Page 514 of 590 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 8841
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    That is not my argument. I’m saying that they would indeed have made similar choices in regards to the Phoenix story.
    Read again what you just wrote.
    You just wrote they are incapable of doing two different things with the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    That is not my argument. I’m saying that they would indeed have made similar choices in regards to the Phoenix story. I wouldn’t be surprised if this movie was taking inspiration from that show. It seems that they did with DOFP with Sentinels having mutant powers.

He still looks back on them with fondness, except X3. He views Fox’s Magneto as the greatest movie villain and that inspired their take with Loki.
    That's over stating it he called Magneto one of the best villains in comics and film and wanted a villain as complex and dynamic for the MCU

I’ve been surprised and happy that so many cast members and characters have gotten that response. Hiddleston is a case in himself. We discovered that when we were going around the world promoting the movie, in Moscow and in the the U.K. and in Rome, and all these people behind the barricades at the premieres were holding “Loki’s Armies” signs or wearing homemade helmets with horns on it. We sat around years ago saying we needed a villain in the MCU, as complex and dynamic as Magneto is. Magneto is one of the best villains in both the comics and in the movies. The way that Tom brought Loki to life, with all of those different emotions and up to Hulk smashing him into the ground, we’re already having fun with Tom on the set of "Dark World." We hope to have that continue. Even if you didn’t read comics or weren’t versed in mythology and had no idea who Loki was -- and he’s kind of out there with his big horns -- they responded to him, particularly women. Tom is an amazing looking specimen but also because of that darkness, I think they find a sexiness with him as a badboy.”

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Read again what you just wrote.
    You just wrote they are incapable of doing two different things with the Phoenix.
    Can you quote the part where I said they were incapable? No, I said they are into making their own storylines with elements from pre-existing stories. I doubt they would have ever done the “weakest X-Man to strongest” and “good-girl-gone-bad” angle due to how painfully predictable that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That's over stating it he called Magneto one of the best villains in comics and film and wanted a villain as complex and dynamic for the MCU
    You’re right. I was over stating it. Though when I watched Thor: The Dark World which had Loki imprisoned, broken out, aided the heroes, and do something evil behind their back, I was instantly reminded of Magneto from X2. And I think that quote was from around its release.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-25-2018 at 02:59 PM.

So. I like the choice of music. Hopefully that pertains to the actual finality of this filmverse. Can't believe they changed her origin like that. Justice for Annie Richardson!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

If Jean uses the Phoenix to reset the X-Men into the MCU I will laugh out loud in the theater.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    If Jean uses the Phoenix to reset the X-Men into the MCU I will laugh out loud in the theater.
    Naw, that will happen in X-Force with Hope.

I'm still a fan of the 'she burns everything and the screen goes white' ending.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm still a fan of the 'she burns everything and the screen goes white' ending.

I think the original planned ending to X3 wasn't too far from that.

Maybe we can harness Kinberg's proclivities and steer him back in that direction!

Nah, the original ending had Jean going off into space to create life elsewhere. Similar to Dr. Manhattan at the end of Watchmen.

It would be amusing if they ripped off DC Rebirth and have Jean create the MCU.

Btw, does anybody notice that Beast looks bigger?

I'm looking forward to all the naysayers and those who were convinced that the movie wasn't coming out completely backtrack on everything they've said

Looking at you, Grace Randolph...

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post

Looking at you, Grace Randolph...
    Jessica Chastain, is that you?

BANNED

Didn't Randolph backtrack by saying Disney is going to release Dark Phoenix to distract from the James Gunn firing or something?

https://goo.gl/images/CZXPa5 People still listen to Grace Randolph?