Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I guess I good look it up, but does someone know what issue we are at currently if we ad up all asm?
    We'll find out when the legacy numbering returns.

BANNED

I guess I good look it up, but does someone know what issue we are at currently if we ad up all asm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    How far are we right now?

(Yeah, what Bor said)
    745, if they don't count all the .1 type issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    745, if they don't count all the .1 type issues.
    So that kind of fits with using 750 as the return to legacy numbering maybe? If they go that route. And likely a 10$ extra sized issue to with that if Marvel stay true to history?

So that kind of fits with using 750 as the return to legacy numbering maybe? If they go that route. And likely a 10$ extra sized issue to with that if Marvel stay true to history?
    If that were the case, Volume 4 #32 would be the 750th issue.

This assumes that they're not counting Superior Spider-Man. If they did, the legacy jump might come with #800 (which by me reckoning, would come just after Volume 4 #50 allowing for two bigger than usual issues.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If that were the case, Volume 4 #32 would be the 750th issue.

This assumes that they're not counting Superior Spider-Man. If they did, the legacy jump might come with #800 (which by me reckoning, would come just after Volume 4 #50 allowing for two bigger than usual issues.)
    Sure if they choose to include that. I get the argument for that, story reasons and all, but I think it would be better to not count superior simply because of the name. But really I must admit I dont really care that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    they're just gonna keep the same creative teams they got them in this current lackluster state, arent they?
    Spider-Man's doing okay. When DC did Rebirth, they kept some of the creative teams around.

Sure if they choose to include that. I get the argument for that, story reasons and all, but I think it would be better to not count superior simply because of the name. But really I must admit I dont really care that much.
    It'll probably come down on whether they'd rather have a new anniversary issue soon, or whether they want to wait a bit.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

To be expected, considering how well his Spider-Man sells.
    It honestly reminds me of Bendis' Avengers run in the sense that for all the bashing it may get online, it still was a reliable strong seller. At the end of the day, the Amazing will only get a new writer when Slott decides he wants to step down.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed we're not getting a new creative team coming in for ASM with Legacy, but I guess this isn't surprising by this point.

Everytime it feels like Dan Slott is getting a good jumping off point on the title, he still manages to stick around for another re-launch/re-branding. Which gives me little incentive to pick up ASM again, but it is what it is and I have other titles with Peter in them that I can enjoy.

I guess now with the "legacy" branding and possible return to the "classic" status quo, we'll get to see Slot's take on a more "classic" status quo for Peter, which I can't say I'm really interested in seeing.

I'm curious to see how he'll continue Doc Ock's story post-Secret Empire.

Congrats, Mr. Slott. Wish you well on the next phase of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Basically.
    But I really hope that's not the case. I'd like them to bring in old talent that hasn't worked on a Marvel book in awhile or bring in fresh new talent and unknowns. Maybe more POC and women writers?

But no, if it's sorta functioning okay (well... decent???) why fix it, I guess? sigh
    I couldn't agree more with that sentiment.

How long will it take for us to get more info to fill this out, do you reckon?
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...k/MarvelLegacy

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How long will it take for us to get more info to fill this out, do you reckon?
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...k/MarvelLegacy
    Be fun to compare it to the DC Rebirth page .

Well, good for Mr Slott and the people that like his work, i hope that fans still enjoy him

Me personally, i won't be picking Amazing Spider-Man for another year. this is starting to feel like Wolfman's Titans in the 90s for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    This is direct from the "Will OMD Ever Be Reversed" thread.

http://community.comicbookresources....eversed/page56

Didn't want this getting buried amongst the usual back-and-forths on Peter and MJ's relationship, as it is the first real news-worthy indicator of Legacy era creative teams.
    Slott's contract is coming up for renewal soon...and notice how he says "and into the Lagacy era" but doesn't mention what his status will be with the Make Mine Marvel initiative.Realistically.Marvel has allowed Slott to be part of too many Spiderman relaunches and having him spearhead another one doesn't bring fans or readers anything new or fresh to the title. If Marvel is serious about "Make Mine Marvel" and a return to basics then Slott needs to go and a new writer and artist brought on board in order to excite the fan base..Slott should leave already and explore new characters and writing challenges and take his career to the next level.

BANNED

To be expected, considering how well his Spider-Man sells.
    His Spiderman only outsells other Marvel titles {except Star Wars}...not DC.It should not be surprising he has the # 1 Marvel Superhero title in Marvel since all other Marvel titles are doing so badly and being stealth cancelled left and right.The only way Amazing can even do it is by attaching it with gimmicks and a high cover price.
    Last edited by Timmyb52; 04-23-2017 at 08:38 PM.