Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    She was black, outside of some color flubs & rushed panels. Then she was white in a crossover, and Peter David just made her white period in X-Factor until enough people complained, then she was darkened a bit but still flip-flopped between brown, tan, & white.
    I tend to doubt Peter David made her white -- I don't recall him making any comment on her race in-story in the earlier issues of the run, and he wasn't in charge of the art. Seems like it would be the colourist who is the more likely culprit there.

Peter David did directly address Darwin's skin colour in-story though, with reference to how his powers had resulted in him having a whiter appearance over time. After that he wrote about Darwin reverting back to his more natural skin tone, at which point the art went along with the script (most of the time).

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I tend to doubt Peter David made her white -- I don't recall him making any comment on her race in-story in the earlier issues of the run, and he wasn't in charge of the art. Seems like it would be the colourist who is the more likely culprit there.

Peter David did directly address Darwin's skin colour in-story though, with reference to how his powers had resulted in him having a whiter appearance over time. After that he wrote about Darwin reverting back to his more natural skin tone, at which point the art went along with the script (most of the time).
    Peter David said enough. When asked about Monet being white, he says her skin color was confusing and that they had no proof she was "African-anything." Then when he got complaints later it X-Factor, he got an attitude & said people would still be complaining if she was made dark as Storm.

So while the colorist was a problem, PAD didn't seem to care much about correcting them. And didn't seem to want her to be that dark himself anyway.

And Darwin's situation is heavily racist. So I sure as Hell am not gonna compliment him on that. lol A black man named after a racist scientist who preached about white being the ultimate evolution & dark being inferior & subhuman is given the power of evolution where he turns into a white man. NOPE!!!!!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I really wish more would be done with her. Moon Girl may be the newest black girl genius on the roster, but Tilda is the original, and is totally refreshing. I could care about who the smartest *man* in the world is, Reed or Tony or Doom, when there are so few *women* geniuses out there, like Tilda. (It's not enough, IMO, to create a bunch of new kids in those roles, like Moon Girl or Nadia Pym, so much as to develop those that already exist.)
    This. I’d love to see her, MODAM, and Superia headlining a female version of AIM, giving writers the chance to create a bunch of female super-scientists, while also developing and building on the foundation they already have.

Jean Grey, Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch, Rogue and ofcourse Storm
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Jean Grey, Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch, Rogue and ofcourse Storm
    Storm is the only black character listed...did you not read the title of the thread?

Whoops thought it just read the most beautiful Marvel woman besides Storm
    Sorry, definately Photon
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Whoops thought it just read the most beautiful Marvel woman besides Storm
    Sorry, definately Photon
    Lol first I thought you were trolling, then it dawned on me that you must have misread the thread title.