Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    It's just my opinion. What books do you feel are better?

I don't know about "better" thats really subjective but in the "equally as awesome" category I'd put a lot of books - Head Lopper, Sun Bakery, Orc Stain, Invincible, Savage Dragon, Black Monday Murders, Drifter, Copperhead, The Goddamned, God Country -

Other folks mileage may vary but I think Image publish the best line of books in the US by far at the moment.

BANNED

I prefer Black Monday Murders, but of the sprawling sci-fi epics image seems to built out of, I do enjoy EoW the most. And BMM is Hickman also, albeit more real-world, so you might want to try it out, it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    I prefer Black Monday Murders, but of the sprawling sci-fi epics image seems to built out of, I do enjoy EoW the most. And BMM is Hickman also, albeit more real-world, so you might want to try it out, it's awesome.
    Earth-based perhaps. The supernatural and demonic elements makes it not quite real-world.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Earth-based perhaps. The supernatural and demonic elements makes it not quite real-world.
    I dunno, seems pretty real to me...

Nah, you're right. MORE plausible, but still implausible.

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    I dunno, seems pretty real to me...

Nah, you're right. MORE plausible, but still implausible.
    As my physics teacher used to say, "Everything is possible. Some things are just highly improbable."
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

Chamberlain in the driver's seat is interesting...interesting to see him and the King go way back...although I think both Chamberlain and the King should watch out for their Seconds.

BANNED

Has there been any word when EOW will conclude?

I was thinking about finally reading it, but Hickman's stuff is usually better read as a complete story, so might as well wait until the end and then read it all at once.

This is the last "year" of the apocalypse.. so like 12 more issues or so according to a Dragotta tweet from some time ago

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This is the last "year" of the apocalypse.. so like 12 more issues or so according to a Dragotta tweet from some time ago
    Ok, thanks for the info.

Manhattan Projects is concluded, is it not? Been meaning to get on that too... So many comics, so little time

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    Manhattan Projects is concluded, is it not? Been meaning to get on that too... So many comics, so little time
    Yes, it is. I believe the complete volumes are available on comiXology Unlimited. I stopped reading after the first volume. The story was interesting but I just couldn't stand the art.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    Has there been any word when EOW will conclude?

I was thinking about finally reading it, but Hickman's stuff is usually better read as a complete story, so might as well wait until the end and then read it all at once.
    Lol, I've been getting the East of West volumes via comiXology sales. Planning on marathon reading those after the series ends, too.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 04-27-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    Currently Following:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Lol, I've been getting the East of West volumes via comiXology sales. Planning on marathon reading those after the series ends, too.
    I think once it wraps there will be a lot of trade/deluxe sales. I'll be marathoning the series as well.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerB View Post
    Other folks mileage may vary but I think Image publish the best line of books in the US by far at the moment.
    Agreed, but what is their competition? Marvel/DC just bank on the same tired characters with little innovation. Dark Horse has Black Hammer and maybe a few other decent titles, but these days they're really banking hard on the licensed stuff. Not creating a lot of exciting original material like they did in the Legend days. I honestly haven't tried much from IDW or Boom, but as far as I know they don't have anything that's really knock-your-socks-off good.

Image is in a really good place right now though. Descender, Southern Bastards, Kill or Be Killed, Extremity, and many other great titles. When I go to the comic shop, I just head straight for the independent section and grab a stack of Image books. I was a kid when the original Image titles came out and many of them don't hold up super well in hindsight (though I've always been and still am a Dragon mark), but the label itself has really matured. The versatility and quality are unrivaled by any other publisher at the moment, IMO. Too bad the sales figures don't reflect that! People never seem to get tired of Batman/Superman/X-Men/etc/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by npasto View Post
    Dark Horse has Black Hammer and maybe a few other decent titles, but these days they're really banking hard on the licensed stuff. Not creating a lot of exciting original material like they did in the Legend days.
    Dark Horse are putting out a lot of great creator owned stuff right now, actually. I'm enjoying their output as much as Image these days.

Image also put out complete crap alongside quality books.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Dark Horse are putting out a lot of great creator owned stuff right now, actually. I'm enjoying their output as much as Image these days.

Image also put out complete crap alongside quality books.
    I read Goon, Shaolin Cowboy, Usagi Yojimbo and some of the various Mignola-verse books - what are some of their other good creator owned books?

Agreed, but what is their competition? Marvel/DC just bank on the same tired characters with little innovation. Dark Horse has Black Hammer and maybe a few other decent titles, but these days they're really banking hard on the licensed stuff. Not creating a lot of exciting original material like they did in the Legend days. I honestly haven't tried much from IDW or Boom, but as far as I know they don't have anything that's really knock-your-socks-off good.
    I keep hearing Valiant books are really good but I've not had a chance to read any.

Image is in a really good place right now though. Descender, Southern Bastards, Kill or Be Killed, Extremity, and many other great titles. When I go to the comic shop, I just head straight for the independent section and grab a stack of Image books. I was a kid when the original Image titles came out and many of them don't hold up super well in hindsight (though I've always been and still am a Dragon mark), but the label itself has really matured. The versatility and quality are unrivaled by any other publisher at the moment, IMO. Too bad the sales figures don't reflect that! People never seem to get tired of Batman/Superman/X-Men/etc/etc.
    Absolutely.