Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    they're just gonna keep the same creative teams they got them in this current lackluster state, arent they?
    Most likely...because Marvel is now full of a bunch of company "yes" men who do whatever sales and editorial tells them to do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Their current state of being the #1 publisher in the industry? That state?

And specifically to this thread - Dan's ASM has been a consistently strong seller. There's nothing lackluster about that.

Why would Marvel push Dan out the door - just because of a small group of disgruntled fans online? Many of which don't even bother to read the book they spend so much time complaining about? That'd be a pretty dumb move on Marvel's part.
    Being # 1 in dollar share to Retailers is not the same as being # 1 in unit shares to the real buying public. And again...Slott does not make Amazing great,it was hugely popular before him and will stay popular even after he is gone. And who knows...a new writer could make the book even better. It's time for someone new...Slott has been on the title long enough.

All-New Member

I wish he would write a Hank Pym ongoing too

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I guess I could look it up, but does someone know what issue we are at currently if we ad up all asm?
    Amazing # 26 brings us to issue # 744 by my count...he has a way to go if he's allowed to stay on past # 750 if he is to reach # 800.
    Last edited by Timmyb52; 04-23-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    Being # 1 in dollar share to Retailers is not the same as being # 1 in unit shares to the real buying public. And again...Slott does not make Amazing great,it was hugely popular before him and will stay popular even after he is gone. And who knows...a new writer could make the book even better. It's time for someone new...Slott has been on the title long enough.
    People aren't so blindly loyal to brands as you think, it's a question of whether or not Slott's writing and the elements of his stories are a make or break to the reader, if it's a break for the reader, the reader stops. It's the basic fact of whether or not it's a person's cup of tea, it varies from person to person, and honestly, there's at least one alternative if you don't want to read Slott's ASM right now (RYV). More than one if you have some liking for the other Spider-people.

One example is that while I hate the live action Transformers movies, apparently plenty of people don't, or else there wouldn't be billions of dollars made off of them. Other people aren't me, and there are alternatives to Transformers movies. Same is true with Spider-Man.

BANNED

His Spiderman only outsells other Marvel titles {except Star Wars}...not DC.It should not be surprising he has the # 1 Marvel Superhero title in Marvel since all other Marvel titles are doing so badly and being stealth cancelled left and right.The only way Amazing can even do it is by attaching it with gimmicks and a high cover price.
    His Spider-Man outsells most of DC's books.

In Febuary, the only DC books to outsell ASM were Batman, JLA #1, Super Sons #1, JLA Rebirth #1, JL, All-Star Batman and Detective Comics. By March, Detective, Super Sons, and JLA had all fallen below ASM'S February numbers.

This dude is gonna write Spider-Man forever lol. He's pretty hit/miss for me so I'll see how it goes. I do hope we eventually get some new blood on the title tho

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    People aren't so blindly loyal to brands as you think, it's a question of whether or not Slott's writing and the elements of his stories are a make or break to the reader, if it's a break for the reader, the reader stops. It's the basic fact of whether or not it's a person's cup of tea, it varies from person to person, and honestly, there's at least one alternative if you don't want to read Slott's ASM right now (RYV). More than one if you have some liking for the other Spider-people.

One example is that while I hate the live action Transformers movies, apparently plenty of people don't, or else there wouldn't be billions of dollars made off of them. Other people aren't me, and there are alternatives to Transformers movies. Same is true with Spider-Man.
    I have already mentioned that I read and buy RYV's, and I also plan on picking up The Scarlet Spider...but I also deeply care for the 616 Peter Parker. Telling others to just be quiet and be content with RYV's is just a means to project the illusion that the main 616 is fine and should stay the way it is.And why have so many other successful writers and runs of Amazing come and gone but their is this blind belief that Slott should stay forever on Amazing when his run is falling in sells and readership?Wouldn't Amazing benefit with a fresh injection of a new writer and artist...especially with a new relaunch? People who pick up # 750 are going to just see the same writer on the title and assume they are going to get the same stories and most likely will assume that there is nothing "new" to this whole Make Mine Marvel/Legacy initiative but the same old,same old and will not buy it, especially since it all comes from the same writer who has been on the title since BND. NO... a major shift in story telling and writing demands a new writer which will project that feeling of something new and fresh.Amazing is growing stagnant and needs a fresh injection of new talent...the longer Slott stays on Amazing the more and more it looks as if he is hogging it for himself without allowing someone else a chance with it.No one gets to write Amazing forever...no matter how good/bad they are.Slott has had a long run,but now its time for him to pass the torch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    His Spider-Man outsells most of DC's books.

In Febuary, the only DC books to outsell ASM were Batman, JLA #1, Super Sons #1, JLA Rebirth #1, JL, All-Star Batman and Detective Comics. By March, Detective, Super Sons, and JLA had all fallen below ASM'S February numbers.
    Comichrons sells numbers for April will tell the tale when they are released for Amazing # 26, and I will leave it there for now.However just because something might appear to be doing well does not mean a writer cannot be replaced or shipped off a book.Slott has had 10 years and Marvel may feel with a new relaunch that Amazing deserves something new and fresh to go with it like a new writer and artist to give it that sense of something new.Relaunching and having the same old writer on the same old title = YAWN!

BANNED

His Spiderman only outsells other Marvel titles {except Star Wars}...not DC.It should not be surprising he has the # 1 Marvel Superhero title in Marvel since all other Marvel titles are doing so badly and being stealth cancelled left and right.The only way Amazing can even do it is by attaching it with gimmicks and a high cover price.
    That is simply not true. It outsells a whole bunch of DC titles. Your bias is showing again.

BANNED

Comichrons sells numbers for April will tell the tale when they are released for Amazing # 26, and I will leave it there for now.However just because something might appear to be doing well does not mean a writer cannot be replaced or shipped off a book.Slott has had 10 years and Marvel may feel with a new relaunch that Amazing deserves something new and fresh to go with it like a new writer and artist to give it that sense of something new.Relaunching and having the same old writer on the same old title = YAWN!
    I'm not even reading the Spider-Man books, or against another writer taking over, but the way things are now, unless sales drop off by a large amount, I don't see Slott leaving unless he wants to. He's the closest thing Marvel has to Scott Snyder as far maintaining success for a character goes. ASM #26 will probably have higher sales than #24, due to the sales spike #25 received.

BANNED

I have already mentioned that I read and buy RYV's, and I also plan on picking up The Scarlet Spider...but I also deeply care for the 616 Peter Parker. Telling others to just be quiet and be content with RYV's is just a means to project the illusion that the main 616 is fine and should stay the way it is.And why have so many other successful writers and runs of Amazing come and gone but their is this blind belief that Slott should stay forever on Amazing when his run is falling in sells and readership?Wouldn't Amazing benefit with a fresh injection of a new writer and artist...especially with a new relaunch? People who pick up # 750 are going to just see the same writer on the title and assume they are going to get the same stories and most likely will assume that there is nothing "new" to this whole Make Mine Marvel/Legacy initiative but the same old,same old and will not buy it, especially since it all comes from the same writer who has been on the title since BND. NO... a major shift in story telling and writing demands a new writer which will project that feeling of something new and fresh.Amazing is growing stagnant and needs a fresh injection of new talent...the longer Slott stays on Amazing the more and more it looks as if he is hogging it for himself without allowing someone else a chance with it.No one gets to write Amazing forever...no matter how good/bad they are.Slott has had a long run,but now its time for him to pass the torch!
    Oh come on. Is it that hard for you to understand that a lot of people actually like Slotts work? The sales numbers does simply not support these claims. I know you have demonstrated that you have a hard time accepting that but please dont insult the rest of us who do enjoy the work by telling us that even though we like it and numbers support us the title is really in some sort of terrible shape.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Their current state of being the #1 publisher in the industry? That state?

And specifically to this thread - Dan's ASM has been a consistently strong seller. There's nothing lackluster about that.

Why would Marvel push Dan out the door - just because of a small group of disgruntled fans online? Many of which don't even bother to read the book they spend so much time complaining about? That'd be a pretty dumb move on Marvel's part.
    I have loved a vast majority of Dan's spidey work. But even I, as a fan, have felt this last volume to be far below the quality of his Big Time and Superior runs. It just hasn’t had the same punch. Same vitality. Hopefully Legacy allows him to get back to that.

I do ask one thing: Please no more Ock stories for a while after the upcoming one. I seriously need a break from that guy.

I know you are a big Dr Who fan, Dan. But even that suffers from the Daleks popping up all the damn time.

Take a bad dude off the board, build up a demand, then deliver the goods when the fanbase least expects it.

I'll also shut up if you give me a Mysterio arc lol. Love when you write him.

Astonishing Member

Amazing # 26 brings us to issue # 744 by my count...he has a way to go if he's allowed to stay on past # 750 if he is to reach # 800.
    Issue 32 will be issue 750. That all hinges on whether they include Superior. But I hope they don't. Just leave that as its own thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well, good for Mr Slott and the people that like his work, i hope that fans still enjoy him

Me personally, i won't be picking Amazing Spider-Man for another year. this is starting to feel like Wolfman's Titans in the 90s for me.
    It feels like Bendis on Avengers at times. Bendis should have left after Siege was done with. Bendis started his run by busting up the Avengers. So it would have been nice if his run had ended by bringing the classic line-up together again.

With Dan, his run started with elevating Peter to the status he is at now. So it stands to reason that a logical end to it be returning him back to that status quo.

That is me though.