Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Slott's everything is fun:

She-Hulk
    Thing
    GLA
    Spidey
    Silver Surfer
    Avengers: the Initiative

He's got some amazing Marvel comics to his name. Really fun stuff.

Seeing him do a FF book would be cool, but honestly? I'd love to see him tackle more B-, C-, or D-Listers due to my love of his GLA series.

-Pav, who misses the Initiative characters...
    What I would like to see Slott do is make Jennifer Walters a supporting character in Amazing Spider-Man as one of Peter's close friends that goes back to their first meeting at ESU Science Camp. Jennifer is just as much as a geek as Peter. Both a socially awkward. Both lost a loved one. Both are loners.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    What I would like to see Slott do is make Jennifer Walters a supporting character in Amazing Spider-Man as one of Peter's close friends that goes back to their first meeting at ESU Science Camp. Jennifer is just as much as a geek as Peter. Both a socially awkward. Both lost a loved one. Both are loners.
    Dude give it up and stop confusing your head canon with what is actually in the stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Dude give it up and stop confusing your head canon with what is actually in the stories.
    Editors and Writers are the same way. Sometimes you have to look outside of the head canon to make sense out of anything. Although I do admit that sitting on the sidelines waiting for a writer to pick up on my idea is dumb. But I hope that it inspires them...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Editors and Writers are the same way. Sometimes you have to look outside of the head canon to make sense out of anything. Although I do admit that sitting on the sidelines waiting for a writer to pick up on my idea is dumb. But I hope that it inspires them...
    Writers aren't allowed to solicit ideas from fans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Writers aren't allowed to solicit ideas from fans
    Never story ideas. But they are known to use Marvels characters to their stories from fans suggestions in the past.

BANNED

ASM Legacy cover

Well, uh...that's a cover .

It's an homage to an album cover drawn by John Romita, Sr.

If you're gonna homage a Spider-Man cover that hasn't been homaged many times before, you could do worse than an obscure John Romita, Sr. work.

Fantastic Member

Nothing against Slott, but the book needs new blood;

He's had an eon with the book - look at where he started, look at where we are now ... A few good stories aside - Spidey is fine - - - but Peter needs a new voice from a different angle

small stories would be good - burned out on the massive arcs

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Slott had lots of good moments some bad ones Alpha cough..cough. That said if he can bring fresh ideas there is no reason for him to leave.
    I do feel that he may be getting burned out of ideas, so it'll likely happen in the near future, I just don't think we're there yet.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Spectacular Member

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Fantastic Member

He's had an eon with the book - look at where he started, look at where we are now ... A few good stories aside - Spidey is fine - - - but Peter needs a new voice from a different angle

small stories would be good - burned out on the massive arcs
    that's why we have peter parker the spectacular spider-man so we can have small stories it's back to basics.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plasticman101 View Post

small stories would be good - burned out on the massive arcs posted by vixx

that's why we have peter parker the spectacular spider-man so we can have small stories it's back to basics.
    Is it possible that this is being done to explore other writers? Wasn't Slott one of a group that rotated back when he started? It just seems that with the writers for the satellite titles, Marvel might possibly be exploring what the other writers can do. Maybe one of the satellite writers might be the writer of AMS in the near future. Just thinking here.

Another note, I think there would be potential if Slott was a writer for a return of FF. When they finally figure that hey, we can do Fantastic Four and stop wasting resources trying to punish Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Is it possible that this is being done to explore other writers? Wasn't Slott one of a group that rotated back when he started? It just seems that with the writers for the satellite titles, Marvel might possibly be exploring what the other writers can do. Maybe one of the satellite writers might be the writer of AMS in the near future. Just thinking here.

Another note, I think there would be potential if Slott was a writer for a return of FF. When they finally figure that hey, we can do Fantastic Four and stop wasting resources trying to punish Fox.
    Historically, writing a satellite book has led to work on ASM.

Gerry Conway and Len Wein came to the book from Marvel Team-Up.
    Roger Stern had a run on Spectacular Spider-Man.
    David Michelinie had a brief run on Web of Spider-Man.
    JM DeMatteis had been on Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

To be perfectly honest, I truly, truly want someone new on the book. If Marvel feels, however, that Slott's doing a good job, then fine. ASM isn't all I read, anyway. I'm jammin' with the satelite titles.