Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Dan Slott To Remain Writer of Amazing Spider-Man Post-Empire And Through Legacy

This is direct from the "Will OMD Ever Be Reversed" thread.

I am writing the core Spider-Man title: ASM.

I will still be writing the core Spider-Man title after Secret Empire and into the Legacy era.

http://community.comicbookresources....eversed/page56

Didn't want this getting buried amongst the usual back-and-forths on Peter and MJ's relationship, as it is the first real news-worthy indicator of Legacy era creative teams.

BANNED

To be expected, considering how well his Spider-Man sells.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    To be expected, considering how well his Spider-Man sells.
    Yeah, pretty easy to anticipate that this would be the case.

BANNED

TBH, I'm not really expecting a vast creative shift on many of the Marvel books during the Legacy launch.

BANNED

they're just gonna keep the same creative teams they got them in this current lackluster state, arent they?

Thank you Dan Slott for your efforts and energy. Superior Spiderman was one of the most compelling Spoidey stories in years (and it gave us Superiot Foes...one of the best minis in years) . Unfortunately, those days are behind you. Perhaps you'd like a chance to spend more time with your family?
    Hobbes: How will these be so rare and valuable if every kid in America has five copies?
    Calvin: We're all counting on the other guys' moms to throw them away.
    —Calvin and Hobbes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    they're just gonna keep the same creative teams they got them in this current lackluster state, arent they?
    Yeah, pretty much. The renumbering is nice, but it's not a substantial change.

I'd rather we return to a BND-style arrangement where we have multiple writers on ASM. It might be less cohesive, but at least we'd get stories that don't feel so geared toward being 'the next big thing' for Peter, like this past volume of ASM has been.

BANNED

Their current state of being the #1 publisher in the industry? That state?

And specifically to this thread - Dan's ASM has been a consistently strong seller. There's nothing lackluster about that.

Why would Marvel push Dan out the door - just because of a small group of disgruntled fans online? Many of which don't even bother to read the book they spend so much time complaining about? That'd be a pretty dumb move on Marvel's part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Their current state of being the #1 publisher in the industry? That state?
    A state one can heavily dispute as being entirely down to other factors than quality storytelling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    A state one can heavily dispute as being entirely down to other factors than quality storytelling.
    Sales measure success, not quality storytelling.

It's not like you're going to tell me that Morrison's Action run is better than the Tomasi/Gleason Superman run, even though it sold better.

Quality is subjective and all that.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 04-23-2017 at 06:49 AM.

"Dan Slott to remain writer of Amazing Spider-Man FOREVERRRRR."

Fixed the title for you.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Basically.
    But I really hope that's not the case. I'd like them to bring in old talent that hasn't worked on a Marvel book in awhile or bring in fresh new talent and unknowns. Maybe more POC and women writers?

But no, if it's sorta functioning okay (well... decent???) why fix it, I guess? sigh
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Astonishing Member

I guess Dan is gonna reach issue 800. not many writers can say that they written a long running character book in his 600th issue to 700th and to 800th.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I guess Dan is gonna reach issue 800. not many writers can say that they written a long running character book in his 600th issue to 700th and to 800th.
    I guess I could look it up, but does someone know what issue we are at currently if we ad up all asm?
    Last edited by Bor; 04-23-2017 at 07:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I guess Dan is gonna reach issue 800.
    How far are we right now?

(Yeah, what Bor said)