Page 474 of 590 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 8841

Personally, I don’t care how bad Dark Phoenix may be, according to the rumours, I still want to see the film
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Personally, I don’t care how bad Dark Phoenix may be, according to the rumours, I still want to see the film
    Me too. I find all the rumors and unwarranted hatred to be pretty absurd. At the same time, though, I worry that this movie will under-perform because too many people are already assuming it's bad without having seen it. I also think some just hate it because it's not in the MCU, which is a terrible reason to hate a superhero movie. Simon Kinberg has gone on record as saying he made a mistake with X3. He wants to correct it. When was the last time any major Hollywood producer ever showed that kind of humility? I think that bodes well for this movie and near as I can tell, the cast has been very vocal about how much they've enjoyed making it. I don't remember hearing stories like that with X3 and I think that'll show in the finished product.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I think people love to hate on the X-Men movies. It took almost 10 years for the MCU to figure out how to make a great superhero movie and the X-Men will eventually get there too. The first X-Men movie came out 18 years ago, and compared to other early 2000s comic book adaptation, I think it was more than ok. Origins and The Last Stand were bad adaptation of the comics, but take a look at this list of 2006 blockbusters and 2009 blockbusters just to remember the overall quality of what we had in movie theaters 10 years ago. They're not my number one big budget movie of the year, but they're easily in my top five favorites for their respective years.

I'm hoping Dark Phoenix is a new start for the X-Men movies..I think Kinberg learned from past mistakes and genuinely wants to make a good Jean Grey/Phoenix story. To me the reshoots are an indication that they are taking this project seriously and want to make the best movie possible. From what I've read the reshoots are not going to take more than 3 weeks so they're probably not making any major changes to the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if they are just reshooting some scenes with better lighting or something technical like that since Kinberg is a first time director.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I think people love to hate on the X-Men movies. It took almost 10 years for the MCU to figure out how to make a great superhero movie and the X-Men will eventually get there too. The first X-Men movie came out 18 years ago, and compared to other early 2000s comic book adaptation, I think it was more than ok. Origins and The Last Stand were bad adaptation of the comics, but take a look at this list of 2006 blockbusters and 2009 blockbusters just to remember the overall quality of what we had in movie theaters 10 years ago. They're not my number one big budget movie of the year, but they're easily in my top five favorites for their respective years.

I'm hoping Dark Phoenix is a new start for the X-Men movies..I think Kinberg learned from past mistakes and genuinely wants to make a good Jean Grey/Phoenix story. To me the reshoots are an indication that they are taking this project seriously and want to make the best movie possible. From what I've read the reshoots are not going to take more than 3 weeks so they're probably not making any major changes to the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if they are just reshooting some scenes with better lighting or something technical like that since Kinberg is a first time director.
    Ahem...
    iromarotte.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The MCU has had some misses over the years, but they definitely got it on their first try. For the time, the first X-Men movie was just ok. It wasn't anything ground breaking. And spider man came out not too long after that and is considered a better movie.

The MCU had a hit with the first Iron Man movie. I think Iron Man is a good movie, but I said 'great' superhero movie because I was thinking about Infinity Wars. Iron Man was fun but Infinity Wars had depth that you would typically not expect from a big budget movie, and it took them 10 years to get there.
    I would like to see a similar progression with the X-Men movies. The first X-Men from 2000 was fun (not 90+% on Tomato Meter fun, but not bad for a 2000 comic book adaptation), and it's time for the X-Men movies to mature and find their Infinity Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Agreed. At this rate I don't care if it under-performs or the reviews are awful, if it comes out I will watch it, maybe multiple times if I enjoy it. I've already mentally prepared for this to be the last X-Men movie I will enjoy (along with New Mutants) so I just don't care at this point.

BANNED

God dammit, can we not get into the whole XCU vs. MCU thing AGAIN?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Apocalypse wasn't rushed. Fox simply did not do the best job with the adaptation, plus they didn't have access to Disney's multimedia marketing machine. Now they do.
    The screenplay for that felt very rushed. Like they were throwing in whatever ideas they had without giving it second thought. If it's not rushed then they are really incompetent writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You ask for too much, sweet child.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    You ask for too much, sweet child.
    This debate is going to be around longggg after Marvel Studios integrates the X-Men into their movies.

Maybe there's be something else to talk about if Fox released some actual promotional material for this movie....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Yeah that debate can get old. But we can't ignore the fact that the MCU is going to be a template that Disney is going to use to develop their XCU.
    I think Fox's XCU had a chance at being completely different from the MCU with Logan. That movie did something really interesting with the superhero genre and I would have loved to see more movies like that. But I don't think it's the direction Disney will pick unfortunately.

Regardless, I'm excited about Dark Phoenix. I don't think any of the bad press and comments are justified given how little we really know about the movie at this point.

Given how little information there is, given the delays, given Kinbergs previous work in this franchise, how is a positive outlook justified?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Given how little information there is, given the delays, given Kinbergs previous work in this franchise, how is a positive outlook justified?
    Ok so the lack of information is a problem, I agree with you on that one. I'm not trying to make excuses for that, but the merger and a brief period of uncertainty about the release of the movie could have something to do with it. But now that Disney has confirmed the movie is going to be released they need to start promoting it like yesterday.

The delays aren't a sign that there is something wrong with the movie. They are doing 2-3 weeks of reshoots. I think reshoots happen more often than we realize. And the 2-3 weeks time frame means it's probably not something major. They had to reshoot a significant portion of Deadpool 2 and it was still a solid sequel.

About Kinberg's previous work in the franchise...he co-wrote scripts and produced previous movies. He has never written an entire script by himself, and has never had control over how his script was brought to the screen before Dark Phoenix. It's hard to tell how much of a responsibility he has for previous movies not being as good as they should have been. Singer was a pretty big creative influence on previous movies and I honestly don't think he ever cared about telling good stories. I think he's just a creep who got into the movie industry to be in a position of power.

Kinberg has been writing scripts about the X-Men since 2006. He has been involved in a number of sci fi projects like Elysium, Chappie and the Martian as far as producing. I think there are a lot more talented screenwriters than him in the industry, but he is in it for the right reasons and wants to tell good X-Men stories. He has admitted that the previous take on the Dark Phoenix didn't turn out like it should have, and I think that is a positive attitude to have. It shows that there is growth, that he can look at his own work critically, and that there is a will to learn from mistakes. I think he is genuinely trying to tell the phoenix story right this time by dedicating an entire movie to it.

Sophie Turner is another reason for my positive outlook on the movie. Have you seen her in Games of Thrones? I think she can bring a lot to the X-Men franchise acting-wise. And I have one positive thing to say about previous X-Men movies. Imo, we haven't got the X-Men movie we deserve yet, but there has been a constant improvement of how team dynamics are portrayed and I think/hope this will continue in the two upcoming movies.

People need to give the movie a chance. At least don't decide you hate it until they release a horrible trailer or something like that