Page 448 of 590 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Why do people think X-Force won’t happen after Deadpool 2’s success?
    It all depends when it goes into production if they can fast track no brainer but with the Disney deal it was said the Doom movie is currently in limbo until the deal is done.

I want to go on record as saying I'm very excited and hopeful for this movie. I'm really rooting for it to succeed where X3 failed so miserably. However, the more I read about this movie, the more convinced I am that it's being set up for failure and for all the wrong reasons. By that, I mean too many superhero movie fans may have already decided that this movie is terrible and there's no way to convince them otherwise. It's not in the MCU. It doesn't involve Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, or Ryan Reynolds. Therefore, it must be terrible. It's a stupid reason to hate a movie, especially when it isn't finished and we haven't even seen a trailer. But I'm already getting the sense that X-men Dark Phoenix may already be doomed because of a perception problem that it didn't create. Anybody else get that same feeling? I did an article about it on my website recently. If you want to read more about how I came to this conclusion, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I want to go on record as saying I'm very excited and hopeful for this movie. I'm really rooting for it to succeed where X3 failed so miserably. However, the more I read about this movie, the more convinced I am that it's being set up for failure and for all the wrong reasons. By that, I mean too many superhero movie fans may have already decided that this movie is terrible and there's no way to convince them otherwise. It's not in the MCU. It doesn't involve Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, or Ryan Reynolds. Therefore, it must be terrible. It's a stupid reason to hate a movie, especially when it isn't finished and we haven't even seen a trailer. But I'm already getting the sense that X-men Dark Phoenix may already be doomed because of a perception problem that it didn't create. Anybody else get that same feeling? I did an article about it on my website recently. If you want to read more about how I came to this conclusion, here's a link:

Yes, I agree with you, MarvelMaster.

I am Hopeful for this movie. I think they have learned from the sins of the past with X3. So, I don't think those will be recreated. But others could exist. And squeezing too much in one movie could also happen and also be changed from the comics version. I am still excited for this movie at this point.

I also agree with the doomed perception of fans this far out from the premiere. But perhaps as it gets closer and we see glimpse of the movie, it will turn around? Also, once people see it and like it, positive word of mouth may help.

Hi, I replied to your reddit post earlier. I don't think you'll get much flak in this thread about it. Rightly so, because this is an XCU fan thread for the most part.

I have to disagree with this while an MCU fan the Fox X-Men brand is stronger now than in the early 00's which it never dominated Raimi's Spider-Man did ironically only Last Stand ever broke into the top 5 grossing films of a year domestically. But right now while Apocalypse may have been mediocre they've also have had a string of really good X-Men films with First Class, The Wolverine, DOFP, Logan, and the Deadpool franchise also they got two good TV shows. Yes some want to see the X-Men in the MCU but a lot of the issues plaguing Dark Phoenix's production plagued Deadpool's production and it turned out fine to the point people worry Disney might mess a good thing with that franchise. Honestly if Dark Phoenix fails I see less as people wanting to fulfill self prophecies and more especially with redoing Dark Phoenix after Last Stand of Fool me once shame on you Fool me twice shame on me and Fox dropping the ball.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Hi, I replied to your reddit post earlier. I don't think you'll get much flak in this thread about it. Rightly so, because this is an XCU fan thread for the most part.
    You HAVE been reading this thread, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You HAVE been reading this thread, right?
    I'm going to respond to this with a bit of unrelated humor because I'm in a pretty good mood:

Well, I have negative expectations about the movie. Sorry. I'm not influenced by movie websites, or fans. I mean almost everybody praised Black Panther, and yet I think the movie was stupid. (Well, in the scale of Pacific Rim 1 being clever and Pacific Rim Uprising being stupid.)

It's just that I don't trust Simon Kinberg as a writer/producer/improvised director.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yes some want to see the X-Men in the MCU but a lot of the issues plaguing Dark Phoenix's production plagued Deadpool's production and it turned out fine to the point people worry Disney might mess a good thing with that franchise. Honestly if Dark Phoenix fails I see less as people wanting to fulfill self prophecies and more especially with redoing Dark Phoenix after Last Stand of Fool me once shame on you Fool me twice shame on me and Fox dropping the ball.
    any examples?

Fox didn't want to create Deadpool movie.
    Fox really wants to create Dark Phoenix.

where are similarities?

different directors, different writers, less kinberg and singer in dp

deadpool = trying to create something different
    dark phoenix = trying to do more of the same

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    any examples?

Fox didn't want to create Deadpool movie.
    Fox really wants to create Dark Phoenix.

where are similarities?

different directors, different writers, less kinberg and singer in dp

deadpool = trying to create something different
    dark phoenix = trying to do more of the same
    Deadpool 2 not the original and Deadpool 2 production had many of the same issues rumors of disastrous test screenings and the need for reshoots to "Fix" the film yet Deadpool 2 had a great reception and is doing fine.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Deadpool 2 not the original and Deadpool 2 production had many of the same issues rumors of disastrous test screenings and the need for reshoots to "Fix" the film yet Deadpool 2 had a great reception and is doing fine.
    According to Manabyte the test screenings for Dark Phoenix had mostly good but some really bad reactions.

BANNED

Stop using Conrad as a source.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Stop using Conrad as a source.
    Yay, he was completely right about the Deadpool 2 spoilers.

Sorry friend, but I have to call you out here. That was really badly written. Saying that people have negative expectations about Dark Phoenix because it's not an MCU movie is a gross oversimplification at best and downright stupid statement at worst. If that were true most MCU fans wouldn't love Deadpool and Logan. But they do.

BANNED

but Dark Phoenix rumors about quality were... this movie is weaker than dofp
    second rumor was: this movie is very similar to previous movies (another scene about xavier and magneto, more scenes without costumes etc) and this sounds very probable. It also means that people who didn't like previous x-men movies won't like this movie. People who like them will probabky like it.

DP2 wasn't postponed so reshoots were smaller.

I still don't see similarities.