due to the effects of the Phoenix force. Sorry, I am still laughing at Kinberg being the first person to try and mix a grounded movie with extraterrestrials because he does not know what he is doing and trying to see what fits. LOL.
    Gene was cremated.

Also when discussing the issues they tackled on Star Trek he said "One can over intellectualize what we did but we always told stories of action and adventures"

I love when creator know what they made and don't try to over sell it because it's not needed like Lucas saying he made a film for 12 year olds with Star Wars.

Dark Phoenix had heart but it was also a cosmic space story too with action and adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Dark Phoenix had heart but it was also a cosmic space story too with action and adventure.
    I think it’s a scretch to call Dark Phoenix a cosmic story considering 99% of it takes place within Earth’s orbit. Jean flying to another galaxy only lasts for a few pages.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-17-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I think it’s a scretch to call Dark Phoenix a cosmic story considering 99% of it takes place within Earth’s orbit. Jean flying to another galaxy only lasts for a few pictures.
    I think he's confusing it with the 90s cartoon version of it.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 05-17-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Are people still triggered by the word grounded? Really?

BANNED

Has there been any news on this movie over the last three months and if not, why is it constantly at the top of the topic list?

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    I know right, I think what he means by grounded is it's tone will be, like more character based and less action focused.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Only some that like Marvel/Disney movies honestly. The word grounded should be familar with anyone who reads X-Men or Batman comics.

The two greatest xmen movies (Logan and X2) were among the most grounded of the series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    I know right, I think what he means by grounded is it's tone will be, like more character based and less action focused.
    Like Fantastic Four or Apocalypse?

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Like Fantastic Four or Apocalypse?
    No, what do those movies have to do with what he meant by grounded when he was just talking about the Dark Phoenix film.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 05-17-2018 at 01:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Has there been any news on this movie over the last three months and if not, why is it constantly at the top of the topic list?
    Not actually..NO, if it was still coming out in November there would have been a trailer to discuss truthfully. I just pray all this push back and reschedules is worth it in the end when the Disney/Fox deals hopefully fails and Fox can get back on their oringal program.