Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Best news of the week. I'll finally get to read current Polaris.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Words can't describe how excited I am that Polaris is coming back. I'm even more elated that my two favorites, Jean and Polaris, will be in the same comic and interacting with one another. Thank you, Cullen!

Yes & YES, the 1st 2 X-Women together AGAIN, there is a God INDEED! GREAT point, Soulsword323, in my DELIRIUM of enthusiasm... I had forgotten about their wonderful relationship being rekindled, but with a twist, in what will likely be a funky, brand-new way!!

Incredible Member

It seems awesome, but I'm going to be a pessimist and say they'll fudge it up. What the editors say and how they actually execute their ideas are totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I KNOW, I LOVE IT! BOTH covers are just TOO BEAUTIFUL, and SO dynamically sleek & seXy!! They're eXciting, ENTICING, & eye-catching, can't WAIT to see 'em come vividly "to life" with colors!

Here they are together, Steranko's original & Art Adams' new take on it, side by side:

Hey there, Buddy!

Yes, I was also excited when I saw the cover. I knew instantly it was a modern take on the classic one.

Thank you for posting both together!

I agree---absolutely can't wait to see the new one in color.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Emma is back and she looks great! :-D
    She DOES! SO MUCH better than the last time we saw her, @ the end of IvX. Also like that she's definitely NOT gonna be some silly, straight-up villain, that would've been REALLY lame & just stupid BEYOND belief. Still can't believe her, Jean, & Lorna are all gonna be in the same book together. I'd LOVE to get just ONE issue, devoted to an adventure featuring the 3 of them only. C'mon Cullen & Marvel, make it happen, you know you & we fans want it SO BAD!! ;D

And what of these...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    New Hellions?...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ... A certain New Warrior and Amazing Friend won't like that... so how about having Firestar appear in Blue?
    And Angelica, LOVE her, so I say... Bring. Her. ON!

Ultimate Member

Though it would be teen Jean who has no idea who Lorna even is, I wonder what the others aside from Dust and Rockslide obviously will think about all of this and wonder if they'll show up with an updated look an all...

BANNED

OR... will it be more of the old-school crew, as Digifiend suggested:

Excited for Xorn and a Bunn-written Emma!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    OR... will it be more of the old-school crew, as Digifiend suggested:

I would prefer the original Hellions to be honest. They would make great villains for teen O5. It would also be nice to see them with Emma again.

Great news about Polaris returning. I think most of us thought it would be in Blue.

Ultimate Member

I'm still guessing that she'll show up as a guest star, Lorna I mean, and not as the teams primary antagonist or anything like that...

BANNED

Classic Helluons resurrected in Necrosha or just another iteration of the team. Will Julian Keller be part of it?

Yay! New costume for Emma!

I'd love Bunn to create new characters to be the new Hellions, no recycling... unless the new Hellions are actually Generation X brought from the 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'd love Bunn to create new characters to be the new Hellions, no recycling... unless the new Hellions are actually Generation X brought from the 90s.
    I mean they might be! We actually DID get a look at that, or clones or telepathic projections.

At the same time it'd be really neat to see a group created to mirror the team in Blue, maybe with Nomi Blume mirroring Jimmy Hudson?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I would love to see how a horror writer like Bunn would do creating new mutants, like for the new Hellions team. It'd be cool to see some existing characters sprinkled in, but I'm excited to see some new ones with some staying power.