Page 489 of 590 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539589 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 8841
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Stewart was criminally snubbed in Logan. The Oscars are a joke for not nominating him. McAvoy's Xavier made me sad. Stewart broke my heart.
    Logan got screwed in general. In addition to Stewart being overlooked, Daf should have gotten a Supporting Actress nod, and while the effects weren't as in-your-face as the typical overly-CGIed spectacle films, there was extensive use of special and practical effects throughout. But I guess that seamlessness worked against it since it wasn't as obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Logan got screwed in general. In addition to Stewart being overlooked, Daf should have gotten a Supporting Actress nod, and while the effects weren't as in-your-face as the typical overly-CGIed spectacle films, there was extensive use of special and practical effects throughout. But I guess that seamlessness worked against it since it wasn't as obvious.
    There were Reavers' robotic limbs and some decent wirework. I would like to know others, if it was so seamless that I didn't notice.

What I did notice though, in some scenes, was Logan's claws looking like they're made out of plastic and that he's clearly holding them between his fingers, instead of looking like they're coming out of his knuckles.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 09-10-2018 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    There were Reavers' robotic limbs and some decent wirework. I would like to know others, if it was so seamless that I didn't notice.

What I did notice though, in some scenes, was Logan's claws looking like they're made out of plastic and that he's clearly holding them between his fingers, instead of looking like they're coming out of his knuckles.
    Logan's special and practical effects were not as noticeable or as disappointing compared to the overly-CGIed spectacle films like Black Panther that some think is Oscar material compared to Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If you look at things in an alternative sense, the nomination for adapted screenplay was the Oscars way of recognising all of them including James Mangold and Hugh Jackman without doing it individually. The Oscars are a joke anyway, A bigger joke now with their popular category that never saw the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I hope that's the case. It would make a lot of sense. X-men fans will already be watching. This will just heighten their excitement and I'm all for that.
    I thought that was going to be the plan. With Legion, Gifted and Deadpool, they could build hype for each other and Dark Phoenix even if they aren't in the same continuity ala DC. We'll see what they do.
    Gifted's hype game is on point, while I feel DP hasn't started.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    I thought that was going to be the plan. With Legion, Gifted and Deadpool, they could build hype for each other and Dark Phoenix even if they aren't in the same continuity ala DC. We'll see what they do.
    Gifted's hype game is on point, while I feel DP hasn't started.
    Who is playing Phoenix again, it's not the Jean from X2.

Let the Oscar thing go already.

BANNED

Careful, Selina - your masks are slipping

I don't understand what you mean here. Sorry.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I guess you haven’t following this film have you?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-11-2018 at 12:15 AM.

Maybe Maybe Concept art X-Men Dark Phoenix art by Vicent Morin part 1 of 3

Last edited by juan678; 09-11-2018 at 04:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    p.s. the only sad thing would be that FOX cannot use the Acanti race because they were basically already "stolen" from Joss Wheadon for The Avengers...
    Fox is now owned by Disney. So they can use anything. It's probably too late to make those changes, but in after the credits role they can definitely link the X-Men to MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Fox is now owned by Disney. So they can use anything. It's probably too late to make those changes, but in after the credits role they can definitely link the X-Men to MCU.
    No, they couldn't.
    Fox being owned by Disney doesn't give them access to any of the other the stuff that is also owned by Disney. They can only use what their contract allows them to use. Plus, Disney won't actually own Fox for another year or so.

On the other hand, they could use the Acanti just fine. The MCU Leviathans are not in any way whatsoever linked to the Acanti. That's just the comics versions of them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I did not mean legally. I only think they cannot use the Acanti as an armed fleet for the Brood in X-Men: Dark Phoenix from a creative standpoint because the movie The Avengers basically used a similar looking race to invade New York City. Audiences will think the X-Men are ripping off The Avengers although Whedon took the inspiration surely from the X-Men comic books.

I only think the Brood and everything that comes with them would make a visually more compelling villain than the boring Skrulls...even if it would be only for a third act CGI fight...

Fang.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-11-2018 at 06:01 AM.