Jean
    Storm
    Beast
    Nightcrawler
    Quicksilver
    Jubilee
    Sunfire

with the villains maybe being a new Helfire Club or Sinister

also would love Psylocke to come back...as an anti hero that helps out in the end or a full villain , maybe the White or Black Queen who helps manipulating Jean.
    X-Men:

Professor X

Cyclops
    Jean
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Quicksilver
    Jubilee

The Marauders:

Mr. Sinister

Sabertooth
    Malice(possessing Jean)
    Vertigo
    Blockbuster
    Scrambler
    Riptide
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-22-2017 at 04:23 PM.

BANNED

this movie is a bad idea. they will mess it up like they did the AOA storyline.

the x-men movies should be more focused on their smaller story arc, the big story arcs like the dark phoenix saga and aoa are too huge and complex to be condensed into a single movie.

fox also needs to ditched this cast and reboot fully.

how the heck can xavier be in this film and still be played by james mcvoy. same goes for the hoult who plays beast.

they should be in their early late 50s and early 60s. this is getting ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    I didn't take that as a healing factor at all.

His wings were barely just beginning to grow in, and he began the process of cutting them because he was ashamed and scared. The scene itself doesn't imply even a little bit that he "cut them off", and implied that they were just growing in.

At that point, they healed yes, but over the course of what was it 10 years? All human bodies heal to some point over time. So yes, his wings that were just barely coming in and were not severely mutilated, were able to heal naturally over the course of 10 years.

That was not an implied healing power.
    The fact that they weren't removed via surgery would mean that they just kept growing back.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    this movie is a bad idea. they will mess it up like they did the AOA storyline.

I really really really hope X-MEN: Apocalypse doesn't stop an eventual X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE from releasing.

*Long sigh*

And this *long sigh* is coming from someone whose first X Men Movie was the last stand.

And we all know Singer will be involved.

BANNED

Have much better actors, do a good job writing the script and the affects and the Dark Phoenix storyline is well worth it. Include the Shi'ar. Thor, the Avengers, and GOG all have cosmic storylines and no the MCU does not have the monopoly on having species and intersellar travel. If anything Star Wars and Star Trek, Doctor Who, and countless other tv shows and movies did it long before Guardians of the Galaxy.

Part of the reason the X-Men universe underperformed is Singer originally did not incorporate the cosmic and the magical elements of the X-Men Universe. The first time the X-Men finally went high stakes sci fi is with DOFP and that was a big hit. X-Men: Apocalypse screwed up the execution, but that was meant to introduce audiences to cosmic elements like an immortal mutant using alien technology, and the Phoenix. Clearly that was a prelude to X-Men: Dark Phoenix being cosmic. Magneto's power levels were finally upgraded to his levels in the comics (ability to make force fields as well as actually control the electromagnetic spectrum and actually fly as opposed to just barely levitate).

But finally they embraced the fantastic elements, including bad futures like OML, Deadpool, etc. Happy that Magik is in the New Mutants, and Jean is Phoenix. By incorporate magic and cosmic forces Fox can finally adapt the masterpieces from the comics that made them a hit (written by Chris Claremont).

BANNED

Btw, Fox still made money in X-Men: Apocalypse. At the box office it made three times the budget, which is a financial success.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

It's way too earlier for a film about the Dark Phoenix. We're just meeting Jean she's only had one film in a supporting role I think jumping right into Phoenix or DP is a mistake it doesn't give the audience a chance to care about her or her fate. I hate to be a cynic but FOX continues to rush through characters stories and beats without any real focus or direction, we don't know the team they haven't had the time to grow to care for Jean or the power inside her this is a story that requires time, subtly, and possibly two films.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Have much better actors, do a good job writing the script and the affects and the Dark Phoenix storyline is well worth it. Include the Shi'ar. Thor, the Avengers, and GOG all have cosmic storylines and no the MCU does not have the monopoly on having species and intersellar travel. If anything Star Wars and Star Trek, Doctor Who, and countless other tv shows and movies did it long before Guardians of the Galaxy.

Part of the reason the X-Men universe underperformed is Singer originally did not incorporate the cosmic and the magical elements of the X-Men Universe. The first time the X-Men finally went high stakes sci fi is with DOFP and that was a big hit. X-Men: Apocalypse screwed up the execution, but that was meant to introduce audiences to cosmic elements like an immortal mutant using alien technology, and the Phoenix. Clearly that was a prelude to X-Men: Dark Phoenix being cosmic. Magneto's power levels were finally upgraded to his levels in the comics (ability to make force fields as well as actually control the electromagnetic spectrum and actually fly as opposed to just barely levitate).

But finally they embraced the fantastic elements, including bad futures like OML, Deadpool, etc. Happy that Magik is in the New Mutants, and Jean is Phoenix. By incorporate magic and cosmic forces Fox can finally adapt the masterpieces from the comics that made them a hit (written by Chris Claremont).
    I totally agree. It can be done.

I just hope that it will be done and that a great movie will be made. And hey, if it needs to be 4 hours in length, in order to incorporate all the necessary elements, fine, count me in!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 04-22-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    I get the feeling no one at Fox actually understands The Dark Phoenix Saga. They probably think it boils down to "X-Men vs. Super Powered Jean". We can do that in 2 hours!
    I agree with this I think, understandably to an extent, that's how the movie executives see it.

Heck maybe they can pull it off. Maybe if they do things different than in the comics it can be done in one film. Illl withhold judgment until it actually comes out. But my hopes aren't that high.

If they butcher Phoenix again we will probably not see it ever done properly on the big screen. Not for a while anyway.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    It's way too earlier for a film about the Dark Phoenix. We're just meeting Jean she's only had one film in a supporting role I think jumping right into Phoenix or DP is a mistake it doesn't give the audience a chance to care about her or her fate. I hate to be a cynic but FOX continues to rush through characters stories and beats without any real focus or direction, we don't know the team they haven't had the time to grow to care for Jean or the power inside her this is a story that requires time, subtly, and possibly two films.
    Famke Janssen aged out of the role. Actors don't stay young forever, nor do they live forever.

And good grief, Marvel introduced Iron Man, Cap, and Thor as standalone films and there was no buildup for them. People don't need to see the life of a character dragged out over years if not decades. Do a good movie that stands out on its own and people will like the film on it's own merits.

Also, when you have good actors considering roles, you want to give them something to do or else they won't want to come back. Anna Paquin is likely done with the X-men, as they never gave Rogue anything to do. Build up doesn't work in films. You need to do a strong introduction when you introduce characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I agree with this I think, understandably to an extent, that's how the movie executives see it.

Heck maybe they can pull it off. Maybe if they do things different than in the comics it can be done in one film. Illl withhold judgment until it actually comes out. But my hopes aren't that high.

If they butcher Phoenix again we will probably not see it ever done properly on the big screen. Not for a while anyway.
    They actually showed Jean as Phoenix and strongly implied there was more than just Jean's mutant powers going on. This was in a film where an immortal mutant was using advanced technology to transfer himself from host to host. This is after they did DOFP, which dealt with time travel. What we saw at the end of X:MA was clearly not superpowered Jean Grey, and the fact the film's titles have been X-Men: Supernova and X-Men: Dark Phoenix shows this is very different from the last stand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I totally agree. It can be done.

I just hope that it will be done and that a great movie will be made. And hey, if it needs to be 4 hours in length, in order to incorporate all the necessary elements, fine, count me in!
    You're not going to get 4 hours, nor do you need 4 hours for this story. The Dark Phoenix saga is a very good story that can easily be done in two hours.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Honestly as a fan of Jean and the Phoenix Force I am expecting it to suck based on most the Xfilms produced so far.

It needs to be a space opera with the Shair but It will most likely be Jean going multi personality in a series of red dresses or black spandex costumes if Fox keeps it's low standards.

Heres a funny idea, what if Jean goes into the Phoenix Cocoon as Sophie and comes out of it as Famke lol.