BANNED

Default Frank Miller talks Superman

Questioner: I, I… couldn’t see the whole thing with the blazer, all right?

My question is… how do you feel about Superman? I sense some animosity.

Frank Miller: I adore Superman, but I was doing a Batman book, and I wanted Batman to be the hero and very much took his point of view, and it just seems to me that… If I were Batman, who would I resent the most? It would be the guy who not only represented very, very status quo oriented sense of things, someone who wanted things to stay just the same when things were rotten, but… someone who could fly when I needed a goddamn car.

To me it was very natural to set up a story where Batman would end up in combat with Superman, then the fun was finding a way for Batman to win the fight. By putting him in a big suit of armor, and having him have a buddy who could fire Kryptonite arrows.

To turn that around, one project I very much want to do is a project where Superman is very much a hero. I’m talking to DC about it, and hope to have something announced, but I want to do my original Superman where he’d be the hero all the way through.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...erman-dynamic/

I'm pretty sure he already said this exact same thing already. Both about how he feels about the Batman/Superman conflict and the part that he was planning a project with Supes, something about his jewish heritage or something. So I don't think there's any new info or insight here.
    Anyway I'd be down for it, out of curiosity if nothing else, even though I don't care for his Regan lapdog Superman.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 04-23-2017 at 12:37 AM.