The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default The ENTIRE Legion of Superheroes + Superman vs. Doomsday (not a Rumble)

NOTE: this is not a Rumbles thread (hence, its presence on the Superman Forum and not Rumbles), but a question about how the LSH's collective power stacks up and how their presence might have affected DEATH OF SUPERMAN.

Now in DEATH OF SUPERMAN, Superman basically fought Doomsday alone. In the early part of the struggle, Superman had the support of the Justice League, but it was the relatively weak JLI, and not the powerhouse Satellite Era League or the Morrison League.

What if, however, the ENTIRE Legion of Superheroes, with all their weapons and technology, showed up in Metropolis to help Superman before Doomsday mortally wounded him? Would the collective might of the LSH together with Superman be able to take Doomsday down for the count without Superman becoming a casualty?

I figure some LSH members might go down.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Well heck, I've always been convinced that the "powerhouse" League would have wiped the floor with Doomsday in a way that Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Fire, Ice, Maxima, Bloodwynd and Gardner-with-a-Sinestro-Ring couldn't. If we had Wally "at least seven miles per second" West, Kyle "manga nut" Rayner, Arthur "give you a seizure" Curry, J'onn "final arbiter" J'onzz and Princess "You underestimate us" Diana backing up Clark "I believe in [humanity]" Kent, Doomsday would last about seven panels.

And look, the Legion, at least in my mind ("headcanon"? Eh, whatever. This isn't a "feats" thread anyway), makes the JLA look like rookies. If the ENTIRE Legion showed up and stopped Doomsday, they wouldn't even be there because of him. They're probably there because Imperiex is back the Justice League needs help against him because he's re-armed Mageddon and revived the entire planet Krypton as Black Lanterns and then he's going to move on to the rest of the multiverse, and Doomsday only happened to be in the neighborhood. Doomsday would become somebody else's Clawster, you know?

Doomsday alone merits like a five Legionnaire squad, really. I'd send Mon-El, Star Boy, Brainiac Five, Dream Girl and Saturn Girl. Or maybe just Saturn Girl. She's a stronger telepath than J'onn, I'm sure she could do more than "whoa, this guy is violent as hell", unlike him.
    Last edited by Adekis; 04-29-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."