Page 413 of 590 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463513 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 8841

I dunno about anyone else, but if there’s one word I want to describe a story about super powered mutants fighting alien warriors on the moon over a primordial cosmic force of death and rebirth, it’s “grounded”

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I dunno about anyone else, but if there’s one word I want to describe a story about super powered mutants fighting alien warriors on the moon over a primordial cosmic force of death and rebirth, it’s “grounded”
    Except part wasn’t really in the story.

Also, that’s not what Dark Phoenix was about.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-17-2018 at 01:20 PM.

District 9 has aliens in it but I wouldn't describe that movie has a cosmic movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    No, what do those movies have to do with what he meant by grounded when he was just talking about the Dark Phoenix film.
    Kinberg actually said that Fantastic Four was grounded. He also defended Fantastic Four movie as movie full of very good plots and tone.

He also add that tone of this movie wasn't Fantastic Four-like.
    Which means that he will create something similar to fantastic four (2015) as dark phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Well, duh. There is no reason to think it doesn’t take place on earth.

But in previous interviews it seems that Kinberg is speaking in that context. He says “less intergalactic and more grounded”.
    And you seriously think in this sentence that means "on the actual ground" and not "realistic".

I mean... the phrase "more grounded" itself spells it out. Realistic/unrealistic is a scale. You can be more realistic or less realistic.
    On Earth/in space is a binary yes/no thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Kinberg actually said that Fantastic Four was grounded. He also defended Fantastic Four movie as movie full of very good plots and tone.

He also add that tone of this movie wasn't Fantastic Four-like.
    Which means that he will create something similar to fantastic four (2015) as dark phoenix.
    Wow cool thanks for sharing, like people on here have already said there's different ways you can interpret what he meant by grounded.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 05-17-2018 at 01:30 PM.

BANNED

Wow cool thanks for sharing, he wasn't talking about that movie this time, and like people on here have already said there's different ways you can interpret what he meant by grounded.
    different ways? he wrote script for fantastic four movie and described this movie as grounded movie.

Right now he is creating movie. His grounded movie should be similar to his other groudned movies. Right?

That's not mine definition. That's his definition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    It was some of you who made up words to fit your own argument. Kinberg did not make up anything because grounded movies and extraterrestrials have been done before. it is nothing new or something he invented. Do you realise you are actually giving him credit he does not deserve by saying he wants to invent grounded movies and extraterrestrials.
    You may want to reread my post.

different ways? he wrote script for fantastic four movie and described this movie as grounded movie.

Right now he is creating movie. His grounded movie should be similar to his other groudned movies. Right?

That's not mine definition. That's his definition.
    Yeah and that other movie was hated beyond belief so I think it's safe to assume he's not copying that movie a 2nd time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I think it’s a scretch to call Dark Phoenix a cosmic story considering 99% of it takes place within Earth’s orbit. Jean flying to another galaxy only lasts for a few pages.
    The crux of the plot is not-Jean exploding a star and an intergalactic empire getting their knickers in a twist over it.
    Plus, stories that have a genuine cosmic entity as the main character are cosmic stories even if they take place entirely on earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Are people still triggered by the word grounded? Really?
    We're only talkin about it because Jaddor IV has turned it into a fetish but still doesn't know what it means.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And you seriously think in this sentence that means "on the actual ground" and not "realistic".

I mean... the phrase "more grounded" itself spells it out. Realistic/unrealistic is a scale. You can be more realistic or less realistic.
    On Earth/in space is a binary yes/no thing.
    That wasn’t even a direct quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The crux of the plot is not-Jean exploding a star and an intergalactic empire getting their knickers in a twist over it.
    Plus, stories that have a genuine cosmic entity as the main character are cosmic stories even if they take place entirely on earth.
    Except the dark phoenix wasn't a cosmic entity in the story until years later when they rectoned it into so they could bring Jean back, during that story it was just Jean's power, no phoenix force or anything.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 05-17-2018 at 05:53 PM.

BANNED

Yeah and that other movie was hated beyond belief so I think it's safe to assume he's not copying that movie a 2nd time.
    Why?
    He created Apocalypse after Last Stand. That was 2nd time. Fantastic Four was 3rd time.

He also said that actual tone of this movie is great but this tone is not very good for F4 movie. That means that he can create something similar because he believes that this tone is good.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 05-17-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Why?
    He created Apocalypse after Last Stand. That was 2nd time. Fantastic Four was 3rd time.

He also said that actual tone of this movie is great but this tone is not very good for F4 movie. That means that he can create something similar because he believes that this tone is good.
    Bro he wasn't even the main person working on those films, and most of the problems with those films were either caused by the other fox producers, Singer himself, or Josh Trank, I'm not saying he perfect but for the love of god let's see what he does first on his own before we crucifie him for it, jeez.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 05-17-2018 at 01:46 PM.