Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It remains to be seen if they are just piggybacking on it or what. Obviously Lorna was one of Marvel's first Legacy characters and they have historically not liked them the way DC has but with the success of X-23 and others that may be changing.
    I think they'd be foolish NOT to just fully embrace it, from both a business AND a creative standpoint, honestly. It'll likely prove to be MOST lucrative, by being the best of BOTH worlds, as they continue to try & eXpand their horizons to secure a more viable future. Appears to me they're digging in & getting ready to play the long-game, and covering ALL their bases, taking advantage of every opportunity, & leaving no stone unturned, in their willingness to have something for EVERYbody by way of utilizing EVERYthing at their disposal. They sound pretty darned AMBITIOUS to me, actually, and as a fan... I'm totally prepared & READY, for that, 'cause I've been waitin' for it for a VERY long time! Basically, from the sounds of things, and what I've heard so far... I'm pretty ELATED, right now, and that's SO encouraging AND inspiring!!

Great cover art! Very excited to see Emma Frost return. I'm glad it's happening in X-men Blue. I really hope it leads to a confrontation between Cyclops, Jean, and Emma. There's a lot of drama and anger that was left unresolved by the end of IvX. Cyclops made it pretty clear that he was very upset with her. Jean never even got a chance to be angry. I hope Cullen Bunn uses this as an opportunity explore the bigger picture with these three. They never talked about the drama among their adult selves, even when the O5 were with adult Cyclops' team. This is a great chance and one that shouldn't be passed up.

Also very interested in seeing what Polaris brings to the table. Being Magneto's daughter, I imagine she'll get some preferential treatment and will find ways to toy with the O5.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Secret Empire is shaping up to be one of Marvel's best events in quite some time. I'm genuinely intrigued by where it may lead. The lack of X-men in the first issue is somewhat telling, but we know from solicits that they will play a role. I can't wait to see what that role entails.

Also really glad to see Emma back in action. I do hope her new semi-villainous role will lead to the return of the Hellions. It seems Marvel is trying to bring back some of their better-known X-men villains like the Brotherhood and Mojo. Why not the Hellfire Club and the Hellions? I think the time is perfect for Emma to exercise some of her villainous traits as the White Queen.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    ... very interested in seeing what Polaris brings to the table. ... imagine she'll... find ways to toy with the O5.
    She DOES do that! She's been shown to be a lil' on the mischievous side, pretty consistently, over the years. So yeah, IMO, having her be a bit of an equal-opportunity agitator... would fall right in line with the character's established purview, her "wheelhouse" of traits, so to speak.

BANNED

ThanX to:

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    cullen bunn 20 minutes...
    ... for this awesome find, from the man himself, earlier this morning: Twitter.com, Cullen Bunn, 5:56 AM - 23 Apr 2017

Guess what folks! Polaris and Emma and Random... they're only the tip of the mutant iceberg for X-MEN BLUE 8 - 10. #xmenblue #SecretEmpire

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    As far as we know, yes she is, but at the same time - Emma, who is supposedly NOT a villain, working with a Sinister? Ehhhh.
    I doubt it, Bunn's already using Mister Sinister in his other new book Monsters Unleashed as a member of the new intelligencia.

Apparently he's interested in Kid Kaiju and his monsters
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-23-2017 at 07:27 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Bunn likes to please the older fans and respects continuity. I'm sure he has something interesting reserved for the return of the Hellions.

He had also responded in interviews that he had plans for Polaris.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    X-Men: Blue... The true flagship X-book.
    I'm ready for lots of Emma in Blue and in the Secret Empire side book, too. Polaris, Random and new Hellions should also be epic. Just throw in Magik on Emma's side and I'll be complete.
    Emma, Polaris, and Hellions! and yes please to Magik, that would be an amazing group.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ... Just throw in Magik...
    Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    Emma, Polaris, and Hellions! and yes please to Magik, that would be an amazing group.
    MAGIK, for cover #10!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    According to CBR:
    Doesn't mean that she'll be a regular, otherwise the regular cast is now like 10 character with Emma and Lorna, the young O5, Magneto, Jimmy Hudson, just saying that Lorna probably wouldn't appear in every single issue is all and probably not a member of the team so to speak...

Godddddddd I was dead set on not supporting blue (even if Bunns was writing it). Now I am getting really excited about the thought of Emma and her new Hellions. As long as it is not the 05.

It'll be really cool to see Polaris pop up again (not to mention see Emma in a role that might not be completely villainous even if she is still an antagonist) even though I'm still little on the fence about picking up XMB issues that tie into SE if they are heavily trenched in that story since I'm not going to pick up that event series and if it's required reading in order to understand XMB, well, I'm not gonna do that. But Polaris & Emma DO sound interesting!

Looking at that art it seems that at least Random (who was already confirmed as making a comeback) and Skids might be part of the All-New Hellions! I don't know who the Medusa like woman might be though I am presuming that her powers involve use of hair like Medusa's. My bet would be Lorelei Travis (not to be confused with Silver Age Lorelei, who was a Savage Land Mutate) but she had pink hair instead of red but that tends to be minor mistake that is pretty common with such minor characters and for all we know her hair might be different color because she dyed it or something. But all of this is assuming that the mutants in grey outfits indeed ARE the new Hellions! It could also be that those guys whose asses are being kicked by Beast & co are actually the new Hellions since they do seem to be wearing what appears to be a variation on the Hellfire Knights' costumes. But it's probably more likely that those just ARE Hellfire Knights who are acting as henchmen to Emma & her Hellions (the mutants in grey costumes).

But in any case, I'm curious to see what role Polaris and (apparently) Xorn are going to play in this! My bet is that this is the actual Xorn and not just someone pretending to be Xorn since Bunn just recently brought Xorn back in UXM. I think it's unlikely that Bunn would have gone through all the trouble to bring Xorn back from comic book limbo only to push him right back in there immediately.

I doubt the new Hellions will include many New X-Men; they seem to be accounted for as wallpaper over in Gold and GenX. Hellion seems like a pretty good bet, though.

BANNED

Blue's startin' to feel more like a direct successor to Bendis' UXM now, to me, for some reason. Its vibe is beginning to seem similar & more in tune with that, I think, than either his version of ANXM or its follow-up. IDK, maybe it's just 'cause both Mags AND Ems are gonna be there, w/Tyke & the like. But if Magik does show up, too...

... all bets are OFF!

Also, wonder if Blue will be one of the chosen, for the "Legacy" launch's original renumbering promotion? Kinda figured Gold will get Uncanny's, and Blue would pick up from the second, 90's singular title.

I KNOW the time-travel thing has been done to death in The X-Men, but if Emma Frost goes back in time and brings back ANY of her former students for a NEW Hellions team I will SHIT MYSELF! "X-Men: Blue" is giving me EVERYTHING I need in an X-Men comic book! I am way too excited about this book.