Page 562 of 590 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How about African-African Magneto, survivor of the genocide in Rwanda?
    Not bad I'd like to see him tied if going that root to one of the Eastern European Genocides in the 90's and be a Holocaust descendent simply to reveal him as Wanda's dad. I'm being selfish there and admit it.

BANNED

How about African-African Magneto, survivor of the genocide in Rwanda?
    How about stopping this Jewish erasure trend that borders anti semitism?

Mighty Member

In 2016, I joked about how Kingdom Hearts 3 would come out before Dark Phoenix and New Mutants. Come 2018, I've been right on multiple levels.

As for the Magneto race-bending debate, I'd advocate for a Chinese survivor of Imperial Japanese experimentation, seeing how Japan was every bit as brutal to the Chinese people as Nazi Germany was to Jews, but that brings up some unfortunate implications on trying to paint who was worse.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 09-29-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Trailer is released on Thursday, film gets pushed back on Friday. What I can take away from this is there is an inner struggle going on between the producers of the film and the business merge that is coming.

BANNED

To all those advocating to race bend Magneto... How'd you feel if Black panther was race bended into a Jewish man that rules a technological advanced Jewish country but did nothing during the holocaust and on and on? Wouldn't you be offended that one of your most prominent characters gets racebent to something completely different? Because that's exactly how other feels when you propose to change Magneto to fit your personal agenda,
    please have more empathy with other people experiences

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Magento being a survivor of the Rwanda genocide doesn’t automatically make him not Jewish. Those things don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

Give up Jewish Magneto, get Jewish Iceman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Magento being a survivor of the Rwanda genocide doesn’t automatically make him not Jewish. Those things don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
    You're dismissing the importance and tragedy of the holocaust, and what it meant and means to Jewish people all around the world, what it teaches us about humanity at its best and worst, all you to fit the personal agenda of certain groups that are dismissive of anti semitism or think their struggles matter more than other's struggles around the world

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Give up black storm, get black Colossus ? Because this is the equivalent, you're proposing to erase a prominent Jewish character for a C lister, no exchanges, I'll never ask for a black character to get race bended to fit Jewish needs and I expect the same from others

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Kitty is Jewish. seriously as much as I love magneto, kitty would be a better role model for jewish kids than magneto. I can compare her role in DOFP story to Ann Frank. very similar.

We already have gay Iceman. Domino or Rogue should be jewish. The Summers family should be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    X-Men movies were probably the first film series that made directors an issue and showed how a director can make or break a film with the down fall from X2 and X3.

The Burton and Schumacher Batman films say hi.
    Yup. So does the Blade trilogy and even more the Alien franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post

All these comic movies are as much as the directors film as they are marvel and DC films. Many of these directors who came from small budgeted films background were pushed into global stardom because of their comic films.
    You will never hear anything about a director in the MCU, many don't even know their names or their other movies simply because MCU is the one comic series that has never had creative thinking.
    You can't be serious. Before Favreau did Iron Man his biggest movie was probably Elf with Will Ferrell. Joss Whedon had Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Serenity and Dollhouse. The Russo's had the critically panned film You, Me and Dupree before they did CA: TWS (a movie that catapulted them into sought after talent) When Ant-Man was announced people knew it because Edgar Wright was originally attached and when he dropped out Payton Reed took over. Reed's biggest movie was the (unfortunately) franchise spanning Bring it On film and then there's James Gunn, 'nuff said. It's unfair and extremely disingenuous to say that no one knew these directors or the films they did previously. Especially because everyone knows Joss Whedon from something, his appeal in the fan community is huge.
    Last edited by Peanutsinspace; 09-29-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Give up black storm, get black Colossus ? Because this is the equivalent, you're proposing to erase a prominent Jewish character for a C lister, no exchanges, I'll never ask for a black character to get race bended to fit Jewish needs and I expect the same from others
    Black Colossus made me think of this sorry https://goo.gl/images/Adnt9D

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

You're dismissing the importance and tragedy of the holocaust, and what it meant and means to Jewish people all around the world, what it teaches us about humanity at its best and worst, all you to fit the personal agenda of certain groups that are dismissive of anti semitism or think their struggles matter more than other's struggles around the world
    No, I’m just suggesting we adjust a characters backstory that allows him to be used, but if we can’t do that then **** it. Let’s just not use him than and call it a day.

Mighty Member

If we want to split hairs, we already had asian-inhuman Magneto/Selene in the form of Jiaying and South American-inhuman En Sabah Nur in the form of Hive from Agents of SHIELD.